PDA

View Full Version : Hard Starting, Plug Fouled!

JBANNAN
02-06-2004, 10:15 AM
HELP! I'VE GOT A K&N FILTER, PRO-CIRCUIT T-4, AND I RE-JETTED THE CARB TO THE LARGEST MAIN JET THAT COMES WITH THE K&N JET KIT. I AM FOULING MY PLUG AND IT IS VERY HARD TO START. WOULD A HOTTER PLUG HELP? WOULD I RUN THE RISK OF DAMAGE TO MY ENGINE? SHOULD I GO SMALLER WITH MY MAIN JET? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mustang93
02-06-2004, 11:00 AM
:huh you awnsered your own question:confused:go smaller

UglyMotha™
02-06-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by mustang93
:huh you awnsered your own question:confused:go smaller

a main jet has nothing to do with starting your quad :huh so it would be pointless to change it, you'll still have the same issues a main jet is only active at wide open throttle however going to a 41 or 42 pilot jet will make your bike a less of a hassle to start cold :o

mustang93
02-06-2004, 02:45 PM
good point never took into consideration the change in season, the way I read the post it sounded like every thing was fine untill he recently put the jet kit in and now he is having problems.I also interpit that he runs the bike and that it wont start nextime and a rich main could do that, Example he gets it running than it wont start the next day. he said that the plug was fouled what does he mean (carbon fouled from the ride before) or (gas fouled from a bad or fat idle circut) the K&N kit that he is refering to tells you to go 3 or more turns out on the screw, I dont like the idea of that. so I would agree change the piolet and re check your work mabey you float is stuck or somthing but need more info.