PDA

View Full Version : Florence, Or Feb. 15th??

ThorChick
02-06-2004, 11:36 AM
Alright, here's the deal, I've been working 7 days a week for the last three or four weeks and moving out of my mom's house and in with my boyfriend whenever I'm not working. The 15th of this month will be my first full day off where I don't have to move or work so I want to hit the dunes. Anyone else up for it? I won't have my 300ex that day since I'm putting it on consignment at my work (Cycle Sports of Eugene) but I will have my boyfriend's stock '04 400ex. Just let me know if anyone else wants to meet up with me and some of my friends.

airheadedduner
02-06-2004, 01:57 PM
Very slim chance but I might be able to make it. I havn't ridden sand since augest:eek: I don't remeber what its like. Would be nice to not have to worry about someone running into me:blah:

BTW my 440 was done by Cylce Sports of Eugene. It used to be owned by Jamie of Dealer Transportation. Its bloody fast, whooped on 2 LRD piped yfz450s of the line at the track. 2-3 bike lenghts off the start. Teach thoose *******s to tell me the EX is an outdated motor that can't be competitive powerwise:D :cool: :devil:

ThorChick
02-06-2004, 03:23 PM
Awesome!!!! My boyfriend plans on putting a 440 kit in his 400ex before he takes it to the dunes for the first time. What cam and exhaust did they put in yours? Any recommendations for his? Hopefully I'll be able to meet up with you that Sunday, if not we'll probably be there the sunday after that too. I need to get some major riding time in, I'm going nuts!!!

airheadedduner
02-06-2004, 11:19 PM
My parents just dropped a family event on me for that weekend(yay a luncheon) go figure. I could make the sunday after.

They did an 11:1 440 kit, HRC cam, 39fcr, WB cdi, WB pro meg exhaust and some porting. With 4-6 discs the WB pipe is okay quiet, I still don't think it will pass sound. I am very happy with it. It had a +4 swingarm and it would pull wheelies all day long. I have it at +2 right now. I would deffiniatly go with similar to what I got except the WB cdi. It helps but you have to keep on top of the battery. A hinson clutch basket is aslo a must, it blew up the stocker, literally:eek2:

2004TRX450R
02-07-2004, 01:42 AM
Well I'd love to go but it is a bit of a drive for me. I think I will be heading that way the following weekend but I think we are talking about heading to Winchester Bay. That is the weekend of the 21st and 22nd. If you want to come down there to join us that would be cool to be able to put some faces to some names!

airheadedduner
02-08-2004, 02:22 PM
Hmmmm. I get paid on the 20th so that would be an easier ride to make. But I aslo have my last race of the indoor season on the 20th. I'll see if I can but I would only be good for the 22nd. I just had my last ride on the EX before it even starts again. The valve seals are so gone it burned about an 1/8 of a liter of oil in two 7 lap moto's. It also would be nice to know what my compitition could be like at washougal:devil:

2004TRX450R
02-09-2004, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by airheadedduner
It also would be nice to know what my compitition could be like at washougal:devil:

Probably not much. I have ridden since I was about 4 but have never raced. I'm looking foreward to getting into raceing with this new bike.

Chef
02-09-2004, 07:17 PM
. It also would be nice to know what my compitition could be like at washougal:devil:

I'm gonna be there on the 21st and 22nd with 2004TRX450R. :cool:

airheadedduner
02-09-2004, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Chef
14th for me. Where are you looking to find event scheules? I havn't found to many that include quads.

2004TRX450R
02-10-2004, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Chef

Hey Donny I've been going to call you for about a week now and always think about it in the middle of the day or late at night when you aren't home or are probably in bed. Did your friend ever find out about those bars and clamps? If so let me know I want them asap. Also a teather kill that will work with the fat bars. we're still trying to figure out for sure what is going on that weekend for the dunes. I'll give you a call and let you know as soon as I know something.

Chef
02-10-2004, 11:40 PM
You can give him a call if you want, (Chris) 360-576-1289. About the kill switch thing, the only part that is bigger, just like the pro tapers, is the clamp area, and the bend. It is regular size for the grips and other things. You will just need to put the switch up close to the grip or something.

2004TRX450R
02-11-2004, 12:51 AM
14th for me. Where are you looking to find event scheules? I havn't found to many that include quads.

We'll probably be at the sand on the 21st and 22nd but at washougal on the 14th of March. I don't recall where I found the schedule off the top of my head. I'd have to look for it again. I think it was a link off a thread at www.nwquadriders.com.

ThorChick
02-11-2004, 10:36 AM
Okay, guess I'll just have to go 2 weekends in a row. Is it Florence or Winchester Bay on the 22nd?

airheadedduner
02-11-2004, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by 2004TRX450R
We'll probably be at the sand on the 21st and 22nd but at washougal on the 14th of March. I don't recall where I found the schedule off the top of my head. I'd have to look for it again. I think it was a link off a thread at www.nwquadriders.com.
I posted that thread on nwquadriders:p

I can't go to the sand now because some THEIF:grr: :mad: stole my TI-89(graphing calculator). I had to buy a damn TI-83 at $99.95. Nearly blew my washougal budget too:grr:

2004TRX450R
02-12-2004, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by ThorChick
Okay, guess I'll just have to go 2 weekends in a row. Is it Florence or Winchester Bay on the 22nd?

The plan is winchester bay on the 21st and 22nd.