PDA

View Full Version : Hey JOEX could I ask you a question?

mc1984
02-03-2004, 09:53 PM
Hey Joe, first of all thanks for replying to my brake help on my 300ex yesterday. I got my caliper stay bushing today, took everything apart but am having problems putting it back together. I put the stay bushing on the pin on the swingarm and then went to put on the caliper stay bracket. The stay bracket slides over the bearing carrier like it should but I cant get the snap ring on. The caliper stay bracket goes over the bushing but that looks like the reason it wont go on any further. Is the caliper stay bracket supposed to be straight or is it suposed to be bent? Mine is straight, it looks as though if it were bent to follow the curve of the swingarm it would be alright. It is getting very frustrating, I hate fixing somebody elses mistakes. I am thinking this might be why whoever didnt put that bushing in last time left it like that.
One other theory I have is that the bearing carrier isnt sticking out far enough. Is this a possibility? I dont want to dissasemble the whole thing, at least not till I have some warm weather. Again, I really appreciate your help.
have a good day!

Mike
mc1984@tds.net

JOEX
02-03-2004, 10:33 PM
Happy to help:) There are a bunch of people on here that have more experience than me, i've only done my 400 a couple of times.;)

A couple of things to look at are make sure the stay is all the way on and the axle and carrier are fully 'seated'. I had to use a hammer and block of wood to get the axle into the carrier, both aftermarket. I belive the stay should be straight. I remember having some trouble getting the stay off originally, posted a question here and with the advice of others I found out I just wasn't applying enough pressure.

I'd take some pics but I had to reformat the computer today and haven't loaded everything back yet:(

Joe