PDA

View Full Version : how hard is it to put aftermarket handlebars on a 300ex

redrider09
02-04-2004, 06:45 PM
hey

i want to buy new handlbars for my 300ex but i dont know how hard it is put them on can u guys please help thanks

JDiablo
02-04-2004, 07:10 PM
if you dont want the light take off all that bullcrap with the wack plastic and the light,for the light once you get the plastic off it would be a little more easier to access the light,all you have to do it take the bolts out for the light and pull the two wires out,just follow the two wire from the light and you will know what i am talking about,unhook them.Now once you have all of that done just take the levers,clutch,ect off the handlebars and leave them until you put the new handlebars on,to get the grips off spray some hairspray on a screwdriver to get under the grips and keep on doing that until you will be able to get the grips directly off...very easy,to put them back on just spray some hairspray inside the grip and slide it onto the handlebars,very very very easy to do,for the netrul(sp) and reverse lights i took them off completely and i put my key switch onto the frame with a couple of zip ties,and it works find,hope this helps you somewhat