PDA

View Full Version : Pappy told me not to do it!!!

Crazy Honda
02-03-2004, 11:04 AM
But I did. I went to the dealership:eek:

I got some parts.

http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/racer98/yfz/parts+1.jpg

and .....

http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/racer98/yfz/yfz+1.jpg

http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/racer98/yfz/yfz+2.jpg

http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/racer98/yfz/yfz+3.jpg

Some day I'll learn.Now just need to get rid of all this slush:mad:

LTandRaptorider
02-03-2004, 11:07 AM
Well, you might have a YFZ... but you still can't post pics worth a chit! Congrats! now don't forget you have a kid to feed... :p

ReconRider25
02-03-2004, 11:08 AM
:eek: whats with everyone getting the yfz lately? and i see it didnt stay stock for more than 5 minutes.....lol

Crazy Honda
02-03-2004, 11:08 AM
Thanks buddy now get that pos... lt down so we can line em up:devil:

Pappy
02-03-2004, 11:20 AM
:eek: where is my commision checks:mad: :blah:

Crazy Honda
02-03-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
:eek: where is my commision checks:mad: :blah:

Checks in the mail:blah:

QuadJunkies
02-03-2004, 11:24 AM
congrats!! your gonna love it...........:macho :cool:

Pappy
02-03-2004, 11:26 AM
now go ride it:bandit:

Moto92
02-03-2004, 11:28 AM
Looks like it has a little bit of red on it...but not enough to make it fast :p

LTandRaptorider
02-03-2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Crazy Honda
Thanks buddy now get that pos... lt down so we can line em up:devil:

No worries... the LT will whip your YFZ... just like I did when you had the Banshee! No whining when we hear the tinkle tinkle of pieces of your purty headlights falling on the ground from my roost! :devil:

lucky bastid! :D So... when is YOUR moving party??!! :eek2: Mine first, and keep Marc away from the plasma tv!

Crazy Honda
02-03-2004, 11:39 AM
Pappy
now go ride it Ill do so as soon as I get home from work :devil:

LTandRaptorrider

No worries... the LT will whip your YFZ... just like I did when you had the Banshee! No whining when we hear the tinkle tinkle of pieces of your purty headlights falling on the ground from my roost!

got to get in front first:blah: :D :eek:as far as the moving party if you could see the look on my wifes face when I walked in the door to get the camera .........:eek: mine might be first keep in mind I left for the dealership befor she got up:devil:

400EXrider#91
02-03-2004, 11:40 AM
now go ride it:bandit:

soo how do ya like it??

Crazy Honda
02-03-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by 400EXrider#91
soo how do ya like it??

Aint got a chance to ride it yet just got it this morning and its all slush hear hope it just goes away by the time i get off work the people down the road will love me at around midnight:eek: :devil: :D

400EXrider#91
02-03-2004, 11:56 AM
Aint got a chance to ride it yet just got it this morning and its all slush hear hope it just goes away by the time i get off work the people down the road will love me at around midnight:eek: :devil: :D

i hear ya man...i live close to gettysburg,PA we got like 3" of slush and it is now raining:grr: can't wait till spring...maybe we can have a local ride at my place as soon as i can get the track fixed back up

LTandRaptorider
02-03-2004, 11:56 AM
Pappy Ill do so as soon as I get home from work :devil:

LTandRaptorrider

got to get in front first:blah: :D :eek:as far as the moving party if you could see the look on my wifes face when I walked in the door to get the camera .........:eek: mine might be first keep in mind I left for the dealership befor she got up:devil:

hehe! That's the way I always did it... look hun, surprise! surprise! :devil: Course very soon I'll just be talking to the walls... but hey, I can work on the LT in the living room while watching tv!! :D

Pappy
02-03-2004, 12:09 PM
10 inches here this morning:grr:

wilkin250r
02-03-2004, 12:10 PM
10 inches here this morning:grr:

I got 10 inches every morning. Damn morning wood... :mad: :blah:

02-03-2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r

lmao.. thats great.

There seems to be quite alot of people buying the yfzs.. personally spending that much money to me, would be a big thing, and i would wait a little more to find out about the trx.

anyways, have fun with it, i know i would.

02-03-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by bobby88
lmao.. thats great.

There seems to be quite alot of people buying the yfzs.. personally spending that much money to me, would be a big thing, and i would wait a little more to find out about the trx.
i feel the same way...

QuadJunkies
02-03-2004, 12:34 PM
I got 10 inches every morning. Damn morning wood... :mad: :blah: ROFLMGDAO!!!:o :p :devil:

YLW400
02-03-2004, 01:22 PM
Damn, I miss WV.....I never wake up to 10 inches of snow in Delaware....:(

YfzinJay
02-03-2004, 01:49 PM
Crazy honda and Lt where do you ride?

