PDA

View Full Version : Life changing news...

ShiftFMX
02-05-2004, 02:02 PM
Well, Today my mom informed me that she has breast cancer. I dont even know what to say right now :( . If you could make time, please give her your prayers. Thank you.

MOFO
02-05-2004, 02:05 PM
wow...I am extremely sorry to hear this. We will keep her in our prayers. :(

How far along is it? Did they catch it early? I have some family members that have had it caught kinda early and made it... today's doctors are amazing as to what they can do.

Pappy
02-05-2004, 02:07 PM
yep, its no longer a death sentence. i will pray for your mom...and you will need to be strong for her

Teufel
02-05-2004, 02:11 PM
GOD SPEED

sickmojave
02-05-2004, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
wow...I am extremely sorry to hear this. We will keep her in our prayers. :(

ME TOO :(

lil400exman
02-05-2004, 02:25 PM
dude i am so sorr about that!!! get on msn man:(

ShiftFMX
02-05-2004, 03:09 PM
Thanks Guys, I'm doing all I Can for her. She's a great woman a deserves the best. As far as i know, it was caught pretty early, i dont know tho, i can just hope for the best :(

AtvMxRider
02-05-2004, 03:11 PM
Man I'm very sorry to hear that. I hope she pulls threw ok.

killed300ex
02-05-2004, 03:11 PM
i feel bad definitly will keep her in my prayers best of luck to her and hopefully to a speedy recovery
killed

SGA
02-05-2004, 03:21 PM
Sorry to hear that man. Be there for her, she needs you.

cody anderson
02-05-2004, 03:26 PM
I'm thinking of your guys bro!!!

zephead400ex
02-05-2004, 03:27 PM
A year and a half ago my mom was diagonosed w/ breast cancer. This was a life changing event for our whole family. All you can do is support her in everyway possible. I imagine kemo will be started relatively soon. I would suggest a masectomy of both breast just to rid the chance of cancer developing in the other breast. There is nothing you can say that will make her or anyone else feel better, all you can is be supportive. When she is under kemo she will be sick for weeks on end. Do all you can to help her and the family get through the difficult time.

My mom is now in remission and is doing fine. Breast cancer research has advanced so much in the recent years that if detected early enough it can be overcome.

My prayers are with you and your family. Stay strong.

redrider69
02-05-2004, 03:30 PM
sorry to hear that my prayers are with u . my bestfriends mom had it and she is back to normal after about 5months she didnt even have to have kimo so shell be alright

nacs400ex
02-05-2004, 03:36 PM
Sorry to hear that Killa250ex, I hope she pulls through. When theres a will theres a way!

Guy400
02-05-2004, 03:45 PM
I am very sorry to hear this. My prayers are with your family and your mother.

ny300exrider
02-05-2004, 03:48 PM
a year ago my dad had a cancerous brain tumor. it was defintly a scary thing and very life changing. he got it remvoed and got kemo and radiation. its been a year now and all signs of cancer are gone. he only has a little bit of dizzyness which is common because the surgery messes with your head. my prayers are with you, she will be fine just stay supportive to her.the kemo will make her feel crappy but its what you have to do

brian-250
02-05-2004, 03:50 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by MOFO
[B]wow...I am extremely sorry to hear this. We will keep her in our prayers. :(

same:(

dirtmomma
02-05-2004, 04:34 PM
:( Very sorry to hear this my prayers are w/ her & your family. Just be there for her!!

exrider360
02-05-2004, 04:39 PM
My prayers go to your family

Quad18star
02-05-2004, 05:06 PM
Hey man Im really sorry to hear about this , and my prayers and those of my family are with your family .

As people have said ... the treatment for breast cancer has advance a LOT in the last 10 years . In my hometown , we have one of the largest and best Cancer Research Facilities in North America . My mom's step brother is the head in charge at the facility and just before christmas they found a break through in what forms cancer cells and a new way to possibly cure breast cancer . It took them well over 15 years to find this . It has been patented in Canada and in the United States . Instead of women having to go for Kemo , they ahve found a way to inject the human body with a dye , and then they use an infared light . The dye ( some sort of medication) finds it way all throughout the body , and when they put the light on the suspected area , there is a reaction in the medication that helps kill the cancer cells . So basically , the person has NO scaring or No signs of neusea. It's amazing how advanced technology and medicine has advanced .

Hope everything goes well with her , and hope your family manages alright .

