PDA

View Full Version : Rear brake/ axle help please

mc1984
02-02-2004, 09:43 PM
I just purchased a 1993 Honda 300ex. I love the thing it just needs a little tlc. the one major thing I need to fix is the rear brake. I noticed that the rear caliper rocks forward when the rear brake is applied. I found out that the brake stay bushing on the swingarm is missing. I am going to pull it apart tomorrow to put the bushing in to prevent it from rocking. Anyway, in my factory Honda manual it shows an o-ring on each side of the caliper mounting bracket. (2 different size o-rings) When I went o my dealership to order the parts their diagram only shows 1 o-ring on 1 side of the bracket. What is right? Does anybody know?

If someone could please clear this up for me it would be really appreciated. Also is there anything else i should know before I dig into this project???

Thanks in advance for all your help!!!
It is appreciated.

Mike

JOEX
02-02-2004, 10:02 PM
Welcome to the site:)

I looked sat the schematic at www.servicehonda.com and the 300 seems to have the same set up as the 400. There is an o-ring on the inside and a snap ring (cerclip) on the outside of the caliper stay bracket. I have redone the rear on my 400, it's not that difficult with a little common sense and mechanical inclination. ;)

Does it have a parking brake block off? How are the pads? These are a couple of things you might want to do while you have it apart.

Joe