PDA

View Full Version : 400EX Exhaust

BigGun400EX
02-06-2004, 03:06 PM
My Big Gun exhaust is ruster around the core and the ceramic coating is falling off (water got to it... bad). I am goin to send it of to be repaired and was wondering what kind of other exhaust I should get, I'd like to have a spare. What would work good with my mods and have just as much power as big gun maybe a lil louder even? I was thinking about LRD or CT or Sparks or somethin'.. any ideas?

hondarider2006
02-06-2004, 03:08 PM
I would say sparks. Man there has to be at least 15 threads on this subject...do a search;)

Cody_300ex
02-06-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by hondarider2006
I would say sparks. Man there has to be at least 15 threads on this subject...do a search;)

Good advice! www.sparksracing.com

BigGun400EX
02-06-2004, 03:11 PM
I tried it goes to that please visit our sponcer screen then thats it, i gotta X out of IE and come back to the site, I'll try for that later

hondarider2006
02-06-2004, 03:15 PM
here is what I came up with;)

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=494220&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

InsAyneROostin
02-06-2004, 08:56 PM
Let me tell you this before you go out n get a LRD pipe, they are LOUD. As in literal, ear-destroying loud. I heard some guy that had one on his Z-Kwad, and it sure hurt my ears, even through my helmet. But it had a nice sound to it. He said it gave him good power and nice midrange hit, leveling out nicely on top. not to mention killer bottom end. But that's on a Z. not sure on the honda four-hundred. but I'd go with either HMF, FMF or Pro Circuit. I myself have a T-4 slip on and it rips, with a not-too loud, nice deep throaty sound to it. That's my 2 cents. Have at it. :o

hondarider2006
02-07-2004, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by InsAyneROostin
Let me tell you this before you go out n get a LRD pipe, they are LOUD. As in literal, ear-destroying loud. I heard some guy that had one on his Z-Kwad, and it sure hurt my ears, even through my helmet. But it had a nice sound to it. He said it gave him good power and nice midrange hit, leveling out nicely on top. not to mention killer bottom end. But that's on a Z. not sure on the honda four-hundred. but I'd go with either HMF, FMF or Pro Circuit. I myself have a T-4 slip on and it rips, with a not-too loud, nice deep throaty sound to it. That's my 2 cents. Have at it. :o

I would have to agree with you on everything, except for the fmf. I had a powercore 4(my 400 came with it on)and I didn't like it. They build awsome 2 stroke pipes, but not so much 4 stroke. There powerbomb header is really nice, like if you were to go with a HMF slip-on and later decided that you wanted to do some motor work, you could get that header and I could garentee you would be happy:cool: