PDA

View Full Version : I am planning a Spring riding trip can anyone help with a location????

nikejoe
02-03-2004, 08:06 PM
I am located in Indianapolis IN, and I am looking for a place to go in the spring. I would like some imput on riding parks in OH, IL, KY, or TN. I have been to most places in INDIANA and am looking for something different. We went to KY last year to LBL and it was GREAT! I was looking for something similar to that, but maybe somewhere with cabins to rent, or at least a bath house.

So if anyone has some suggestions, please let me know where the place is located, how much land they have to ride, and what ammenities they have if any???? Thanks for all the Help!!!:p

Scott Kawi700
02-03-2004, 08:44 PM
http://www.windrockatv.com/

The spring jamboree they put on is a blast. I have been there the last two years and it is a great place. They have over 200,000 acres to ride on. Not sure if they will have the shower facilities ready or not but just call or email them they will give you the details.

02-03-2004, 08:49 PM
exriders.com get together ride at hatfield mccoy in march. You won't find a better place to ride or group of people to ride with. :cool:

you'll find the thread in this forum..;)

Quadfather
02-03-2004, 08:59 PM
Wayne National Forest in Southern Ohio. 280,000 acres divided into three sections. Camping within the park, with showers, bathrooms, and electrical hookups. $10 a nite to camp, $5 a day to ride.

great place to ride.

bigz-71
02-03-2004, 09:29 PM
i am wanting to go to florida. i went last year and it is so far the best place i have ridden so far. i went to Ocala. it has a lot of land to ride on. it all hard packed sand and whooped. it so much fun. i want to go back really bad but i am just having a hard finding someone that wants to go. i would highly recommend it.

dman
02-05-2004, 11:00 PM
Bucks Run Mx Park is a new park opening now in
Bedford KY. Its across the river from Madison IN.
By spring we should have many of our planned
projects finished. Keep updated on our progress
@ www.bucksrunmxpark.com
Thanks

nikejoe
02-06-2004, 10:18 AM
Thanks for the replies!!! Keep them coming, I woudl love to find somemore places to do weekend trips to! Also anyone that is from around Indiana and looking for an overweight, married, 25year old, slow guy to ride with can let me know!

Thanks !!!:p

TORO1968
02-06-2004, 08:05 PM
You need to head up to Silver Lake sand dunes in Michigan...very fun! :D

-Jordan

K_Fulk
02-06-2004, 09:20 PM
Or little shara in oklahoma. Your probly looking at a 15 hour or so dirve but its worth it if your staying a weerk or so. No spark arrestor rules, camping and bathouses on site. 7 dollars a day to ride.

Silver lake is good for a couple days. but is quite a bit smaller and need a spark arrestor.

Dunes in general are a lot of fun.

416mx
02-06-2004, 09:23 PM
i've been to Little Shara, way cool place to ride!!!!!!!!:cool:

nikejoe
02-08-2004, 02:54 PM
I don't mind driving to a good place to ride. But 15hrs is a little far! Unless I had a week off to go and a week off to rest once I got back home home. Thanks for the info though! I am mainly looking fo weekend places within 6-8hours or so! Keep ideas coming!!!! Thanks!!!!:blah:

nikejoe
02-09-2004, 03:35 PM
Anyone else have any other cool places within 6-8 hours of INDY??:huh

K_Fulk
02-09-2004, 05:44 PM
Perry state park by new lexington, ohio . Its good for a day of riding. But if your gonna go there you might as well got to wayne national forest.

Motoman440
02-09-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Rico
exriders.com get together ride at hatfield mccoy in march. You won't find a better place to ride or group of people to ride with. :cool:

What he said.;)

k2-dawg
02-10-2004, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by Rico

crayfz
02-10-2004, 05:49 PM
Brushy Mountain Motorsports Park, Taylorsville,NC
www.bmmspark.com
Going down in a couple weeks I'll see how it is.