PDA

View Full Version : carb worth it or not????

honduh440
02-04-2004, 10:34 PM
on my bike i have the 440 kit with hotcam stage 2 and a nice port and polish job when it comes to the mx track and trails i have plenty of power but when im at the dunes a lil more power would be nice ive been lookin at the keihin fcr 39mm but it cost around 500 bux it wouldnt hurt me to buy it but do u guys that have owned one think its gonna make a big enough difference in the power for the money

airheadedduner
02-04-2004, 11:08 PM
It's nice. I have one on mine and I would definatly recomend it with the mods you have. I don't know about anyone else but mine does not have a choke which kinda sucks. If you are short on cash though maybe look into getting your stock carb bored out.

JD400exrider
02-05-2004, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by airheadedduner
It's nice. I have one on mine and I would definatly recomend it with the mods you have. I don't know about anyone else but mine does not have a choke which kinda sucks. If you are short on cash though maybe look into getting your stock carb bored out.

Just what he says

I found C&D has a good price on them. Colby also puts the adjustable fuel screw in there to get it dialed in with out taking the carb off. As far as stock carb mod. Sparks or rocky ridge should be able to help ya.

QuadJunkies
02-05-2004, 12:29 AM
this will be my next item on my 400ex, maybe edlebrock........Maybe the stock one off the Predator once we get it all figured out........:devil: Hey~~~~ Anyone know if theyt make a Vortex CDI for the 400ex?????

QuadMatt
02-05-2004, 01:53 AM
Get the FCR that has the linkage covered. There is a thread on here from C&D quoting the FCR w/ cover for $540. It also has a choke. But, she says she doesnt know if it will go onto a 400EX. Its called the FCR MX. You want this cuz the regular FCR linkage gets messed up. I have the regular FCR. I want the other one, but $$$$$. You should find out if the FCR MX can be used on the 400EX and report back....:macho

H_W
02-05-2004, 03:47 PM
I love mine. I would definately recommend it with your mods. I noticed a big difference in power and throttle response.

airheadedduner
02-05-2004, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by QuadMatt
You want this cuz the regular FCR linkage gets messed up. I have the regular FCR
I have never heard that before. I have one w/o the cover. How does the linkage get messed up:confused:

QuadMatt
02-06-2004, 10:50 AM
Specifically, the accelerator pump linkage gets dirt down the plunger shaft which starts making the accelerator pump not
work. I have to clean mine occasionally which menas taking the acc pump apart. Plus, the linkage gets worn much faster cuz it cant be greased. The no cover design stems from the superbike carb design which was never meant to get dirty, i think.

honduh440
02-14-2004, 01:27 PM
u guys that have the carb on ur bike now did u have to moddify your air box or did it all just fit right in? thanks for all the help

H_W
02-14-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by honduh440
u guys that have the carb on ur bike now did u have to moddify your air box or did it all just fit right in? thanks for all the help

I did not have to modify my air box, but the gas tank is sitting right on top of the carb. You will probably want to put some type of spacer under the gas tank to make it clear the carb.