Ex_Rider43
02-03-2004, 07:33 PM
all YFZs here seems like they have motor problems... there were 4 yfzs at the yamaha dealer the other night with no motors and the 5th arived :eek:

but all the people whos buyin them are kids that are riding in trails and roads... even if the dealer said that its built for racing.

did you heard about yfzs motor problems??

seatec
02-03-2004, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by ex_rider52
all YFZs here seems like they have motor problems... there were 4 yfzs at the yamaha dealer the other night with no motors and the 5th arived :eek:

but all the people whos buyin them are kids that are riding in trails and roads... even if the dealer said that its built for racing.

No, because there is no problem!

Guy400
02-03-2004, 07:55 PM
I got 10 inches every morning. Damn morning wood... :mad: :blah: Measuring twice and adding the results doesn't count:D

LTandRaptorider
02-03-2004, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by YfzinJay

Well, crazy honda doesn't usually get to ride anywhere... maybe now that he has something good that will change! :p

We ride sometimes at New Stanton/ Hunker area. Some riding in Adamsburg by Irwin, Rostraver, and some poker runs. Rider11x is who I usaully ride with, while crazy honda spends the summer in his monster garage trying to put something together. Well, he did have his Banshee out twice last year... first time Rdier11x and I embarrassed him, next time his ride was cut short due to his lower ball joint separating from the a-arm... the resulting sharp left turn was comical! :devil:

Pappy
02-03-2004, 07:58 PM
i am about an hour south of you knuckleheads:o

MOFO
02-03-2004, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Well, crazy honda doesn't usually get to ride anywhere... maybe now that he has something good that will change! :p

We ride sometimes at New Stanton/ Hunker area. Some riding in Adamsburg by Irwin, Rostraver, and some poker runs. Rider11x is who I usaully ride with, while crazy honda spends the summer in his monster garage trying to put something together. Well, he did have his Banshee out twice last year... first time Rdier11x and I embarrassed him, next time his ride was cut short due to his lower ball joint separating from the a-arm... the resulting sharp left turn was comical! :devil:

Hey, let me know next time you guys are out that way... I'm not too far from Rostraver (around 20-30 min). I'm looking for some riding areas around here.

Quad18star
02-03-2004, 08:27 PM
We've actually been fortunate in my area that we have almost no snow ... maybe 6 inches or so . Drive within a 50 mile radius and they got over 2 feet . I love the YFZ so far and I'll be looking for more power out of it soon . Can't wait till the MX tracks open up .

Crazy Honda
02-03-2004, 10:57 PM
looks like we will all have to do some riding some time.any one going to green county on the 14th or 15th?

RIDER11X
02-04-2004, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by YfzinJay

I am part of that group, and get out there more than these two put together....:rolleyes: Seriously, we do alot of poker runs and we got a few public ride spots and I am a member of a local off road club with 700+ acres of property to ride on.

What is your location? It is missing in your profile.:confused:

I'll be with Crazy Honda at the Greene County races with camera in hand, so stop and say Hi if your there.:cool:

RIDER11X
02-04-2004, 01:11 AM
i am about an hour south of you knuckleheads:o

Well when are we gettin' together to do some riding? You need to get some hours on your new rides right? ;)

I had no idea you were that close or I would have drove some parts to you to get PC'd. :cool:

SGA
02-04-2004, 01:43 AM
Now that funny!:D

Crazy Honda, Nice looking quad! Congrats!

Moded86R
02-04-2004, 02:03 PM
That's awesome!I was just reading about the new 450r in dirtwheels.It sounds awesome.Just that 400 has me spoiled with electric start.I have ussually had good luck with yamaha's.So I plan on getting a YFZ sometime in the next year or so.I just got a new job that doubled my hourly wages.So I should have some cash saved up pretty soon.

Nice bike.There awesome!

seatec
02-04-2004, 02:10 PM
I just got a new job that doubled my hourly wages

You know, going from a buck 40 to 2.80 doesnt improve your situation much, buddy:D just kidding . Congratz on the raise. more toy money is always good.

Moded86R
02-04-2004, 06:47 PM
Right now I work at KFC.I make 7.20 an hour.This friday I go to take and test.If I pass it I am getting on at Ameren UE making 14.50 starting out.I shouldn't have to much of a problem with the test.I guess I shouldn't count my chickens before they hatch though.

