PDA

View Full Version : Brand Sales figures

trx11t
02-05-2004, 10:53 AM
Since the last thread was closed I thought I would set some things straight.
Someone claimed that Honda outsells everything else and nobody can compete. Just to be clear let's just talk about ATV's here not cars, lawnmowers, and anything else we can pile on here.
In a way they are correct. Honda sells more total ATV's than anyone else. But that is a little decieving.
They do not sell the most Sport ATV's That belongs to Yamaha.
They do not sell the most 4x4 ATV's that belongs to Polaris.
They do sell more 2 wd utility ATV's than any other brand and they do sell more lower end utiltity ATV's like someone said the Rancher.
The original post though was in regards to Sport ATV's. Someone thought they outsold everyone else and that is not true.
Some one also wanted to bring up reliability and how many 250R's are out there for the late 80's which I agree completely but I gurantee you there are just as many Banshee out there if not more.
I'm not taking anything away from Honda they are great products but to say they are better than another brand in todays world is not accurate any way you look at it. You can have your opinion that they are better but to try to base it on facts such as sales numbers you need to make sure you now your facts first.

mntly_imptnt
02-05-2004, 11:07 AM
here is a thought on reliability. the next time you pick up a penny pincher, trader, or what have you, check to see how many other brands you see from the 70's or 80's in there that a still running. just a thought from me.

p.s. i am jonesing for 450(x)r lol

Honda
02-05-2004, 11:14 AM
Dang MAaang! You are Schoolin us.

Yamaha sells more sport ATV's because they Produce more Sport ATV models. Those Models also happen to have larger displacement engines which appeals to the power hungry riders out there.

Now, The Banshee and the Warrior? Sold tons of them, But how long have those dinasours been around?

And, just how long has it been since Yamaha updated either one of those machines?

I would agree that Yamaha sells more ATV's. They sell more because they produce models that appeal to each market segment within a very large Consumer base. Meaning, they produce a model that is targeted at each type of potential buyer.

Will they sell more YFZ's However? that is the real question.

:huh

exrider44
02-05-2004, 11:58 AM
I have an 88 four wheel drive that ive flipped, hit trees you name it. I use it to plow my driveway since I bought it. It still starts right up to this day. Honda's are reliable Id rather own one anyday over a yamaha. Just my preference.

trx11t
02-05-2004, 11:58 AM
:)
I agree 100%. Nobody knows who will sell more.
Some people just blurt out unfound comments that have no merit behind them. I just thought people should know the truth.

"And, just how long has it been since Yamaha updated either one of those machines?"

Actually I just saw on one of the other sites. Yamaha is going to update the Warrior in 05 and call it a Raptor 350. It's about time.

Pappy
02-05-2004, 12:21 PM
i'd give a chit IF i was making money on the sales of either brand...but i dont. so who cares:p

Honda
02-05-2004, 12:28 PM
Actually I just saw on one of the other sites. Yamaha is going to update the Warrior in 05 and call it a Raptor 350. It's about time.

LOL! Yes, Yes it is about time.

I had a warrior years ago. Not a bad machine, but definatly not as durable as my Honda machines have been. Reliability was there, just seemed to get broken easier.

dabkrk45
02-05-2004, 12:34 PM
who really cares who sells how many and what kind JUST RIDE!!!!

trx11t
02-05-2004, 02:30 PM
Here is where I saw it.
http://www.bluetraxx.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=39795

02-05-2004, 02:32 PM
raptor 350...holy ****....hope it doesnt suck as much as the 660, im sure it will though...i believe the YFZ will outsell the trx450r by far too.

ATC83
02-05-2004, 02:43 PM
I don't know how many TRX450s that Honda is projecting thay they will sell but I read in Dirt Wheels about three issues back that Yamaha will sell over 15000 04 YFZ450's. This might seem hard to believe but according to Dirt Wheels the Yamaha Warrior is the all time best selling ATV ever produced. I've riden one of these machines I and think they are a piece of crap. They have the worst ergonomics I have ever seen.

MIA450R
02-05-2004, 03:11 PM
If memory serves...

