PDA

View Full Version : Computer nerds I need your help again

chucked
02-06-2004, 10:01 AM
I just upgraded my computer from windows 98 to windows xp pro. everything works except for internet explorer and outlook express. Kazaa lite connects to the network/internet but internet explorer and outlook express dont. Any ideas?

02-06-2004, 10:19 AM
I need help with mine too....everytime i open up internet explorer or my computer or my documents it says I have performed a illegal operation & freezes up.....anyone know what i can do? I tried virus software & its not that

sickmojave
02-06-2004, 10:31 AM
I get alot of computer help here.

Techtv message board (http://cgi.techtv.com/messageboards?action=board_view&board_id=17)

chucked
02-06-2004, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
I need help with mine too....everytime i open up internet explorer or my computer or my documents it says I have performed a illegal operation & freezes up.....anyone know what i can do? I tried virus software & its not that
thats what windows 98 did, I can get any os for 10-15 bucks so i got windows xp and its freekin awesome eccept i cant get on the internet.

pbarr86
02-06-2004, 10:47 AM
how are you connecting to the web, dial-up, dsl, broadband?
you may need to set your internet options to automatically detect settings.

chucked
02-06-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by pbarr86
how are you connecting to the web, dial-up, dsl, broadband?
you may need to set your internet options to automatically detect settings.
comcast cable, i already did.

seatec
02-06-2004, 02:32 PM
visit www.google.com and type in part of the rror message and see if you get a hit. chances are somebidy had the same problem and someone else knoew the solution. its pretty diffuclt to trouble shoot a computer from afar with only "Kazaa lite connects to the network/internet but internet explorer and outlook express dont"

Do you get any kind of error messages? Did you check your event viewer?

Elduner
02-06-2004, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by seatec
visit www.google.com and type in part of the rror message and see if you get a hit. chances are somebidy had the same problem and someone else knoew the solution. its pretty diffuclt to trouble shoot a computer from afar with only "Kazaa lite connects to the network/internet but internet explorer and outlook express dont"

Do you get any kind of error messages? Did you check your event viewer?

True that... but make sure you go to groups and not the web.

seatec
02-06-2004, 02:50 PM
BTW, IN general you will get more help if you dont call people nerds. No, we dont consider the name a badge of honor. just FYI ;)

sickmojave
02-06-2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by seatec
BTW, IN general you will get more help if you dont call people nerds. No, we dont consider the name a badge of honor. just FYI ;)

So how do you feel about the term GEEK. :blah: J/K

DillonTMNT
02-06-2004, 03:03 PM
By calling me a computer n3rd I wont help you even though I know exactly what you need to do....sorry I take offence to that.

-Dillon

chucked
02-06-2004, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by DillonTMNT
By calling me a computer n3rd I wont help you even though I know exactly what you need to do....sorry I take offence to that.

-Dillon

there hows that, and i bet you dont know whats wrong.

chucked
02-06-2004, 05:30 PM
i just restarted the computer and it works fine now :huh