PDA

View Full Version : yoshimura sound anything like supertrapp?

02-26-2002, 04:03 PM
Hey,
I rode with a warrior the other day that had a supertrapp pipe. I personally didnt think it sounded that good. It sounded alright while reving but whenever he would let off the gas i didnt think it sounded good. I am about to order a yoshimura slip on for my 400 and i was just wondering if a yoshimura sounded anything like a supertrapp. This pipe was way to loud and didnt sound good either. Just wondering how a yoshimura compares to a suppertrapp.
Thanks
Jonathan

Tommy 17
02-26-2002, 06:31 PM
i have heard a warrior with a fmf mega max slip on and my friend has a yoshi on his 400ex and they sound nothing alike... the yoshi pipe is the best pipe in my eyes i will be gettin that or i will get a hetricks bc they are awesome for the price and i like there service...

02-26-2002, 07:25 PM
They don't sound anything alike. I personally don't care for the sound of the supertrapp either and I like the sound of the canister silencer types-- Yoshi, pro circuit, big gun, et al, much more than the megaphone types. Just personal preference. :o

ChadEXer
02-27-2002, 08:44 AM
My Yoshi sounds sweet! I have a full system and I just might sell it. My motor is on the way to Trinity for the 465 Stroker and I was thinkin about having them put the Trinity pipe on it too. Let me knoe if you might want it.

RideRed04
02-27-2002, 10:34 AM
How much for it?

02-27-2002, 04:14 PM
Thanks for the information everybody, I think im gona get the yoshimura, the only other pipe im sonsidering is the white bros e-series or r seires but heard the r is very loud and the e doesnt sound as good as yoshi. Does anyone knoew the db's of these pipes? Chadexer.... email me at bigjonwilk@aol.com and tell me about the pipe please,
Thanks for all the replies
Jon

ChadEXer
02-28-2002, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by shammy
Thanks for the information everybody, I think im gona get the yoshimura, the only other pipe im sonsidering is the white bros e-series or r seires but heard the r is very loud and the e doesnt sound as good as yoshi. Does anyone knoew the db's of these pipes? Chadexer.... email me at bigjonwilk@aol.com and tell me about the pipe please,
Thanks for all the replies
Jon
Well I hate to say this but I havent really decided if I want to sell it or not yet. Im really fond of it but I still might. Its according where I get my engine work done and what they say. I will let you know, In my opinion the WB E series DEFINATELY doesnt sound as good as the Yoshi but honestly the E series would have been my next pick. Of all the engine builders Ive talked to other than there pipes i hear Yoshi and WB the most. They are both very good pipes. The Yoshi sounds better to me and I dont really care to mess with discs so thats what made up my mind!! I will let you know when I have decided if I will sale it or not
Thanks

RideRed400EX
02-28-2002, 09:43 AM
Get the FMF Titanium it looks better than the Yoshi and sounds sweet.

ChadEXer
02-28-2002, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by RideRed400EX
Get the FMF Titanium it looks better than the Yoshi and sounds sweet.
Well first of all its quite a bit more expensive. Second, Im not saying its not good cause im sure it is, but for some reason how come we havent really heard anything about it? Like the engine builders say, A pipe on a 400EX only makes a small difference on a stock or slighty modded bike. Why all the heartache. Just get the pipe you like most!!

Tc
03-04-2002, 07:49 AM
I have a supertrapp ids2 on my 400. Personally I love this becuase you can adjust the sound level. When I have to ride in a area that I need to be quite I'll put in 2 discs. Its almost as quite as stock. But when sound is not a factor I go with 13 disc and 3 one inch spacers (increases air flow out dramatically). With the metal spacers in also changes tthe sound to a smoother growl, then the potato, potato sound it makes without the spacers.

One of my riding buddies has a Yoshi, IMO its the best sounding pipe.

Later
Tc

Pepto_Bismol
03-04-2002, 12:33 PM
I have the Yoshi and I love the way it sounds. It has a great sharp "brap" when you thumb the throttle. It's a tad more crisp sounding than the white brothers e-series. I believe the noise level is about 98dB. It's not obnoxious, but at the same time you can let poeple know your coming (like over a hill) and that's what I like. I finally ran into someone who had the Cobra slip on, and that pipe was real loud, irritating, and looked funny. At first, I thought it was a modified stock pipe.
As for performance, of course it really helps with torque top to bottom, and in a race, the sound helps you discern your gearing for shifting purposes, since your not drowned out by other bikes. Good luck! Later
Pepto:cool:

ChadEXer
03-04-2002, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Pepto_Bismol
I have the Yoshi and I love the way it sounds. It has a great sharp "brap" when you thumb the throttle. It's a tad more crisp sounding than the white brothers e-series. I believe the noise level is about 98dB. It's not obnoxious, but at the same time you can let poeple know your coming (like over a hill) and that's what I like. I finally ran into someone who had the Cobra slip on, and that pipe was real loud, irritating, and looked funny. At first, I thought it was a modified stock pipe.
As for performance, of course it really helps with torque top to bottom, and in a race, the sound helps you discern your gearing for shifting purposes, since your not drowned out by other bikes. Good luck! Later
Pepto:cool:
98db???? Yoshimura told me 103db when I called them before I bought mine. I remember because I had Big Gun on it and Big Gun says theirs are 102db and Yoshi said theirs are 103db. Maybe you have a different model than I do?

Dave400ex
03-04-2002, 02:48 PM
I think the Engine Builders Pipes sound the Best. I`m not saying the others don`t, but the Sparks, CT, LRD, Duncan, TC, and others all Sound Good. I love the Way my TC Sounds.

Quadfather
03-04-2002, 03:23 PM
My Sparks pipe is on the loud side. That's why I've been trying to sell it.

Does anyone know if a Yoshi slip on will fit on a Sparks header pipe?

Pepto_Bismol
03-05-2002, 10:21 AM
quote by ChadEXer
"98db???? Yoshimura told me 103db when I called them before I bought mine. I remember because I had Big Gun on it and Big Gun says theirs are 102db and Yoshi said theirs are 103db. Maybe you have a different model than I do?"

I only have the Yoshi Comp slip on, and it was about 98 to 100dB. There will always be a small variance from bike to bike, and of course engine mods will make a slight difference. If I recall, you have the full system, you might have a bit more breathing with your exhaust, hence you might hear an extra 2 or 3 dB. That's the only thing I can think of. But between 2 or 3 dB when your already at about 100dB is not gonna be real noticeable. However, if it was 5 to 10dB, then you can start to tell the difference. dB stands for Decibel, and is a logarithmic function that makes it easier to talk about a very large scales by reducing the ratios. For example, instead of saying I have a sound level from 0 to 1 million being the loudest, I might say I have 0db to 1000db, and it makes it easier to express. I'm not saying you all don't know what dB represents, but for those of you who don't, hope this helps.(and no, 1 million is not quite 1000dB, it's just an example) But hey, the pipe is great for me. I definately recommend Yoshi!
Pepto :cool: