PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions to EXRIDERS admins on 450R

MIA450R
02-06-2004, 08:36 AM
EXRIDERS admins/mods-

Can you guys consider setting up either 1 or 2 new subject-specific forums for the 450R, or set some stickies on IMPORTANT threads within this current forum?

I would like to see new forums or stickies for topics such as:
- TRX450R break-in tips / questions
- TRX450R gotchas to look out for
- TRX450R HRC kit / mods / dynos / performance results

Example threads:
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89956
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90846
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=90424

Needless to say, I think you are on the right track not allowing anymore dumb, meaningless posts in this 'main' 450R forum, and the same should be upheld (even more so) with these new forums/stickies. Boot anyone who has nothing useful to add, or abuses the topic of the forum/stickie. Opinions should NOT be punished, but there has to be a firm line drawn on how far an uneducated opinion should be allowed to go.

My .02
thanks.

Sportrax10
02-06-2004, 08:50 AM
I dont see why these Q's cant just be asked in the regualar forums...?

MIA450R
02-06-2004, 08:55 AM
They can....but they get buried by all the silly posts...

Certain important threads need to be stuck at the top....just like Pappy telling everyone to knock the sheite off.

Hey, its just a suggestion to make it easier for 450R owners to locate previously discussed problems, so repetative threads don't need to be generated over and over.

Hawk III
02-06-2004, 11:45 AM
I also think you guys should make a cesspoll area of the message board. If people want to flame, let them do it there, if they flame any where else ban them. It seems to work fairly good on some other mb's I have been on. That gives the choice for people, that may or may not want to see/do flames. just a thought.

Guy400
02-06-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Hawk III
I also think you guys should make a cesspoll area of the message board. If people want to flame, let them do it there, if they flame any where else ban them. It seems to work fairly good on some other mb's I have been on. That gives the choice for people, that may or may not want to see/do flames. just a thought. We had a flame forum a couple years ago on this site. The problem was that people can't seperate the flame forum from the rest and the crap winds up spilling into the tech forums, the open forum, etc. After a while we just shut it down because it was too much work.

4FIDDYRHRC
02-07-2004, 01:39 AM
EXCELLENT IDEA!!!:D

MIA450R
02-13-2004, 06:48 PM
TTT

MIA450R
02-13-2004, 06:57 PM
EXRIDERS admins:

I PM'd Pappy on this thread, but received no reply, and I assume you did not see the post as no admins or moderators replied to it.

Quite simply, as people get their 450Rs, they are running into the same issues, problems and questions that the rest of us went thru when we got ours a few weeks back. If you make some of these threads stickies, then people can refer to them as they need. As we all know, almost no-one uses the search feature, so they start a thread, asking a redundant question, and eating up your server space.

Hey, its just a suggestion, its your board, but I think people would greatly benefit having a few stickies at the top that they can refer to, or add their own useful info to as we learn stuff about the new 'R.

Comments?

PS....I reported this thread to the moderators to try and get your attention. As I explained, redundant posts asking the same questions that have already been discussed is essentially spam, and takes up valuable server space....

QuadJunkies
02-13-2004, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by MIA450R
EXRIDERS admins:

I PM'd Pappy on this thread, but received no reply, and I assume you did not see the post as no admins or moderators replied to it.

Quite simply, as people get their 450Rs, they are running into the same issues, problems and questions that the rest of us went thru when we got ours a few weeks back. If you make some of these threads stickies, then people can refer to them as they need. As we all know, almost no-one uses the search feature, so they start a thread, asking a redundant question, and eating up your server space.

Hey, its just a suggestion, its your board, but I think people would greatly benefit having a few stickies at the top that they can refer to, or add their own useful info to as we learn stuff about the new 'R.

Comments?

PS....I reported this thread to the moderators to try and get your attention. As I explained, redundant posts asking the same questions that have already been discussed is essentially spam, and takes up valuable server space.... Thank you for the Suggestion and concerns ;) . Im sure you will here what Harlen has to say about it when he has a few moments to reply......:)

JOEX
02-13-2004, 11:18 PM
Harlen is the one and only Admin for exriders, it will be up to him to decide on new forum sections.

I understand your frustrations about the redundant questions but that is kind of the norm in every section. Unfortunately there will always be newbies who don't use the search option. Maybe we can have the standard tech questions put in the te regular tech sections of the site.

In the mean time, if you see a thread that is worthy of more attention just 'bump' it to the top.;)

Tina, when did you sneak that in there? I type slow...:p

Joe

QuadJunkies
02-13-2004, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
Harlen is the one and only Admin for exriders, it will be up to him to decide on new forum sections.

I understand your frustrations about the redundant questions but that is kind of the norm in every section. Unfortunately there will always be newbies who don't use the search option. Maybe we can have the standard tech questions put in the te regular tech sections of the site.

Tina, when did you sneak that in there? I type slow...:p

Joe I guess Im just a fast women....:D :macho

JOEX
02-13-2004, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
I guess Im just a fast women....:D :macho
Gotta a sister?:devil:

QuadJunkies
02-13-2004, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
Gotta a sister?:devil: LOL.. yup

but I wouldnt do that to you.........:eek: :o

K_Fulk
02-13-2004, 11:54 PM
Usually when there is a good thread with plenty of usefull info about a particular subject you can usually find it in the faq section. I understand some of the stuff is diffrent with with the 450r. But i'm sure it will only be a matter of time before we see some of the issues the R might have will be in there in there too. The hard part is getting people too look in there or do a search on the subject.

Pappy
02-14-2004, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by K_Fulk
The hard part is getting people too look in there or do a search on the subject.

exactly.

we have to let the newness of the trx450r die down a bit before we start getting into the meat of the tech stuff. we have added new quad specific areas to help offer some seperation for the new quads coming out and those that are out. its been 1 days since these additions were made and already its working to better organize the information.

as far as the flaming. well i know that none of the mods has time to delete every BS post thats made in any section, or even clean up a thread thats gone astray. we have been just booting repeat offenders in hopes they will get the message, and we arent being too careful on WHO they are. if the BS continues there will be more of it.

i hope the newly added sections continue to grow and help the site get even better for all our members no matter what quad they own.