250EXstud
02-05-2004, 05:28 PM
Man she will be in my prayers. I could not even think about loosing my mom I hope evrything will work out. And keep us informed.

Willfulone
02-05-2004, 05:48 PM
I've been there with my Mom...She has been clean for 5 years now.

Our prayers are with you and your family. Keep a positive attitude. They do great things these days.

God Speed

Willfulone

Toadz400
02-05-2004, 06:59 PM
Sorry to hear that, my prayers are with you and your family.

slosh13
02-05-2004, 07:25 PM
Im sorry to hear that..... I wish you and your family my blessings.

sparky450AR
02-05-2004, 07:29 PM
I will be praying to god for her.

northeast400
02-05-2004, 07:51 PM
Sorry to hear it. She will beat it.

I had a severe heart attack at 26 years old, I was diagnosed with heart issues. I was told to stop doing everything!! It has been a year now and I am doing great. Everything in life is back to normal(what ever that was). Tell her keep fighting. As long as there is a will there is a way. :macho

Runnin Dumb
02-06-2004, 04:11 AM
My the spirit of the Lord be with her. My prayers are with her.

xr50layke
02-06-2004, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by Teufel
GOD SPEED

:(

JTRtrx250r
02-06-2004, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Guy400
I am very sorry to hear this. My prayers are with your family and your mother. Keep giving her hugs and tell her how much you love her,and stay positive!!! we wish her the best of luck man:(

rollie
02-06-2004, 06:00 PM
sorry man im sure everything will turn out fine

if u want someone to talk to... shiftmx300

ryanh250ex
02-06-2004, 06:57 PM
wow......it always is a TERRIBLE thing to hear about anyone getting cancer....especially when it's someone as close as your own mother.

my grandmother had cancer 3 separate times, lung and breast cancer....the first 2 times were both breast cancer.i was too young at the time to remember what that was like for her, but i was around 12 yrs old when she had lung cancer....it was SO painful for me to see her not be able to remember what she was saying because of the chemotherapy messing with her head, or not be able to move around.....i'm not too emotional of a person, and i never have been, but to see that tore me apart.i sincerely hope that your mother does NOT suffer the same fate.

anyways....i'll have your mom in my prayers....if you need someone to talk to about it, dont hesitate for a second to IM me on AIM , my sn is rh027.

JUSTINcredible
02-06-2004, 07:08 PM
5 years ago this same exact day my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer, she underwent chemo and radiation, lost her hair, was very sick for a while, now she couldent be better.

it was through out a year where the worst parts happend, im not sure if it was the chemo or the radiation that did this but i she lost alot of whit blood cells and had very little energy. Over the same year our house nearly burnt to the ground, and my mom was in a bad car accident all within that year. but now things are going great and my mom hasnt had any come backs of it and is checked every 6 months.

breast cancer is one of the easiest forms of cancer to treat and i wish your familey the best of luck through this tough time!

Blasta400ex
02-06-2004, 08:55 PM
best of luck shes in my prayers

emj426
02-06-2004, 09:19 PM
Prayers from West Virginia. I know what she is feeling right now so the best thing you can do is to be there for her.

Best Wishes
Erika

QuadJunkies
02-06-2004, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by zephead400ex
A year and a half ago my mom was diagonosed w/ breast cancer. This was a life changing event for our whole family. All you can do is support her in everyway possible. I imagine kemo will be started relatively soon. I would suggest a masectomy of both breast just to rid the chance of cancer developing in the other breast. There is nothing you can say that will make her or anyone else feel better, all you can is be supportive. When she is under kemo she will be sick for weeks on end. Do all you can to help her and the family get through the difficult time.

My mom is now in remission and is doing fine. Breast cancer research has advanced so much in the recent years that if detected early enough it can be overcome.

My prayers are with you and your family. Stay strong. pertty much summed it up.. Technology has come along ways if she seeks treatment in plenty of time, her odds are VERY VERY good! Hang in there Hun... And be there for her as much as you can... I wish her the best.......;)

hondafreestyler
02-07-2004, 11:47 AM
You have my prayers bro ... I hope you and your family the best ...

Stay as stong and as supportive as you can ... Im sorry man ...

-Mike

ShiftFMX
02-07-2004, 04:30 PM
Thanks for the support guys. She going in on wednesday to set a date for surgery. They're hope that they can get all the cancer out with a procedure called a 'Lumpectomy'(sp?).

I sure hope that they can get it all out before it spreads anymore:(