PDA

View Full Version : best friend signed a 5 yr scholarship deal to play for the MN Gophers

JUSTINcredible
02-05-2004, 10:22 PM
Signed it yesterday, 5 years of completly free college as long as he plays football, he used to race quads and i guess still does on occasion but quite for the most part because he is to big, 6'5 155 pounds, leads the state for most sacks. His name is Willie VanDeSteg and they are saying he could have a good carrer ahead of him if he keeps it up. He used to slack off alot at school but the past year or 2 things have completly changed for him, i think that can prove how high school sports really do help kids get better grades. any ways, just thought id share:)

Cole Trane
02-05-2004, 10:26 PM
That's kick ***** tell him to gain some weight though, about 50 lbs. Tell em I said good luck, like yall know me anyway. Good to hear still, take em out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

batgeek
02-05-2004, 10:28 PM
6'5" 155lbs???

man i hope he's playing basketball not football. i could snap him like a twig over my knee.

JUSTINcredible
02-05-2004, 10:31 PM
sorry i meant 255, my bad

he plays DE

.:01_eXrIdEr:.
02-05-2004, 10:34 PM
I have a friend who signed for Yale two days ago....or however Yale signs their students. Another guy i know signed full ride to kansas state. I have another friend that signed for bethany college in kansas. And another one of my friends signed for University of North Texas. One of my friends from 8-10 grade got a full ride to Texas A&M. It will be fun to watch the games next year and see if they get to play!

batgeek
02-05-2004, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by JUSTINcredible
sorry i meant 255, my bad

he plays DE

whew! :D i had flashbacks of Joe Theisman, cept it wouldn't be the leg breaking.

JUSTINcredible
02-05-2004, 10:45 PM
i got this of the gophers web site...

William VanDeSteeg, DE, 6-5, 245, Silver Lake, Minn. (Glencoe-Silver Lake HS)
An all-state performer and two-time all-conference selection...an all-area choice by the Associated Press...named All-Metro by KARE-11 and KSTP...selected to the Star Tribune All-Metro team on the defensive line...registered 75 tackles with 20 sacks and five forced fumbles his senior season...named team's Defensive Lineman of the Year in 2003. ...undecided on major... high school coach is Dave Dose...son of Cherie Ruzicka...born 9/22/85.

02-06-2004, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by JUSTINcredible
i got this of the gophers web site...

William VanDeSteeg, DE, 6-5, 245, Silver Lake, Minn. (Glencoe-Silver Lake HS)
An all-state performer and two-time all-conference selection...an all-area choice by the Associated Press...named All-Metro by KARE-11 and KSTP...selected to the Star Tribune All-Metro team on the defensive line...registered 75 tackles with 20 sacks and five forced fumbles his senior season...named team's Defensive Lineman of the Year in 2003. ...undecided on major... high school coach is Dave Dose...son of Cherie Ruzicka...born 9/22/85.

we had a guy this year that had more tackles and sacks then that, completely insane to play football, only thing he was good at, people came just to see him demolish everyone on the field, he even had scouts from good colleges looking for him, and when they called the coach told them he was into bad drugs and screwed off in school. He was benchin 350 at his best and was just like unstoppable, then, he got into crack and other "mind altering substances" and now he is in rehad about 2 hours away.. what a waste..