PDA

View Full Version : Jetting Help.....

08-19-2001, 09:57 PM
Hey. My buddy has a 2001 Honda 400EX. He just ordered a White Bros. head pipe w/White Bros. E-Series Pro Meg silencer and K&N w/outerwear. Should he rejet his carb? If so what should he rejet it to? And what are the stock jets? I know how to re-jet a carb (I have done my Banshee enough) just have no clue as to what the stock jets are and what he should go to. Thanks for all your help.................www.angelfire.com/extreme2/yambanshee

Razorback
08-20-2001, 07:41 AM
You didn't mention if he has a modified or no air box lid. He won't get much improvement unless he increased the air flow. The stock jetting is 38 pilot, 148 main and middle position on the needle. With increased air flow, a good starting place for him would be 42 pilot, 160 main and put the clip second position up from the bottom. Then change from there as needed to get it dialed in right. He will really like the setup once he gets it right.

08-20-2001, 08:21 AM
Right now his airbox is stock. But I think he wants to remove his lid and run an outerwear lid. Thanks for the help...........www.angelfire.com/extreme2/yambanshee