PDA

View Full Version : Honda 450r or LTZ400?

lfsgp
02-03-2004, 05:18 AM
First of all i want to congradulate you for the site, it`s really good!!
Ok, so i am from Portugal and i am looking for a new quad. I have a 4stroke 3wheeler honda since 8 years old, and that gave me a lots of driving experience. Its reliability never disapointed me. Now i am 23 and i want somethig that guives me no maintaince problems that it starts at first time all the time and that can go riding about 8 or 9 hours with no problems. I was looking for the suz ltz400 because peolpe told me it was a quad for every kind of use, very reliable and most of all very easy to use. The problem is that i am afraid it`s easy-to-use character will become boring after one week!! (i have tried a litle modified 400ex and after 30m it didn`t had nothing new...) People told me it was the best choice because of its overall capability and because of the electrical start and the reverse.... but then i saw the honda 450r... (here in potugal it costs almost the same as the suzuki) ...and i can`t stop thinking about it!!! Does it have all i want? (forget the reverse and electrical start) i know it has a much powerful engine but, is it VERY reliable? or is it for RACE ONLY? maybe the shocks are too hard for wekeend riding? HELP!!! i can`t decide myself!

02-03-2004, 05:37 AM
you can always get new shocks...i wouldn't get a z400 if you didnt like your 400ex, there almost the exact same thing.....you might like the trx450r better & yes, the shocks are rough, but you can have them revalved.

lfsgp
02-04-2004, 02:11 PM
it looks that you guys didn`t liked my post... there are no reply`s!
Jumbo 747, you have to understand that here in portugal we don`t have much quad race experience, and when i saw your posts about trx450 you guys just talked about racing!! that`s why i have doubts about it. Do you think it`s more suitable for everyday use than the z400?

02-04-2004, 05:21 PM
sure it is, just dont put a million and half mods on it, and if you do, make sure they are alldone right.. i would go for it, its a nice fourwheeler. and i dont know much about its reliability, other then the fact that hondas are always reliable..

lsittingbull
02-07-2004, 10:40 PM
Well you have decided what you want when you didn`t want electric start and reverse. But the z-400 is a reliable bike and very detuned from the factory. The drz-400(same bike motor as a z-400) came with 40+hp from the factory stock.