Crazy Honda
02-04-2004, 11:06 PM
thats cool man good luck with your test Moded86R. took the yfz out man it is so tempting to crack it open but gota break it in and work is keeping me from running all day and night I think its time for a few days off...lol

02-05-2004, 08:24 AM
monkey see monkey do:D :p

biohazard1.2
02-05-2004, 08:25 AM

Motor problems?...Save your BS.

that trx70 of yours is just not fast enough:D

RIDER11X
02-05-2004, 10:36 AM

:huh Sorry, but why do you think there would be a difference in how a motor is run on trails and roads compared to racing? If anythying racing will cause the motor to be pushed harder than at any other time.
I too had my doubts about Yamaha doing their homework prior to the release of the YFZ, from seeing what happened with the Raptors, but it seems they really stepped up to the plate with the YFZ. The best part is the pros have adopted it, and that will result in a huge push of aftermarket parts for it.
I am patiently waiting for Crazy Honda to break his in, so I can get a test ride on his YFZ. I am anxious to see what they got. I'm sure my ride will result in alot of cussing because I will see first hand how much advantage it has on my ole' 400ex. Oh well, I will still be riding my 400 for about 10 more years, I just gave up my 87' 250x in 2001.:D

LTandRaptorider
02-06-2004, 10:27 PM
looks like we will all have to do some riding some time.any one going to green county on the 14th or 15th?

I'll have to go with my camera... I heard a rumor that a YFZ would be running in the... cough"D"cough class! :eek2: If I bring my riding gear, can I run it in the B class for you? :devil:

BTW... when I think of rider11x getting on it, I have this visual of the tumbleweeds comic strip... riding his horse! :D

RIDER11X
02-07-2004, 12:23 AM
I'll have to go with my camera... I heard a rumor that a YFZ would be running in the... cough"D"cough class! :eek2: If I bring my riding gear, can I run it in the B class for you? :devil:

BTW... when I think of rider11x getting on it, I have this visual of the tumbleweeds comic strip... riding his horse! :D

Bring your camera to the ash dump Sunday, should get interesting!:devil:

Crazy Honda
02-07-2004, 02:57 PM

Only reasion for the D class is to see if the guy on the C dale is there and runs D if not ill be in C. You need to bring out that lil Quadrunner you got :devil: out for a run. I pushed the yfz to the stop today and all I can say is by by lt.:D :p

Crazy Honda
02-07-2004, 03:11 PM
Got some more things on :D Man I love this thing!!

http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/Racer98/YFZ/mods 1.JPG

RIDER11X
02-07-2004, 10:45 PM
Got some more things on :D Man I love this thing!!

http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/Racer98/YFZ/mods 1.JPG

Looks good! Now all you gotta do is practice writing C class, and you will be alright.:devil:
BTW, did you see the GTYR red/ silver flame kits?:cool:

RIDER11X
02-07-2004, 11:03 PM
Only reasion for the D class is to see if the guy on the C dale is there and runs D if not ill be in C. You need to bring out that lil Quadrunner you got :devil: out for a run. I pushed the yfz to the stop today and all I can say is by by lt.:D :p

Is it true, someone will actually dethrone the LT250r?:eek:

LTandRaptorider
02-08-2004, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by RIDER11X
Is it true, someone will actually dethrone the LT250r?:eek:

ummm... nope! :devil: If it's close, I'll only have to lead him to a 30 ft double... the boy I never wanted is afraid of heights! :D :devil:

Yeah... I'm jealous you bat rastard! :devil: :blah: Now take care of it!! ;)

RIDER11X
02-08-2004, 08:34 PM
ummm... nope! :devil: If it's close, I'll only have to lead him to a 30 ft double... the boy I never wanted is afraid of heights! :D :devil:

Yeah... I'm jealous you bat rastard! :devil: :blah: Now take care of it!! ;)

All I can say is don't lose any sleep over it with Crazy Honda at the controls! We dragged on a icey/snowy gravel lane with moderate traction, that was straight and flat for about 100 yards were we raced. I won 4 of 4 with a CT piped 400ex! :eek2: Granted the YFZ should eat me for lunch, so all I can figure is it must have been rider error.
He complained of lack of traction so I swapped lanes with him twice, with no change in the results! I got about 3 quad legnths on him out of the hole, and he would start to reel me in at about 75 yards from the start.

I think he is looking to swap his YFZ for a 400ex! J/k:D

LTandRaptorider
02-08-2004, 08:47 PM
You gotta be chittin me!!! :eek2: A 400ex with only a pipe, walked his dog FOUR times!!! He's giving the YFZ a bad name. Clyde, you've been officially cut outta my will... :eek: Honest to god, I tried to bring the boy up right... I still say he ain't mine! If only the suitcase I left him in, on someones doorstep wouldn't have had my return address on it... :( Ahhh... just kiddin Clyde, you'll gettem at the race this weekend, I'll bring my camera... and helmet! Wouldn't be the first time I had to pinch hit for him! :eek2:

Pappy
02-08-2004, 08:49 PM
oh the shame:devil:

LTandRaptorider
02-08-2004, 08:52 PM
oh the shame:devil:

yep! Santa should be calling him to lead his sleigh at night... :o

RIDER11X
02-08-2004, 09:02 PM
Should I mention that after coming up a bit short on a 30-40ft double, and rolling in the snow shortly after with watering eyes, Crazy Honda grumbles what his next peice of protective apparel will be.........................................

http://internationaljock.com/images/products/bikeproflexcupthumb.jpg

:devil:That boy sure does have a way of make riding fun!:devil:

Not much padding in that part of the seat I guess.:rolleyes:

LTandRaptorider
02-08-2004, 09:04 PM
Should I mention that after soming up a bit short on a 30-40ft double, and rolling in the show shortly after with watering eyes, Crazy Honda grumbles what his next peice of protective apparel will be.........................................

