PDA

View Full Version : Tc Racing

shook
02-26-2002, 11:11 AM
Does anyone have a number to reach them or a web site address.

Bergy
02-26-2002, 12:06 PM
You can reach Tom at TC by calling (814) 723-3514. If he doesn't answer he's probably working on something and you should try back. He's a busy man and somedays he feels if he'd spend all day answering the phone nobodies motors would get done. I don't blame him, he's one of the best.

ChadEXer
02-26-2002, 12:53 PM
I just talked to him a minute ago. I was going to send my motor to him but he says he is 6 weeks behind. Im going to send it to Trinity to do the 465 stroker instead. Tom said he would put a 425 kit in mine but Harry at Trinity says the 465 stroker will wipe out the 425. Tom said the 440 full race wouldnt be reliable in TX to do play riding like I do. Its only good for race he says.

mrusk
02-26-2002, 04:11 PM
ChadEXer- You ever hear the saying "good things come to those who wait" well its true. TC is one of the best 4 stroke builder in the country. Did you except Harry to tell u that his 465 would be beat by a 425?

matt

stevengates45
02-26-2002, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by mrusk
ChadEXer- You ever hear the saying "good things come to those who wait" well its true. TC is one of the best 4 stroke builder in the country. Did you except Harry to tell u that his 465 would be beat by a 425?

matt

True True

Dave400ex
02-26-2002, 06:24 PM
I agree too. All of the Engine Builders are Backed Up. Sparks is way Backed Up. Sparks and TC are the Best. You get what you pay for.

02-26-2002, 06:32 PM
Ct builds alot of trick bikes, ther 250r, and cherry raptor r to bad bikes

02-27-2002, 12:30 AM
no one ever says hetrick racing. i would go with them.

CBRSLIDER
02-27-2002, 04:32 AM
I got my 416 done at Hetrick's and it rips pretty good. And they are nice people to deal with. They sponsor local racers and I believe that they are one of Matt White's sponsors. No their name isn't as big as Sparks or CT but the quality of the work they did for me was very good. Plus the 416 with the JE piston, Honda gaskets, Honda valve seals, Web Cam, new oil, oil filter, rejet, and bore, plus labor only cost me $500.00. Not bad compared to Sparks. And all I had to do was drop off my whole wheeler. Now I understand that if you don't live close then you have to count in shipping, but it's not a bad price. Then I had it back within 2 weeks.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Ray

ChadEXer
02-27-2002, 08:37 AM

matt
Yes mrusk you are right. It was between TC, Sparks, and Trinity for me. I called ALL the engine builders and liked what I heard from these 3 the best. Tom DEFINATELY is one of the best engine builders around, BUT even Tom said he thinks Harry is one of the best engine builders around also. His exact words!! So I have two of the best engine builders around. TC says I should go with the 425 and push about 38-42 horses because his 440 wouldnt be reliable for some play riding like I do especially in the HOT state of Texas, and wait at least 6 weeks for him to even start on it, and Harry says do the 465 Stroker, will push at LEAST 48+ horses and be reliable as long as I own the bike. Lifetime warranty! and i will have it back in 3-5weeks. Now for just about the very same price which would you pick?? I was at the races this weekend where there were thousands of bikes. The Trinity setups dominated!! Trinity Banshee, Trinity Raptor both won in there classes. I definately agree that Tom is one of the best engine builders but after long hard thought, Trinity is too! For the same amount of money and a lot more power, Trinity was the one for me! Also if I did do Toms 440 setup I would be looking at least $1000 more dollars than Trinitys 465. I know Tom is good but its hard for me to belive that a TC 440 would be faster than a Trinity 465 Stroker. Especially $1000 worth! Of course thats just my opinion though!! But agian mrusk you are right. I am the kind of guy who is very impatient and does it wrong a couple of times before I do it right. But I do believe I made the right move this time(notice I already did the 416!!!) Good thing I make damned good money!!!

Bergy
02-27-2002, 08:41 AM
My personal opinion is that there will be serious reliability issues with a 465 Stroker built for a play bike, no matter who built it. The 465 is probably faster than TC's 425 but I'd be afraid it'd be a ticking time bomb. My friend has a full race TC440, .080 over bore, 3.5mm stroke, big valve full ported head, Lectron carb, everything Tom does to his full on pro caliber race motors. Although this quad is not trail rode or anything it is ridden hard every weekend, has been taken to the Silver Lake Sand Dunes before, and with normal maintenance he has never had a problem. Wait, I lied, a stator went bad once but that was a freak problem, not TC's fault. As far as Hetricks Motorsports, I have seen some of there quads last season at some GNC's, they seem to run good but I don't know anybody specific with a motor by them.

mrusk
02-27-2002, 05:38 PM
I dont know how trinity is now, but a few years ago all i heard was alot of problems with them. I would like to see the Trinity stroker 465 on the dyno, i would be money on it now having that much hp.

IF you arnt 100% percent decided on trinity you might want to check out profabatv.com . From what i hear they have great customer service and do great work.

matt

400MXer
02-27-2002, 05:46 PM
Dyno and what it acutally does are two diff things. it all depends on where all the power is on the powerband. and depends on what terrains you ride. if you take a 60hp monstermotor that has most of it's hp topend, and 416 that has lowend power would pry beat it on a tight technical course. HP reading aren't alway the right thing to look at, you should look at where on the powerband does the motor make it's power.

ChadEXer
02-27-2002, 06:10 PM
I dont know how trinity is now, but a few years ago all i heard was alot of problems with them. I would like to see the Trinity stroker 465 on the dyno, i would be money on it now having that much hp.

