PDA

View Full Version : Hot Cams

SHANE03EX
02-06-2004, 10:52 AM
IF I INSTALL A HOT CAM STAGE 2 DO I NEED TO GET NEW VALVE SPRINGS AND OR OTHER HARDWARE? THE REASON I ASK IS BECAUSE I THOUGHT THIS WAS THE CASE. I THOUGHT THE STAGE 1 WAS COMPATIBLE WITH STOCK VALVE TRAIN AND STAGE 2 REQUIRES NEW HARDWARE. IS THIS TRUE?

UglyMotha™
02-06-2004, 12:22 PM
both stage 1 and 2 are drop in cams nothing needs to be replaced just drop her in and ride:o

02-06-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by UglyMotha™
both stage 1 and 2 are drop in cams nothing needs to be replaced just drop her in and ride:o

and pray it doesn't fail...:blah:

UglyMotha™
02-06-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Rico
and pray it doesn't fail...:blah:

your just jealous my bike pulls harder than yours :o http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/eatout.gif

02-06-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by UglyMotha™
your just jealous my bike pulls harder than yours :o http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/eatout.gif

sounds like a challenge...:devil:

Tommy 17
02-06-2004, 02:24 PM
the only other thing u'll need is almost most every other part in ur motor when the cam fails like the other 100 that have been posted on this site and gernades ur motor... i'd NEVER trust one...

hot cams are junk... i dunno why so many people push them... they say they are fixed... but i still see posts comin up about it...

go with a TC, sparks, xr400 cam:o

UglyMotha™
02-06-2004, 02:33 PM
i'm not goin to argue with you nancy boys :p

but just for the record i've been running the old style cam for over a year now with no signs of any future failure and i do ride hard, not just hard, but HARD and you guys need to take into consideration of ratios i'm sure you've study up some on those there is skool there tommy specially since tc doesn't sell no 20,000 or so cams a year i'm sure if he was meeting that quota he would have his share of failures to and once you get into the real world and around manufacturing your goin to realize that when you get into mass production no mater how great of measures you take towards quality in any company your are always goin to have your failures so in reality 100:20,000 really isn't that bad of a ratio when you look at it as a whole :o ;)

later chicos:D

and of course the only time you hear about the cam is when one goes wrong but if everybody that had one on here that liked it and made a post it would overwhelm the system

Tommy 17
02-06-2004, 02:42 PM
i know of more TC racing cams then hot cams... and thats no lie...

the fact of the matter is this... i DO NOT CARE about a ratio... the fact is hot cams break and ruin motors... i've NEVER heard of a TC cam coming apart i can't count how many i heard of hot cams... the thing is this... do u want to take the risk of ur cam coming apart??? the chances of it is very likly with a hotcam... noone wants to take the risk ( i know i don't wanna ruin a 2,000$ motor of a defect)... yes u may get lucky (like u have) and it'll be fine... but u could be like others and have costly motor damage for no reasons when u could go with another maker and still have the SAME power if not more...

ugly i am not flamin u i'm just tryin to get the point across... i know i don't want my motor to gernade when i could easily prevent it and go with another maker:o

UglyMotha™
02-06-2004, 02:45 PM
it's all cool tommy, i don't normally jump into these arguments cause i see them as pointless and everybody has an oppinion just think everybody needs to think outside the box everynow and then

YZROOSTINYA
02-06-2004, 06:31 PM
My buddy's friends cousins aunts old boyfriend told me they were junk.

DONT DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :(

cheetah
02-06-2004, 06:37 PM
Mine gave me no problems either the time I had my EX. I guess some are good some aren't. Mine was the old style too.

H_W
02-07-2004, 08:45 AM
There have been alot of posts about this lately. I will once again say that I have had one of the earlier hotcams in my 400 for over a year now with no problems. I would really recommend it to anyone.

dariusld
02-07-2004, 08:53 AM
I liked the price and the fact that you don't have to turn in a core. I was also worried at first(old style Hotcam), but its been a year and no problems.

Out_Sider
02-07-2004, 09:09 AM
Web Racing ;)