PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Feedback

ridefastrgetoff
02-04-2004, 07:50 AM
I know there's a bunch of you out there using Amsoil Synthetics in either your two or four-stroke bike(s). I'd like to hear from you. Some of you communicate with me often but havn't heard from others in a while. It's funny, I'm still meeting folks who have never heard of these oils much less used them. I also want to know if you have concerns. Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks.

BuB400
02-09-2004, 11:03 AM
I was told to stay away from synthetics. Needle bearings especially will slide instead of roll causing flat spots on the bearings.

monkeyboy
02-09-2004, 12:28 PM
my mommma sold da amway

goode stuff :cool:

cheetah
02-09-2004, 01:58 PM
Synthetic is fine and a lot of people are running it now. I run mobil 1 red cap, but amsoil is probably a little better.

ridefastrgetoff
02-09-2004, 07:56 PM
Harley Davidson used to tell their customers the same thing; however, they now have their own synthetic oil. Interesting huh. There was a time this may have been a problem, primarily with synthetics w/ friction modifiers, but that's been over 15 years ago.

beyer05
02-11-2004, 02:30 PM
I use amsoil in my CRF450 and have had good luck with it. I would just recomend using a petroleum oil for the first tank of gas in break-in and then switch over.

ridefastrgetoff
02-12-2004, 08:18 AM
Would like to hear from you on how the Rider Support has affected you and if it's been of any value to you ? Talk about tax advantages you now have that maybe you didn't have before. There are several riders on here that would like to hear it from those of you already experiencing it first-hand. Thanks.

beyer05
02-12-2004, 10:51 AM
It helped me on my taxes as most of my expenses were write-offs for advertising as a dealer. I was even able to write off my enclosed trailer. Like they say...everyone should have a personal businees of some kind.