Wouldn't a peanut shell do the trick for him?? :confused: :devil:

sudsracer400
02-08-2004, 09:49 PM
Man you guys are hard on Crazyhonda. I might have to travel down to Greene County on Sunday see whats going on. Unfortunatly I will be a spectator cause the quad is still in many mant mant pieces and wont be ready till march:confused:

RIDER11X
02-08-2004, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by sudsracer400
Man you guys are hard on Crazyhonda. I might have to travel down to Greene County on Sunday see whats going on. Unfortunatly I will be a spectator cause the quad is still in many mant mant pieces and wont be ready till march:confused:

I'll be the photographer again!:D See you there!:cool:

sudsracer400
02-08-2004, 09:54 PM
You got some crash footage of me last year

RIDER11X
02-08-2004, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by sudsracer400
You got some crash footage of me last year

Yea, made for some good pics..............But I wish everyone safe racing this year!:cool: Crazy Honda was trying to get me to race with him this year, but hasn't brought it up again after our drags today!:D

ILGNCC400EX
02-08-2004, 10:17 PM
you guys are about the same size aint ya

RIDER11X
02-08-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by ILGNCC400EX
you guys are about the same size aint ya

Ummmmmm....nope. I'm 6'2" @270 and he is about 5'9"@200lb. He got the advantage with less weight.:D

RIDER11X
02-08-2004, 11:30 PM
BTW, did I mention that I'm not drag racing him unless it is really muddy, or snowy, or icey? :D Weight = traction!;)

I'm not too proud..............I'll take a win any way I can get it! Crazy Honda's machine flat out hauls arse (when in capable hands;) )

ILGNCC400EX
02-08-2004, 11:46 PM
Ouch

Crazy Honda
02-09-2004, 10:43 AM
All I can say is don't lose any sleep over it with Crazy Honda at the controls! We dragged on a icey/snowy gravel lane with moderate traction, that was straight and flat for about 100 yards were we raced. I won 4 of 4 with a CT piped 400ex! :eek2: Granted the YFZ should eat me for lunch, so all I can figure is it must have been rider error.
He complained of lack of traction so I swapped lanes with him twice, with no change in the results! I got about 3 quad legnths on him out of the hole, and he would start to reel me in at about 75 yards from the start.

I think he is looking to swap his YFZ for a 400ex! J/k:D

just rember he had60 extra pounds and hole shots on ice/snow. as soon as I hit some of the gravel about 3/4 of the way down I pulled on him like he was sitting still and for the record I had him the first time so he shortend the drag by 20 feet :rolleyes:

Crazy Honda
02-09-2004, 10:49 AM
Should I mention that after coming up a bit short on a 30-40ft double, and rolling in the snow shortly after with watering eyes, Crazy Honda grumbles what his next peice of protective apparel will be.........................................

Not much padding in that part of the seat I guess.:rolleyes:

He's right my next mod...lol still cant sit long :eek:

RIDER11X
02-09-2004, 11:39 AM
just rember he had60 extra pounds and hole shots on ice/snow. as soon as I hit some of the gravel about 3/4 of the way down I pulled on him like he was sitting still and for the record I had him the first time so he shortend the drag by 20 feet :rolleyes:

:p That line I put on the road was the same one we used all four times, and the first one was the only one that could have possibly been a tie............if I wasn't two inches ahead of you!:D

I'm just getting maximum enjoyment out of this while conditions favor me, however, I thought a good racer was someone who can adapt to all conditions and still win.:eek:

Nice ride Crazy Honda, keep it in one peice!

Crazy Honda
02-09-2004, 11:48 AM
The line we finished at was the same but the start moved up :rolleyes: did you say I was 2 inches ahead of you

RIDER11X
02-09-2004, 12:00 PM
The line we finished at was the same but the start moved up :rolleyes: did you say I was 2 inches ahead of you
:huh

RIDER11X
02-22-2004, 08:23 PM
Well, I rode with Crazy Honda today after he installed his new LRD system, and as tough as this is to say............................................... ........That machine rips! Wow! Definitly the machine I would buy if I got serious about racing again. I can't believe I just typed that!:eek2:

But, before your head swells crazy honda, remember, I still got more tricks up my sleeve that you have yet to see, so make all the time in the open areas that you can because tight woods is still my domain.:macho :D :D