PDA

View Full Version : 250R Elkas. Which ones do you have?

CHAR250R
02-03-2004, 01:14 PM
Which Elkas are you people using? Rezzies? No Rezzies? Piggy back? Tripple rate or double? Dual adjust or single? No adjust? I'm running stock length A-arms. Ride mostly in the woods, but I like to jump. My riding skills are above average. The stock shocks need replacement. Not concerned about cost, but I don't need shocks that are overkill for me. I'm also concidering Axis. Not interested in Works, not that there is anything wrong with them. Thanks in advance. :D

Tommy 17
02-03-2004, 01:47 PM
i had triple rate SSD piggy back compression adjustable and loved them... u want rezzys and u don't really need rebound...

i just ordered long travel quad rates compression adjustable with SSD

sprtrx300ex
02-03-2004, 01:56 PM
Im gettin tripple rates with SSD piggy resivors. Ill let you haw they are once I mount them.

Dave400ex
02-03-2004, 01:58 PM
I had the same thing Tommy did. Worked great. Like he said, Rebound is not really needed.

Tommy sent you a PM

nacs400ex
02-03-2004, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
i had triple rate SSD piggy back compression adjustable and loved them... u want rezzys and u don't really need rebound...

i just ordered long travel quad rates compression adjustable with SSD

I had the same shocks too, sold them. Now I will be ordering the same LT shocks as you.:D What kind of a-arms are you going to run, I am almost 100% sure I am going with a set of JB's.

LathersR
02-03-2004, 02:54 PM
SSD Quad Rate, Piggyback, comp, rebound adjustable (Long Travel).. I love them man.. Get some triple rate elka's for ur quad.. you most likely dont need rezzies if your just a screw around rider, and not going big into racing.... but if you are a faster, and like to hammer down, and wanna get serious about racing quite a bit.. get rezzies, and definetly some arms..

racerx573
02-03-2004, 03:27 PM
If cost is not a concern get Axis triple rate with compression adjustment.

Tommy 17
02-03-2004, 06:38 PM
arens +1 a-arms... i'll order them soon as my other shocks are sold... which should be tomorrow or the next day i hope!!!!

lil400exman
02-03-2004, 06:39 PM
mark baldwin said to me that with a SSD or ZPS setup compression will throw it off and you should use your ZPS to correct your comrpession issues and he put the compression cause they needed to dial in farr's bike or something like that and everyone wanted them like Farr's so they did that. So you dont HAVE to get compression although its another doo-dad that can knock off your shock even more........:p i would reccomend rebound adjust cause from my bikes expersince its irritating having your bike swapping or bouncing you. i say compression isnt needed (although its a bonus) get your rebound ZPS-SSD setup with some rezzies. some people prefer the pigy back other remote. people say remote cause it seperates the can from the body so you dont get transfer.;) other like the toughness of them piggys............personally i vote fer PEP bro:macho

CHAR250R
02-04-2004, 06:56 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by racerx573
If cost is not a concern get Axis triple rate with compression adjustment. [/QUOTE

How about rebound? I have a friend that's a dealer for Penske Racing Shocks (they bought Axis in 1999) so I can get Axis at dealer cost. I am considering this, too. Keep the info coming!!!

Dave400ex
02-04-2004, 07:23 AM
If you can get them at dealer cost, DO IT!

AndrewRRR
02-04-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by CHAR250R

How about rebound? I have a friend that's a dealer for Penske Racing Shocks (they bought Axis in 1999) so I can get Axis at dealer cost. I am considering this, too. Keep the info coming!!!

Cost huh? Can I be your friend?

beak7707
02-04-2004, 01:47 PM
I have triple rate ssd, with piggy backs, only compression. i think that is about the best for the average rider. Everybody i talked to like C&D and santo said rebound isnt need at all. They said it's way to hard to set them up right.

k2-dawg
02-04-2004, 01:49 PM
triple rate ssd, with piggy backs, only compression.

nacs400ex
02-04-2004, 07:46 PM
Is rebound actually worth the extra money I am going to pay. I aint the best at dialing in shocks yet, so I dont know if it is beneficial enough for me to get it.

Dave400ex
02-04-2004, 08:19 PM
I have talked to Santo and both Jeff, they said Rebound is not really needed, and most do not get it!

Narly R
02-04-2004, 08:27 PM
Elka Quadrates Elites SSD, low-high speed rebound adjustable. I run them on Lonestar DC-4's.:cool: But axis are a good shock too, if you can get them at cost, that seems like a pretty good deal!:)

AndrewRRR
02-04-2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by nacs400ex
Is rebound actually worth the extra money I am going to pay. I aint the best at dialing in shocks yet, so I dont know if it is beneficial enough for me to get it.

From what I've learned researching shocks, rebound adjustment can help, but you have to be really savvy on dialing in shocks to properly set up rebound. If you aren't, chances are you'll make them worse. If you tell them what kind of riding you do the pre-set rebound can work just fine. If you like to be a tweaker and fine tune things for each course you can get a little edge with rebound adjustment but for most riders/racers it's not needed.

CHAR250R
02-05-2004, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by AndrewRRR
Cost huh? Can I be your friend?

Sorry, I'm not taking on any new friends at this time. I can ask if he is interested in selling you a set.

AndrewRRR
02-05-2004, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by CHAR250R
Sorry, I'm not taking on any new friends at this time. I can ask if he is interested in selling you a set.

Yeah! Compression adjustable dual or triple rate LT's!