PDA

View Full Version : YFZ 450 ... Next Mod???

Quad18star
02-03-2004, 07:11 PM
Well I have a bone stock 450 .... Now its time to put the first mod on it . Hard decision . Do I put a pipe on it?? Do the Cam Mod (i think i should wait until warantee is up on it first) ?? What do you guys think I should do?? I'd like to get a set of either Pro Tapers or Tags in the near future also .... I find the stock bars to be a little too low for me. I'd like to get a lil bit more power out of the quad . Suggestions?? Pics?? Anything???

02-04-2004, 05:19 PM
i would get a pipe and a new air filter, remove the air box lid.. Just what i would do. But anything that affects the warranty i wouldnt do.. just because there may be something that wasnt tightened correctly or something messed up that could wreck something and they could say you put this in and that could have messed it up or some kind of b s like that..

i have wondered for a while, were you a pro quad racer back in the day??? i dont know why, but i always thought you were.:confused: :p

Quad18star
02-04-2004, 09:21 PM
I used to run the ATV series up here in Canada about 4 years ago .... a horrible racing accident and college debts put a stop to it all . Was supposed to move to the USA and ride/race but because of the accident , my sponsor dropped me . I basically have races in 4 years ... I totally dropped everythign about racing . Last summer my buddy bought a Raptor and i rode it a few times ... now I got the bug again and bought a new 450 . I'm not really used to the 4 strokes since I used to run Aftermarket LT 250r quads . So this whole 4stroke stuff has me askign questions as to what I should do . I've tried to actually read up on some of the new products available over the last few years ... and I figured I'd ask you guys whats the best products for this quad .

trueblue450
02-05-2004, 08:12 AM
run the cam mod, it makes the biggest difference and its for free.

putting a pipe or anything else on kills the waranty...

if you look at my sig id use the same jets. it runs like a new bike just doing the mod and jetting.

Mango
02-05-2004, 08:42 AM
Full exhaust, air box, re-jet.
I have read this will give 6-10 hp., depends on who you talk to and which pipe.

If you have a problem, put it back to stock and take it in. :D

mango

cheetah
02-05-2004, 10:13 PM
Isn't the cam mod covered by warranty if you let the dealer do it?