PDA

View Full Version : battery won't charge

44oEX
02-03-2004, 05:59 AM
I have a little problem. My battery won't charge. The wires are all tight and the battery is almost new. If I charge the battery with a charger it will hold the charge no problem and the bike runs great but after a couple start the battery goes dead. if I run in the day time it's good for some time but *** soon as I turn on the lights for night time riding, I loose all the batery power in about 20 min. the bike still runs good but I can't see where Im going and if I stop it does'nt have anough power to start again.

I think it's probably the stator. can any body tell me witch wire is soposed to have power ( live ) in the wires that are coming out the motor ( from the stator ). could it be anything else???

4TraxRider
02-03-2004, 10:30 AM
It's got something to do with your rechaging system. It's only holding as much charge as your putting in, and when you turn the lights on it drains the battery quicker than a few starts.

44oEX
02-03-2004, 12:16 PM
I know it' s the charging system. that is why I asked witch wires where supposed to be live. I think the stator is shot it's only giving power to the plug. if the lights go dead and I turn them off the battery will not re charge. I have to get it on a charger.

sandspanker
02-03-2004, 08:52 PM
:( I have seen this a coupple of times. check the regulator on the subframe on the battery side it is the square grey box with the cooling fins. pull the connector out and check the pins on the regulator,I have seen 2 of these go bad there is probley a pin burnt in two. Im am pretty sure this is your problem. Let me know if you find anything different.:D