PDA

View Full Version : yamaha 450 or honda 450???????

ride300exrider
02-06-2004, 03:34 PM
hey guys i never thought i would turn to yamaha but i dont have alot of money this year and need a new race bike im going to buy eaither one of the new 450. i was just asking for people to tell me what thy like better and WHY dont just say because i need to have a good bike i will be not be doing to much work to it my first year bacsue i have just dont alot to the truck(my other baby) i have read alot saying that the yamaha is better for mx and mx is what im going to be racing but i LOVE hondas so that will be a hard change for me...lol
well let me know what u guys think and WHY
thanks a ton
ed
PS. im just trying to get the better bike for my money

cheetah
02-06-2004, 05:13 PM
They are gonna be fairly close motor-wise and I'm not sure about the price gap. The best advice is to go sit on one and try to test drive one to see which one you are more comfortable on. They are both great choices and I say go with what you like the best personally. The only thing I don't like about the Yami is the seat. I like a plush seat and the YFZ lacks that, but for MX who needs a seat anyways?

EvilJester400EX
02-06-2004, 11:15 PM
If you're a shorter guy, you'll feel more comfortable on the YFZ. If you're a taller guy, then you'll feel better on the TRX. Only thing I would change now about my YFZ is that seat. Seat bouncing on it sucks :blah:

660bigdaddy
02-07-2004, 07:29 AM
get a honda.

alberndt
02-07-2004, 08:40 AM
I'm 6 feet tall and my legs started to cramp up as soon as I started to ride the yfz. The thing screams though and it was stock, walked all over two cannondales.

When in doubt buy a Honda

quadmxracer
02-07-2004, 08:43 AM
Get the Honda 450R.

ride300exrider
02-07-2004, 10:21 AM
thanks guys im only 5 10 5 11 and 150 pounds so im not big
i herd that the yamaha is a lil better for mx but idk
i love honda
keep giving me whats u think

big bad beny
02-07-2004, 12:21 PM
Yam has never built a verry good bottom end they are verry week. The Bike is for a smaller Rider but i i think you will like the honda better. The Honda motor is a lot stronger and the power is the same or maybe batter. If i were you i would go with a Honda.
I am not trying to diss the yam in eny means But i still thinke the Honda is better.

P.S. Ride Red and Ride Hard

trailburner
02-07-2004, 12:51 PM
It's as simple as this......the last thing you said is that "your just trying to get the better bike for your money"...so am I. thats why I'm going to get the yam..right now you can get the yam for less money because they came out last year...unless you want a brand spanking new one. then I might go with the honda.

400EXrider#91
02-07-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by ride300exrider
thanks guys im only 5 10 5 11 and 150 pounds so im not big
i herd that the yamaha is a lil better for mx but idk
i love honda
keep giving me whats u think

i am about your size and the yfz is prefect for me

brian-250
02-07-2004, 02:47 PM
honda;) :cool:

crashinmatt
02-07-2004, 06:38 PM
personally i like them both. but if i was buyin a brand new right now it would probably be a honda (im sponsored by a honda dealer, and get a good price on one). but even if i wasnt i would still go for the honda. like the others say i dont like the seat. the seat is nice on the 450r. and as for power stock, there isnt much difference.
www.gtthunder.com/TRX450R.html

ride300exrider
02-08-2004, 04:33 PM
400exrider#91 have u raced on the yam 450? if so how did u do does the bike run good in all types or riding or is it just good for racing. i am going to be racing my 450 but also will like to ride at the local gravel pits too
what about everyone else which one better for motocross and pit riding?

airheadedduner
02-08-2004, 11:24 PM
I am in the same position. I havn't ridden either one yet, just sat on them. I have talked to a lot of racers that have ridden both and all say the yammy. The honda is eaise to ride though but they say it is tippy. But for the price difference you can buy new tires so........ IMO the performance difference is not worth giving up my EX yet. I am going with the yfz most likly.

03400EX_Nacs
02-11-2004, 05:06 PM
i would wait for the second or third year bikes so they can get all the kinks out the choose one