The Warrior is the best selling sport ATV ever sold.
The Honda 300 4x4 is the best selling ATV ever sold.
And yes, Honda has sold the most ATVs of all the manufacturers.

brif
02-05-2004, 04:01 PM
I think the honda 300(4x2 and 4x4) are the best selling atv of all time.

jb500ex
02-05-2004, 04:04 PM
evryone the reason the warrior is the best selling is has been out the longest by far. its like saying the 400ex out sold the yfz. it has but not this year

Guy400
02-05-2004, 04:06 PM
The Chevy 350 is the highest selling engine ever.

jarsong
02-05-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
The Chevy 350 is the highest selling engine ever.

I doubt it. I bet more Ford 302's were sold than any other. Before the 350 was an Item they were selling 302's and when the 350 was a specialty item in IROC's and such the 302's were standard issue on 5.0L Mustangs... Would like to see the numbers though.
jarsong

Pappy
02-05-2004, 05:41 PM
oh boy...you just made guy400's nite:p

Matt102
02-05-2004, 05:42 PM
Who cares what manufacturer is selling the most quads. The thing that matters is that there are a lot of quads being sold. The sport is just getting really popular again and you guys are still arguing about it. Just ride and have fun. Thats what its all about, isn't it?

r450rr
02-05-2004, 05:58 PM
all i was saying earlier is that.. THIS IS THE FACTS...

honda fourtraxx 300(2x4, and 4x4) are the most selling atv's ever.. i am talking about sport and utility divided i am talking about in totall sales of one atv.. and it sold more than any other...

and what i said was that the rancher Right Now is on pace to sale more than the 300...I am not talking about splittin into two categories.. im talking about period.. (ALLL TOGETHER)) ..

AND AS OF RIGHT NOW THE RANCHER IS THE MOST SALING ATV...
not sayng what brand sales more. cause i dont know but one specific fourwheeler.. the Rancher right now,,, and the 300 slowtrax.. all time... AGAIN I STRESS ONE CERTAIN MODELK NOT BRANDS OR DIFFERENT TYPES>>so no flaming please

jarsong
02-05-2004, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
oh boy...you just made guy400's nite:p

:D :D :D

r450rr
02-05-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by r450rr
all i was saying earlier is that.. THIS IS THE FACTS...

honda fourtraxx 300(2x4, and 4x4) are the most selling atv's ever.. i am talking about sport and utility divided i am talking about in totall sales of one atv.. and it sold more than any other...

and what i said was that the rancher Right Now is on pace to sale more than the 300...I am not talking about splittin into two categories.. im talking about period.. (ALLL TOGETHER)) ..

AND AS OF RIGHT NOW THE RANCHER IS THE MOST SALING ATV...
not sayng what brand sales more. cause i dont know but one specific fourwheeler.. the Rancher right now,,, and the 300 slowtrax.. all time... AGAIN I STRESS ONE CERTAIN MODELK NOT BRANDS OR DIFFERENT TYPES>>so no flaming please

now that i read my post i sound pissed off and stupid.. sorry if i did.. i am just saying the rancher sales more per year right now.. sorry guys .:(

Guy400
02-05-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by jarsong
I doubt it. I bet more Ford 302's were sold than any other. Before the 350 was an Item they were selling 302's and when the 350 was a specialty item in IROC's and such the 302's were standard issue on 5.0L Mustangs... Would like to see the numbers though.
jarsong I think you got your facts wrong. The Chevy 350 was sold for the first time in 1967 as an option in the Camaro (replacing the 327). Ford released the 302 in 1968 as a replacement for the 289. I had an automotive anthology (that got lost when my last PC crashed) that listed all sorts of milestones made by different car manufacturers. The Chevy 350 was the highest selling engine to date with I forget how many million units produced. These engines were produced for Chevy cars and trucks but were also made for European sports cars, foreign farm equipment, delivery trucks, etc. Ford's F-150 was the highest selling truck of all time and a Toyota car was the highest selling car of all time.

jb500ex
02-05-2004, 06:36 PM
camry