IF you arnt 100% percent decided on trinity you might want to check out profabatv.com . From what i hear they have great customer service and do great work.

matt
I wasnt 100% decided on them but I am 100% sure what Im going to do now. Im going to send it to Mickey Dunlop at FST and hes putting the 500 kit in it. He said his 500 kit will even run over Sparks 465 kit which dominated the 4 stroke wars. Mickey said he builds his own piston(the lightest available) grinds his own cams, and uses different rods than everyone else. He said he has a few 500's running cross country and hes had absolutely no problems with them. he said the 500 is VERY reliable. He also said that NOONE builds a EX faster than his 500. For some reason I believe him!! 500cc. Damn I cant wait. He is putting the complete 500 kit and his oil cooler on for $2500. Thats not bad at all!! The only bad thing is it will take about 3 month to get it back from him. But like you said "good things come to those who wait" So Im waitin!! He will be out for 2 weeks, leaving tommorrow then he has to do some stuff for Yamaha he said then he will get to mine. Im so anxious!!

Dave400ex
02-27-2002, 07:16 PM
Man, a 500 Kit. You must want a lot of Power. I hope it turns out Good. You should be able to Win all the Races for sure. Is Mickey going Warranty his Work?

Giz400ex
02-27-2002, 07:48 PM
I'm having CT do a little work on mine. So far, it hasn't been good but I'm hoping it gets better. It started to be a mess and stuff but will leave a post on my experience with CT in a couple of weeks (I hope its only a few weeks???)

Bergy
02-27-2002, 11:54 PM
OK here is the real deal. If I told you I built the fastest 400ex in the whole land and I'd build it for you for only $850 would you believe me? I am not saying FST is not good at all ( not my personal pick, but you are entitled to go with whoever you want) I am just saying it seems like you change your mind a lot and maybe should talk to some guys that had FST 500cc 400ex's built. I know 2 guys from MD that had them built and were not that impressed with the power or the reliability. Please do more research before getting a motor you will not be happy with.

ChadEXer
02-28-2002, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by Bergy
OK here is the real deal. If I told you I built the fastest 400ex in the whole land and I'd build it for you for only $850 would you believe me? I am not saying FST is not good at all ( not my personal pick, but you are entitled to go with whoever you want) I am just saying it seems like you change your mind a lot and maybe should talk to some guys that had FST 500cc 400ex's built. I know 2 guys from MD that had them built and were not that impressed with the power or the reliability. Please do more research before getting a motor you will not be happy with.
Man here I am, finally all sure what I wanna do and you wanna throw a wrench in it. I have talked to ALL the engine builders and I like what Mickey said and I like the parts he is using. I agree with him on more of what he says than anyone. Im not a mechanic but I do agree with him. It doesnt matter what builder I have to do it someone is going to have something to say about it. just like when I was thinking Trinity. Some people said no. Mickey works on 4 strokes only. He is going to build a 500cc monster for the same price Trinity was going to do a 465. And Mickey is doing a lot more extra to it!! But I do think you are right. Do you have one of those guys phone numbers where I can talk with them about it?

Sandragggen
02-28-2002, 09:04 AM
Chad...the more you talk on these forums the more input you will get...good or bad; I'm sure you are finding this out. If you are wanting a 500 from Mickey, get it. I don't know if it will be the best play bike, as you mentioned in another thread, but it will be a **** of a dragger compared to other 4-strokes. One thing is for sure, more hp=less reliability and more maintenance.

I would be careful when someone tells me that they will warrant a race motor. I'd also be careful when someone tells me to send the motor and a couple grand; they now have your motor and your money. Maybe this is common pratice in the mod world, but I'd be leary handing money and motor to a stranger. Just some friendly advise.

Jay

ChadEXer
02-28-2002, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by pudjumper
Chad...the more you talk on these forums the more input you will get...good or bad; I'm sure you are finding this out. If you are wanting a 500 from Mickey, get it. I don't know if it will be the best play bike, as you mentioned in another thread, but it will be a **** of a dragger compared to other 4-strokes. One thing is for sure, more hp=less reliability and more maintenance.

I would be careful when someone tells me that they will warrant a race motor. I'd also be careful when someone tells me to send the motor and a couple grand; they now have your motor and your money. Maybe this is common pratice in the mod world, but I'd be leary handing money and motor to a stranger. Just some friendly advise.

Jay
Well nobody really said send me your motor and a couple of thousand. I was just saying that. You are right about the warranty issue. Most say they will warranty "THERE" work so your right. Mickey said he requires half up front. You can expect that though what if he built my whole motor and I decided not to pay him. You can expect them to want something up front.

Bergy
02-28-2002, 10:16 AM
ChadEXer: I have private messaged you the guys e-mail address in MD. I understand where you are coming from. Whatever you pick you pick.

ChadEXer
02-28-2002, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Bergy
ChadEXer: I have private messaged you the guys e-mail address in MD. I understand where you are coming from. Whatever you pick you pick.
I have sent him an email. How long have you known him. His name is Chad too?? How long has he had this setup? Maybe he will reply soon and I can ask him!

Dave400ex
02-28-2002, 03:31 PM
Let us know what the Guy says about the Motor. I think 500 is way to Big, but it should be able to Beat everything else it goes up againist. Anything you do will be better then your Motor Setup you have now.

trx400ex
02-28-2002, 03:37 PM
does tc have a website?

Dave400ex
02-28-2002, 04:34 PM
Www.tcracingengines.com It is not done yet. You can`t click on anything. Call Tom, 814-723-3514.

ChadEXer
02-28-2002, 05:12 PM
If you have read my Trinity 465 thread you will notice that I am now sending my motor to TC for his 505 kit. This is the last time I will change my mind. FOR SURE. Again Im sorry to sound so dumb and keep changing my mind but my mind IS made up for sure now. Thanks you so much to all of you who replied to me.
Chad