PDA

View Full Version : 450r

robman
02-06-2004, 12:38 AM
Trail quad with a race motor?The 450r chassy was built for a big bore(xr600)to compete with the raptor ,thats why its taller than the ex and the travels lower.Honda wasn't ready for the yfz so they comprimized with this,a trail quad with a kick start.For my money this ain't good enough,I refuse to buy another cash cow to be compeditive.Once yamaha upps there displacment for 05 and the new z450 comes out early fall i'll buy a new quad.Go ahead and waist your money on the honda by the fall it will be obselete.

JOEX
02-06-2004, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by robman
Trail quad with a race motor?The 450r chassy was built for a big bore(xr600)to compete with the raptor ,thats why its taller than the ex and the travels lower.Honda wasn't ready for the yfz so they comprimized with this,a trail quad with a kick start.For my money this ain't good enough,I refuse to buy another cash cow to be compeditive.Once yamaha upps there displacment for 05 and the new z450 comes out early fall i'll buy a new quad.Go ahead and waist your money on the honda by the fall it will be obselete.
Got any facts to back up the first part of your statement?

Joe

MOFO
02-06-2004, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by JOEX
Got any facts to back up the first part of your statement?

Joe

There are no facts.... just a troll looking to start a war....

JOEX
02-06-2004, 01:22 AM
Just giving him the benefit of the doubt :) But I doubt there is any benefit of this thread;)

Joe

robman
02-06-2004, 01:35 AM
I got 426 ex with all goodies and I love it.In the woods I'm untouchable so its hard for me to believe all that R&d work at honda came up with this.If I worked at honda this quad would be a TRX650ex with electric start and reverse.Sorry Honda the costumer comes first.A race quad should look,feel and handle like one.The year is 2004 not 1999, get with the times.See you in the fall if you can catch up.

2004TRX450R
02-06-2004, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by MOFO
There are no facts.... just a troll looking to start a war....

I'll second. Another that has no clue what he is talking about. This is undoubtadly going to start a flame war. I'm sure the mods will close it soon!

lukester720
02-06-2004, 02:42 AM
You rode one already? I didn't think canada had the 450r yet. All I can say is that my 450r is way better than my 416ex track or trails. My friend has the yfz450 and the biggest difference I could tell is that the honda feels more comfortable for longer riding. I'm starting to think you haven't ridden the 450R yet Rob. When you do tell us how it compares to your 426ex I think you will be plesantly surprised I was.

Admin
02-06-2004, 05:29 AM
I am tired of seeing the flaming, so this thread is now closed to prevent it from happening.