PDA

View Full Version : $1,200 Too Spend

Berry
02-03-2004, 05:58 PM
my grandpa just told me he is selling our old farm truck and he is gonna give me the money. it should be around $1,200 and he is giving me all of it. so i am going too put all of it in my 400ex. so when i get what i want i want too find the cheapest prices possible so i can get every cent worth of this money. i figure first i need a lonestar axle, then elka on the front with rezzies and front razr mx tires so how much would that be right there? those are the main things i need and i could use a arms too but i dont know if i will have enough left over once i am done with the axle and front shocks! so guys maybe give me ideas on what i need and prices and dont tell me i need too go ahead and get the axis shocks because i dont want them. ps, what are the best cheapest a arms? thankss!

sprtrx300ex
02-03-2004, 06:04 PM
Id get some nice Elka tripple rates with SSD piggyback rezzys ($995) and arms ($300) or so. Thats about $1200 right there.

JDiablo
02-03-2004, 06:06 PM
new you are defienly looking at around or above 1200,forgot the tires right now then that will save you about 400.Then with the 400 saved up all you need is 50 more dollars then u got yourself a nice pair of burgard a-arms which are all the same price,or you can do wat you originally wanted to do with the axle,tires,and shocks...but i think the tires can wait if they are relatively good still

01_300ex
02-03-2004, 06:37 PM
I have some TCS dual-Rate, ZPS, rezzies with comp adj for $400+shipping.

Berry
02-03-2004, 07:04 PM
sprtrx300 your nuts if you think i would pay $900+ for a set of used elka shocks. i am only getting the front tho, i can get them brand new for 550$. i am buying the elkas new guys sorry

CUZ'n
02-03-2004, 07:07 PM
i git me a bottl of beem an a hookrrr wif day mony

what truk u sellen:confused: i hook u up if u ned some;)

Samson
02-03-2004, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by CUZ'n
i git me a bottl of beem an a hookrrr wif day mony

$1200 would be a relative bargain compared to what I've paid for my wife! :D

Chanman420q
02-03-2004, 07:52 PM
if i were u, id get the elka econoes and save that extra 300 bucks to get ur rear shock done as well. ull see more performance out of all 3 shocks then just front shocks with rezzys. IMO

Atreyu
02-03-2004, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by 300exrida
new you are defienly looking at around or above 1200,forgot the tires right now then that will save you about 400.Then with the 400 saved up all you need is 50 more dollars then u got yourself a nice pair of burgard a-arms which are all the same price,or you can do wat you originally wanted to do with the axle,tires,and shocks...but i think the tires can wait if they are relatively good still

:confused: :huh What tires are $400?

JDiablo
02-03-2004, 07:59 PM
my fault i meant to press 200 give or take a lil bit.Honest mistake:rolleyes:

Atreyu
02-03-2004, 08:00 PM
Gotcha chief...get the shocks first. Then save for whatever else..

Giz400ex
02-04-2004, 04:45 AM
I would first start off with an exhaust! Thats should be your first thing. It would be the biggest improvement that you would notice. Then, you can go whatever way you want to! Just a suggestion, if you don't race, you don't need rezzies! If you just play ride and race, it would be waste of money for ya! But, the exhaust is huge and will defintely improve everything about your 400. If you want a suggestion on a exhaust.........LRD! Thats if noise isn't a prob! Biggest bang you'll get for your buck!

jcv400ex
02-04-2004, 06:53 AM
Suspension is the first thing you upgrade on a 400ex. All the power in the world ain't gonna do you any good if you can't steer the thing.

I'd go with the econo Elka's, a set of front Kenda MX Klaws, a set of Rear MX Klaws on 8" Baja Rims, and a axle. That'd spend all of the 1200. Then save up for some Econo lonestar a-arms or the American Star ones and a set of brake lines. To get you by, you could use some spacers in the front to widen it up some. Just until you could get a set of a-arms. Tires are just as important as the shocks. shorter tire = reduced body roll, lower center of gravity.

Then get a slip-on pipe if your planning on keeping the stock bore for awhile. No full system is going to be worth the money unless your going big bore. Look for a WB E-series, they offer the most increase in power over the stocker.

Giz400ex
02-04-2004, 09:01 AM
If your just playing around there no need to get $500 shocks right away. As of right now, his quad is under powered!

