PDA

View Full Version : Need More TC Racing info

NacsMXer
02-02-2004, 10:24 AM
For my high compression fully built 440 motor, would the TC Racing exhaust be any good for me? I am favoring it because you can still add the discs for the spark arrester and it is similar to my CT midrange pipe I had before the motor was being built. I now need to buy a system with an oversized headpipe. Is it true that the TC shorty silencer works with the stock headpipe and needs the headpipe to be cut in order to work properly? Can I buy a TC silencer that will mate up to an oversized headpipe? Thanks so much.

Dave400ex
02-02-2004, 02:55 PM
The TC does work with the stock header. You cut 5 1/2 inches off the header. It is a great pipe for bottom end, racing, etc. I am not sure on the oversized head pipe. I know Chad was running the stock header with the TC pipe on his 505ex stroker! You could get a stock replacement header that is bigger, like an FMF hi-flow. Let me know if you want a TC, I am looking at selling mine!

NacsMXer
02-02-2004, 05:03 PM
Just gonna go with the Hi-Ouput CT I think then, I need to have an oversized pipe and I dont wanna be chopping anything off my exhaust just for a "shorty" look. Thanks for confirming my thoughts. Ceramic coating doesnt hurt either.

TCracin440ex
02-03-2004, 11:22 AM
dave how much u aimng to get for that exhaust