PDA

View Full Version : ALBA Pipe

sickmojave
02-06-2004, 06:57 AM
Has anyone tried the Alba pipe for the 400EX? I am thinking about getting one but would like to know if they are any good.

PS Don't tell me to get a HMF I just don't want one.

02-06-2004, 07:00 AM
There louder than a mofo I do know that...:(

Why don't ya get a HMF pipe......:blah:

sickmojave
02-06-2004, 07:05 AM
well your just the guy I need to talk to :D

how do you like your Bill's pipe? and is this the one you have?http://www.cdracingonline.com/24ccd7a0.jpg

And Yes I did a search and all the threads said "ask Rico he has one" :D

02-06-2004, 02:19 PM
There's nothing really special about the bills pipe. I purchased one just for the fact that I have something nobody else has..:cool: Powergains were average and could probably be better with another pipe but I like to be different I guess.:D

hondarider2006
02-06-2004, 03:13 PM
IMO alba, dg and cobra all suck. If you are looking for noise, and power lose I would get one. But if you want some noise and power, go with HMF or Sparks, they will suite you much better;)

sickmojave
02-06-2004, 03:27 PM
I was going to go with HMF but I guess I'm like Rico. I don't want the same thing everybody else has. I don't want a really loud pipe but I do want to feel some gain in power. I can't race so it's not a big deal . I think I'm going to order the bill's pipe.

Doibugu2
02-06-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Rico
There's nothing really special about the bills pipe. I purchased one just for the fact that I have something nobody else has..:cool: Powergains were average and could probably be better with another pipe but I like to be different I guess.:D

Should have gotten an HMF and just powdercoated PINK!:D

http://www.ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/limp_wrist.gif

sickmojave
02-06-2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
Should have gotten an HMF and just powdercoated PINK!:D

Have you got any pictures of yours.:eek: :blah: :devil: j/k

nastynotchback1
02-06-2004, 05:44 PM
got a freind with a alba on a raptor.awsome power gain but man it is so loud you would think it dosent have a silencer on it.

JD400exrider
02-07-2004, 08:27 PM
If your looking for a very good pipe for quality and power gains that you don't see allot of Try the CHM System P-4R Slip On.
Carmichael Honda Motorsports makes them. The Guy that builds them has been building pipes and four stroke motors for years for. He also has a dyno machine that he tests all his stuff on. He knows his chit. They also have a silencer if needed to get under the 96 db rating without much power difference. You will be seeing more and more of them as time goes on. Dealers are starting to carry them. If you go to motorcyle races you will lickely see the big 18wheeler trailer CHM Exhausts. I am sure there are others out there that are just as good or better. But this rates pretty high on my list. The sparks and other engine builders pipes are to loud for where I ride here in CA I would say they look allot like the HMF pipe. I will try to get a pic, however never posted any pics on here.

There web site is www.chmexhausts.com

Good Luck

sickmojave
02-08-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by JD400exrider
If your looking for a very good pipe for quality and power gains that you don't see allot of Try the CHM System P-4R Slip On.
Carmichael Honda Motorsports makes them. The Guy that builds them has been building pipes and four stroke motors for years for. He also has a dyno machine that he tests all his stuff on. He knows his chit. They also have a silencer if needed to get under the 96 db rating without much power difference. You will be seeing more and more of them as time goes on. Dealers are starting to carry them. If you go to motorcyle races you will lickely see the big 18wheeler trailer CHM Exhausts. I am sure there are others out there that are just as good or better. But this rates pretty high on my list. The sparks and other engine builders pipes are to loud for where I ride here in CA I would say they look allot like the HMF pipe. I will try to get a pic, however never posted any pics on here.

There web site is www.chmexhausts.com

Good Luck

Thank you. do you know how much they want for that pipe? I may have to give them a call ;)

JD400exrider
02-08-2004, 08:04 PM
I believe there under 200.00 Give them a call for sure. It has been a while since I bought mine. They are a local place for me.

rhandw69
02-08-2004, 08:19 PM
The ALBA pipe and Trinity Racing pipe are all just about the same. They look pretty good though.