PDA

View Full Version : AC pro peg nerfs

bigz-71
02-04-2004, 11:55 PM
i was looking at some nerfs tonight and ran into these. i looked the pic with them installed on the bike. let me know what you think.

ac propeg nerfs (http://acracing.com/site/itemdetails.cfm?ID=973&Catalog=49&sort=Price)

i think the pic is of a 400ex propeg nerfs. i think its funny, they cant even post a pic of the right four wheeler

2004TRX450R
02-05-2004, 12:12 AM
Well I was going to get those ones but now that I see they have the heel guards I think I'll get the standard nerfs.

norrisboat
02-05-2004, 12:44 AM
I have the standard ac pegs on my 450r. I wont ever buy another pair of pro-pegs. They are nice but over time you will have a lot of problems with them.

- the foot pegs start to bend.
- the teeth wear out because they are aluminum/ stock ones are steel so they will never wear down.

- being that the foot peg is part of the nerf bars, you are putting much more weight on the entire setup. Therfore causing more stress and more likely for parts of the pro-peg setup to fail.

simoniz
02-05-2004, 04:42 AM
I won't ever buy any AC nerf's either. I haven't had my current one but 6 months. Both brakets are bent badly. I can't get a hold of anyone at AC to get new brakets. The welds are breaking constantly. Very dissatisfied.

exrider44
02-05-2004, 12:18 PM
Norrisboat so you recommend the standard nerfs then? I was gonna get pro pegs but now Im not sure cause of what you said.

Honda
02-05-2004, 12:40 PM
What about the X-Factor nerfs? Are they strong? This was one of my major concerns about the built in pegs.

bigz-71
02-05-2004, 02:40 PM
since propegs are no good what kind would yall recommend? would you just get regular nerfs and some roll design pegs?

TRX450ROwner
02-05-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by bigz-71
since propegs are no good what kind would yall recommend? would you just get regular nerfs and some roll design pegs?

I am running the AC standard nerfs with Roll Designs pegs.
The only thing I not a big fan of is the front mounting. I thnk in time the tabs may break or bend. If you would like pics let me know. But on a good note I have raced it four times now and still havent bent them.
:D

Matt102
02-05-2004, 05:55 PM
Mine AC standards held up great on my last quad and I nailed a few big trees on the side. They just got bent when some guy landed on it though and even after that they weren't really that bad. I used them the rest of the season no problem. I dont like how the DG ones mount because everytime I see them on a quad there always loose. My cousin has some on his mojave and when he was going to hit a freestyle ramp, the peg and nerf fell off in the air(didnt get hurt though). It was because the bolt barely had any threads through the hole. I like the AC standards.

granticimo
02-05-2004, 07:07 PM
i am running AC standard nerfs with the roll design foot pegs. i really like it. I like them better than regular pro pegs for the fact that the foot pegs are beefy and they will stay sharper alot longer than the aluminum pro pegs. Its whatever you like and how much cash you want to spend. If money is not a problem, than get the roll design pegs and some standard nerfs, they rock.

exrider44
02-05-2004, 07:43 PM
thanks for all of your input I need to make a decision now.:D

honda97
02-05-2004, 07:47 PM
What About the Pro Armor nerf Bars? Check them out at www.ProArmor.com. Has anyone had any Experience with pro Armor? Here's what the guy told me at pro Armor.

We will have them 1st week of March. The 400 ex does fit but, we want to modify the heel kick plate to match the fender.
Ray Martinez
Pro Armor

kamikaze_rzrbak
02-05-2004, 08:15 PM
what do you think are the best nerf bars

Foxrage
02-05-2004, 08:56 PM
TRX450ROwener

Lets see some pics....

holeshot19
02-05-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by honda97
What About the Pro Armor nerf Bars? Check them out at www.ProArmor.com. Has anyone had any Experience with pro Armor? Here's what the guy told me at pro Armor.

We will have them 1st week of March. The 400 ex does fit but, we want to modify the heel kick plate to match the fender.
Ray Martinez
Pro Armor ive scene them pro armor break the pegs off where they mount to the frame! i like roll pegs and extreme enginering nerf bars way stronger than ac and cheep, white bros sells them and do a search and see who else:grr:

lukester720
02-06-2004, 01:28 AM
I have the ac standard nerfs and the stadium bumper on mine. They look great on there I would post a pic if I could.