PDA

View Full Version : Arizona Riders

02-26-2002, 11:14 AM
Anybody ride in the Phoenix area??

I know of a couple of great spots in the desert. Miles and miles of desert, the only thing you have to watch out for is cattle. 2 miles east of Apache Junction, accross the freeway from the Jack in the Box. Go through the gate and ride.

Also in the Salt River basin. Out on the Beeline freeway by Saguaro Lake.

Do you have any others? Any Dunes closer than Yuma (2 1/2hours)?

Later.

02-26-2002, 08:47 PM
Try http://www.ridingarizona.com for lots of AZ ride info. It’s the ultimate AZ site for ATV’s and dirt bikes.

The following sites also have good info on places to ride…

http://www.quadscentral.com/aztrails.html

http://www.pr.state.az.us/partnerships/ohv/sites.html

02-27-2002, 08:19 AM
Thanks!!

fooracer
03-11-2002, 04:00 PM
Thanks for posting all of your riding areas. I live in AZ too and was really getting pissed because I can never really find any good riding spots and when I do every decides to put a housing develpoment right there. We got fed up and just started going to speed world but maybe there is still hope.
Brad:devil

Pepto_Bismol
03-12-2002, 06:58 PM
Riding out in AJ is highway marker 202, it's state trust land. You can get a permit for 15.00 a year to "legally" ride out there. I do all the time. It's right behind my house. They are starting to crack down a bit on poeple who don't have a permit. Besides that, the permit is good for any state trust land throughout the state..WHOOT. If you into MX, speedworld is out just west of avondale. Its not bad....Mabey we'll see you all out in the desert some time! (Try sycamore, it's the one out by beeline highway).
Later!
Pepto :cool:

oynot400
03-13-2002, 10:41 AM
Where is a good place to rent a quad in the Phoenix area? There is a guy here from work that is going to Phoenix in April. He just wants to do some trail riding for a day with his wife.
Can anyone recomend a trail and a place to rent?
Thanks. :D

Pepto_Bismol
03-13-2002, 12:54 PM
Here are a couple of places you can rent fro,
Water Trix Inc. Ph 480-649-1418, they rent arctic cats 250 and 400s for 115.00 and 125.00 per day repsectively.

Arizona off Road Sport Center, same type fo quads, and they are 25.00 more per quad on the weekend 602-997-9329.

Getting wet Jet ski and Quad Rentals, PH 480-835-8868 did not speak to them directly.

As for trials, um..there are so many it's hard to say, but you can visit www.ridingarizona.com and there is a list of trials to ride. I ride primarily on state trust land, and you need a permit for that.
hope this helps.

oynot400
03-13-2002, 12:57 PM
Thanks,
I will pass on the info! :cool:

Pepto_Bismol
03-13-2002, 01:06 PM
Another thing, The phoenix area is very big, so depending on where your friend is going to stay may dictate where to rent and where to ride. They can always ask the motel people and then look in the yellow pages once they get here. Of course, if they have real trouble, mabey we can work something out so that they might be able to give me a call if they need additional help. By about the time your friend may be down here, my friend will be just buying a quad, so since I will have to help him learn some, and it may be perfect timing to have everyone just go out for a day ride by my house on the state trust land. Later.

oynot400
03-13-2002, 07:51 PM
Thanks for the offer! :D I will give him the the link and let him know about it.
Thanks again. :cool:

shane
03-23-2002, 03:51 AM
Word!
If any body is lookin for a good place to ride and drag race thier bikes there is cool place in way west Phoenix it's actually in the town Avondale.
We also ride in the Ciders Flagstaff area in the summer months.
Post up if you want more info!

Shane