PDA

View Full Version : magura clutch help

stupid driver
02-05-2004, 08:32 PM
Hey,

I got a magura clutch for X-mas and it came w/ the steel braided kit. I managed to get it all hooked up and bled, but now i am havin trouble findin neutral, and gettin the wheels to stop spinnin when i pull in the clutch. How much pull should the little slave cylinder have. That little wire on the slave cylinder is pulling in about half an inch. I had to order a new adjustment bolt, because i overtightend my last one, so is that the problem. Do i just have the adjust the slave cylinder bolt, or did i not bleed the whole clutch right? Thanks

K_Fulk
02-05-2004, 08:45 PM
I think it should have something to do with your adjustment bolt. I tried to get mine tighter so it wouldnt spin as easy and the clutch slipped pretty bad till i moved it back.

But the hydraulic clutch shouldnt have any thing to do with finding nuetral.

Bean
02-05-2004, 10:16 PM
it is either the ajustment is out of wack, or the seal on the slave is leaking slightly, letting a bubble of air in, mine did this, and it would work fine and then it seemed like it would unajust itself, so i bought a new one and it works fine now

cheetah
02-06-2004, 05:44 PM
I remember mine was pretty finicky. It took an hour or so of riding and stopping to find the right point to adjust the bolt. Just keep trying and when you get close start barely turning that bolt. Once you find it though it stays.