PDA

View Full Version : New factory sponsorships

trout
02-03-2004, 07:46 AM
I read on yfz central that yamaha signed Jerimah Jones, Bill Ballance and shane Hitt and I think Duvall, any truth to this? anyone else heard this?

just curious, sure would be nice to have yama, suzi, and honda all with factory riders, reminds me of back in high school when Kawasaki had Jimmy white on three wheels, honda had marty hart and suzuki had gary denton. Those were the good old days,

sure looks like they have returned!

trout

trout
02-03-2004, 12:26 PM
bump,

anyone heard this as well?

thanks

jcv400ex
02-03-2004, 12:50 PM
Yeah, I believe it's sad but true.....the "good ole days" aren't as sweet as you'd think. They almost ruined atv racing as it was, and if it wasn't for Arens, Lonestar, Denton and the boys, we'd all be riding on two wheeles. Now we're going to go and screw the same companies AGAIN, by not allowing their aftermarket frames into the pro class? Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawi, they do not really care about quad racing.....they just want the power....and we've given it back to them....:( Now they have the leverage to destroy ATV racing again....

trout
02-03-2004, 01:13 PM
point well taken, I see your argument

havent thought of it that way, perhaps the aftermarket boys can find a way to exploit the current situation as they did in the past, however retooling and changing company focus can be expensive.

I was looking at it more in this way:

with renewed factory involvement, we might return to the days of yearly improvements to help win races and thus, giving us better bikes each year. Instead of BNG as usual.

trout

jcv400ex
02-03-2004, 01:28 PM
yeah, I guess your right. They did update the quads back then. I don't see that happening for a couple more years. They're too set in their ways I think. It's going to take an act of God to get them to change the length of a swing arm, or the angle of a a-arm now I think. :) The next 5 years are going to be very important for us. I hope we continue to grow support with the new exposure.

trout
02-03-2004, 01:40 PM
JVC, I remember you from cannondale riders.com I sold my dale a year ago or a little less, I sure miss it. I loved that Bull!! Nothing pulled like it, do you have an opinion , by the seat of your pants, as to how it fares to the YFZ and or the Honda?

how are parts these days wit hFrank white at the helm?

just curious

trout

jcv400ex
02-03-2004, 01:46 PM
I just sold mine last month. :( I couldn't get parts in a timely manner from anyone. I never did try ATK, but everyone else let me down. I miss the old girl too! Seat of the pants, I like the power delivery alot better than the Yamaha. The YFZ has weird bottom end power delivery, I don't care for it. The Honda, 4punksdad just got a new Honda this past weekend and was doing some dragging with it. The Cannondale holds it's own, and usually could pull away! :D

But, I'm still leaning towards a new TRX next summer, I'm waiting to see the next generation of Cannons before i buy something.

I'm riding a 86 R now, forgot how easy it should be to change a spark plug and clean your airfilter!

Tommy 17
02-03-2004, 02:02 PM
"You don't want the average person to be able to go down to the dealer and pick-up the same thing a professional uses. Plus the pro class guys should be allowed to fully display their talent on machines that are capable of this. We think the pro class should be put on a pedestal. In other words, the average dude down the street can't go buy a 2002 Monte Carlo and qualify for the Daytona 500. The same aplies in ATV racing."

walsh said that and its perfect... they are screwing everyone over... like 5 or 6 guyz are makin out from this... all the other guyz are gettin screwed over... and the it cost 20,000$ to build teh quad is b.s. it ends up to be exactly the same to build a laeger 500 link 450f or guy buy ur trx450r and then mod it out to be RACE READY... ur still lookin at well over 15,000$ +

Brad
02-03-2004, 03:09 PM
I think if the companies get involved, which they have, there is going to be an incresed popularity to the sport, more people will watch if they have it televised, the companies pay for that, as it grows the sport will grow, pros will get paid more, more people will become pros because of the added bonus that you get that fat paycheck at the end of the month. the sport will florish, but then more and more people who act like pros will go out and kill themselves on atvs, could be an upper or a downer i just hope what the future has in store for us is pleasent and by us i mean the atv community.