PDA

View Full Version : Pro-Am racer James Wahl in top 10

jlhughes750
02-03-2004, 11:39 AM
Congrats to James Wahl from PA.

I just wanted to point out that James started in the Pro-Am class at the Texas GNCC,won the class and finished 8th overall..........................

ON A 250R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

way to go James, there not a "dying breed" like some say.......

Don't be suprised if you see this R on the overall podium SOON....
then what??????;)

jlhughes750
02-03-2004, 12:16 PM
sorry, i had to rub that in!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe theres no comments on this ?????????:confused:

cdalejef
02-03-2004, 12:26 PM
Good job James

QuadRacer041
02-03-2004, 07:32 PM
i look forward to seeing the R have continued good luck with the NEW technoligy out there, lol

02-03-2004, 07:51 PM
I wouldn't say there a dying breed, just wounded at the moment...LOL

Good Job James...:D

gizmocor
02-03-2004, 07:58 PM
I don't think there will ever be a time when the 250R isn't competitive anymore........just not going to get the backing racing it much longer.......

jlhughes750
02-04-2004, 08:43 AM
What will RP do when Wahl is nailing down overall wins from the Pro-Am line every race and leading the overall points with his OLD R???????

Wouldn't that be ironic....a Pro-Am racer on an R gets the #1 plate this year.

HHHHMMMMMMMMMM????

02-04-2004, 08:58 AM
I know a couple of pro's that wish they would have finished a couple of spots back last year so they could run pro am on their R and compete for the overall this year!!!

bradley300
02-04-2004, 09:01 AM
i would love to see that! too bad ATK is going to win the points this year right jeff!?

i'm not a huge 250r fan, but i dont lik the fact that they are trying to phase it out either, i loved to see ballance pull out that old, outdated technology to win ironman last year.

congrats james wahl and good luck with the rest of the season

justdirt
02-04-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by bradley300
i would love to see that! too bad ATK is going to win the points this year right jeff!?

i'm not a huge 250r fan, but i dont lik the fact that they are trying to phase it out either, i loved to see ballance pull out that old, outdated technology to win ironman last year.

congrats james wahl and good luck with the rest of the season

there is absoulutly nothing old or outdated on ballance's R's. there was very little of an '86 to '89 250R left on those machines.

TLC
02-05-2004, 08:18 PM
Congrats James!! It must of been the food we ate at the Outback the night before.:)

popo
02-06-2004, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by jlhughes750

Don't be suprised if you see this R on the overall podium SOON....
then what??????;)

R/P ruling only the front row pro's on the podium.

Kind of like how they screwed Joey Kish out his 3rd at the penton. Pro's only.

Congrats on his finish.

Johnny_G
02-06-2004, 08:48 PM
Why do you get so amped up about the whole 250R thing?

most of us who have been racing them since the early 90's are glad to see them go................they were a trusty steed for many years......but now they are out to pasture.........not that they are outdated, well at least the aftermarket ones, they just ran their course, like all things do.

Not trying to argue wit ya, you know we are boys, I just thought i would throw my .02 in here

BTW congrats to James on his finish in TX!!!!!!!!

QuadRacer041
02-07-2004, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by Johnny_G
Why do you get so amped up about the whole 250R thing?

most of us who have been racing them since the early 90's are glad to see them go................they were a trusty steed for many years......but now they are out to pasture.........not that they are outdated, well at least the aftermarket ones, they just ran their course, like all things do.

Not trying to argue wit ya, you know we are boys, I just thought i would throw my .02 in here

BTW congrats to James on his finish in TX!!!!!!!!

why are u glad to see them go???
cause you want a change or because u dont think they can compete anymore.
i can understand if u have been riding one for so long and just want something diffrent but i dont think anyone can say they can compete

Johnny_G
02-07-2004, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by quad041
why are u glad to see them go???
cause you want a change or because u dont think they can compete anymore.
i can understand if u have been riding one for so long and just want something diffrent but i dont think anyone can say they can compete

just got sick of working on, and riding the same basic machine for so many years...........It was just nice to get something different

I have nothing against the R it was a hellova bike, and will always have a place in my garage, but for display only!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QuadRacer041
02-07-2004, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Johnny_G
just got sick of working on, and riding the same basic machine for so many years...........It was just nice to get something different

I have nothing against the R it was a hellova bike, and will always have a place in my garage, but for display only!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok thats cool, i dont know u have a mecanic or u do it all yourself but, its just so easy and quick to wrench on a 2 stroke..... for me anyway, it has half the parts.

jlhughes750
02-07-2004, 11:18 AM
congrats to James Wahl and his choice of rides!!! thats all i said! never got amped, not a hater or activist or anything.......just for the record I was not trying to start anything!! Just congrats to Wahl thats all...........Johnny, ever hear of routin for the under dog?? thats the way I see it....also for the record, I got 2 thumpers and love racing them, sometimes more then the R. Its not about the R or the new generation, its about decision making!