Berry
02-04-2004, 09:32 AM
dude, chill. i already have an hmf pipe, jetted carb, k&n filter, front and rear spacers, 18' turf tamers, moosehandlebars, pro design kill swtich, shaved fenders and more stuff. and yes, i race and i win alot even with my stock setup. i beat yfzs all the time. and GIZ i never said a word about wanting an exhaust and dont make such a big deal about it dude its just a pipe. you can race without a pipe it doesnt make that big of a difference. its 30% handling, 60% rider and 10% power. how you gonna race if you cant handle your quad ? GIZ 400ex it really annoys me too see people like you telling people on here and some are newbies too get an exhaust over shocks. that proves too me your clueless and probally some redneck that says ahh you dont need no suspenion lets cut your pipe off itll make it run 100mph

seatec
02-04-2004, 09:46 AM
Hate to be the voice of conscions here but shouldn’t you first get you grandpa something to show your appreciation for him? You may have already done so in a different way but I just thought I’d suggest it.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
02-04-2004, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Berry
dude, chill. i already have an hmf pipe, jetted carb, k&n filter, front and rear spacers, 18' turf tamers, moosehandlebars, pro design kill swtich, shaved fenders and more stuff. and yes, i race and i win alot even with my stock setup. i beat yfzs all the time. and GIZ i never said a word about wanting an exhaust and dont make such a big deal about it dude its just a pipe. you can race without a pipe it doesnt make that big of a difference. its 30% handling, 60% rider and 10% power. how you gonna race if you cant handle your quad ? GIZ 400ex it really annoys me too see people like you telling people on here and some are newbies too get an exhaust over shocks. that proves too me your clueless and probally some redneck that says ahh you dont need no suspenion lets cut your pipe off itll make it run 100mph

OUCH that is a little harsh, He was just making suggestions along with everyone else it might of helped if you would of listed the mods you currently have so we could help from there now that you have I would suggest the suspension I started out with the triple rate elka economy with ssd and a converted rear, I thing the converted rear made the biggest difference for me since the stock shock is sprung for 150lb rider and I weight less than that I haven't had any complaints about the fronts I really like the feel of the ssd shocks, when I get on a stock bike it feels really wierd and I miss the ssd. I would also suggest nerfbars (you may already have them)

I think it is really nice for your grandpa to help you out, I wish I had that kind of help.

Berry
02-04-2004, 09:57 AM
yes thanks silverfox i have AC nerfs with kick up heal guards. and it makes me mad because if i hadnt known much about quads and was working my butt off too save up too modify it, then got on here and asked for advice and he tells me too get a pipe over those shocks then i go out and blow all of my money on an exhaust that i dont even need all becasue of him. but i know the difference between an exhaust and shocks. and back in the day i was like that i would get on forums asking for advice when i had my 250ex, and some dumbo talked me into spider trac tires that i ended up paying 200$ for and were the suckiest tires ever! so maybe you understand where i am coming from?

Berry
02-04-2004, 09:58 AM
PS: GIX400ex. Im not a newbie when it comes too quads;)

Giz400ex
02-04-2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Berry
dude, chill. i already have an hmf pipe, jetted carb, k&n filter, front and rear spacers, 18' turf tamers, moosehandlebars, pro design kill swtich, shaved fenders and more stuff. and yes, i race and i win alot even with my stock setup. i beat yfzs all the time. and GIZ i never said a word about wanting an exhaust and dont make such a big deal about it dude its just a pipe. you can race without a pipe it doesnt make that big of a difference. its 30% handling, 60% rider and 10% power. how you gonna race if you cant handle your quad ? GIZ 400ex it really annoys me too see people like you telling people on here and some are newbies too get an exhaust over shocks. that proves too me your clueless and probally some redneck that says ahh you dont need no suspenion lets cut your pipe off itll make it run 100mph First off, don't judge me on anything, you really don't anything about me ( thats not nice!) Second, I guess it would be alot easier if you told us what you had! would make sense wouldn't it? Next time, if your gonna reply like that to someone thats trying to give you a suggestion, you'll find yourself asking questions to yourself. I guess I should of known better:confused: :confused: :D

sly400ex
02-04-2004, 01:51 PM
Berry, you did come down hard on Giz, you asked for an opinion and he gave you one. I bet 90% of the people out here bought a pipe before suspension. He never told you that you better buy a pipe or else. You need to relax, if you're asking for people’s opinion, that’s what you will get. No reason to start making accusations or name calling!:o

JDiablo
02-04-2004, 03:27 PM
i bought a pipe before suspension....but still dont have suspension:(

hondarider2006
02-04-2004, 03:55 PM
If I read right, I think he bought a pipe before suspension???:rolleyes:

brandon025
02-04-2004, 04:13 PM
Hey Berry, not trying to be critical here, but in most cases the word 'to' should have one 'o' not two. I'm not trying to make fun of you, just trying to boost your English grade. :)

Dune Surfer
02-04-2004, 04:59 PM
Sell it and get the 450
If not a-arms and shocks.

Cody_300ex
02-04-2004, 06:48 PM
Give it to me Josh! lol I could use 1200 bad! I would keep on saveing, sell your 400 and eaither a yfz, 450r, or Predator. JMO:o