PDA

View Full Version : 450R ride report w/ pics

kgbg
02-02-2004, 09:13 AM
WOW!
I definetly got what I paid for, it was worth the wait. This thing is awesome. It was like I was on my 400ex, that was alot lighter, better handling, and ALOT FASTER! It was like a 4 stroke 250R with a little more seat height, I only noticed this when jsut sitting, not while riding. It loves to jump, lands perfectly almost every time. I fealt like it had at least as good, probably better suspension than my aftermarket set up from my 400 ( Works all around +3 a arms ans +4 axle).
The axle from my 400ex fit great, gave me no problems, chain wore perfectly, good to go.
I lined it up a few times. The conditions were awkward. I ran w/ and w/ out paddles, I could tell no difference. I was able to beat any taker, although there were not too many down there. I did beat a few YFZ450's. One piped, one not, one with cam mod and stock no baffle. I did not race up the whole hill until the end of the day. It was a weird set up for the hill, only two lines one w/ worse woops. I raced this kid on a 450(Y) who I beat pretty good (3-4 lenghts) until we got ont he hill pulling, then I started to pull away. We switched sides (me onthe bad woops) I was behind through the woops, missed a shift, must have been 50 yrds behind, I caught ans passed him byt hte top of the hill. I outweighed everyone I raced. It was not even a race against pred's, raptors, or Z400 (mostly stock, a few with pipes). Since the conditions were so weird, and changing drasticlly through out the day, I will hold off all claims to what is REALLY faster until more people are there, more controlled conditions. But I will say, its was FAST.
The dunes were covered in snow, this is the second time I have been there when its was covered. Its cool to pitch it sideways in 5th gear pinned and drift for a few hundred yards. I do believe the nut who tubed downt he valley (the BIG hill) had the most fun of everyone!

http://www.theatvcompound.com/forums/uploads/post-96-1075736192.jpg

kgbg
02-02-2004, 09:14 AM
http://www.theatvcompound.com/forums/uploads/post-96-1075736240.jpg

All the boys rides ( I SMOKED them all)

kgbg
02-02-2004, 09:15 AM
http://www.theatvcompound.com/forums/uploads/post-96-1075736323.jpg

My bro in law, Marty, on his sweet 265R

sjw1176
02-02-2004, 09:18 AM
i agree with you kgb these quads are great, i rode mine in the snow all day yesterday... tons of power jumps great too

Maxx_Action
02-02-2004, 09:23 AM
hmph....

at least someone had fun this weekend. http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/q/sad.gif I haven't been able to ride at all for the last two weeks except to start it and run it up and down the drive. Lucky dog...

Maxx

p.s. No suprise that you smoked those other machines, your quad looks great.

r450rr
02-02-2004, 01:26 PM
yep good looking quad.. cant wait to get mine in...damn dealers, whats up with them not gettin my r in and everyone elses..lol

but anyways cool pics and nice quad..

brif
02-02-2004, 04:46 PM
Where are those dunes at?

Honda
02-02-2004, 04:57 PM
Where are they at. Snow? And Dunes? What a hoot that would be!!!

:p

LostCause439
02-02-2004, 05:29 PM
(I did beat a few YFZ450's. One piped, one not, one with cam mod and stock no baffle. I did not race up the whole hill until the end of the day. It was a weird set up for the hill, only two lines one w/ worse woops. I raced this kid on a 450(Y) who I beat pretty good (3-4 lenghts) until we got ont he hill pulling, then I started to pull away. We switched sides (me onthe bad woops) I was behind through the woops, missed a shift, must have been 50 yrds behind, I caught ans passed him byt hte top of the hill.)

Although i do not believe this its good to hear that the bike is performing great. Got any more pics

joeroadking
02-02-2004, 05:59 PM
OMG the pics are awesome!!, I love how the 450 looks and that place looks like heaven to ride the pic of the 250r in the air is great. makes me wish it was spring in boston !!, good luck with the new ride and thanks for the photos! so will it smoke the 250r in a drag? honest answer please thanks joe:D

bigz-71
02-02-2004, 08:29 PM
did you say that you used your aftermarket axle out of your 400ex? if that is what you said, did you have to do anything special to make it fit or does it just slide right in?

JOEX
02-02-2004, 08:56 PM
Great pics dood:)

02-02-2004, 10:07 PM
SAWEEEETT PICS!!!

Woody_YFZ
02-03-2004, 01:24 AM
That's little Sahara in Utah. I'd be glad to take my YFZ and race you up the hill down there. I'd like to settle a few rumors myself, no matter what the outcome. A little better weather would be nice though.

kgbg
02-03-2004, 08:23 AM
Lost Cause. I don;t care what you believe. Go reread my post. Does it sound like I said It was the fastest or a YFZkiller? No, I said I beat a few, the conditions were weird and the set ups were weird.
Woody, I don;t start rumors. I am sure we will run into each other there.
Bigz71 Yes its a 400ex axle, it took some custom machining and a 250R axle collar.

02-03-2004, 12:55 PM
whoever said that they didnt belive you about winning, dont even bother trying to convince them you are right..

Would you belive my thundercat1000 got beat by a 03 ski doo 600 in a 100 foot drag? See i tell you this, but dont give you details and thats how flaming starts.. And now when i tell you he raced on packed down trail, he had a 2 inch paddle track, and i raced in abotu a foot and a half of snow, then you think different, right? that is if you know anything about sleds..

o yes, Your 450 looks fu**ing awesome, i love those machines already.

sweet300ex
02-03-2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by bobby88
Your 450 looks fu**ing awesome, i love those machines already.
I'll 2nd that

LostCause439
02-03-2004, 02:20 PM
Kgbg, wasnt starting with you just explain yourself better in the first post next time.

kgbg
02-03-2004, 03:40 PM
OK Whatever you say..........................

LostCause439
02-03-2004, 04:12 PM
:devil: So got anymore pics

kgbg
02-03-2004, 04:38 PM
A fewhttp://www.theatvcompound.com/forums/uploads/post-96-1075850887.jpg
http://www.theatvcompound.com/forums/uploads/post-96-1075850986.jpg
http://www.theatvcompound.com/forums/uploads/post-96-1075851027.jpg

Woody_YFZ
02-03-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by kgbg
Lost Cause. I don;t care what you believe. Go reread my post. Does it sound like I said It was the fastest or a YFZkiller? No, I said I beat a few, the conditions were weird and the set ups were weird.
Woody, I don;t start rumors. I am sure we will run into each other there.
Bigz71 Yes its a 400ex axle, it took some custom machining and a 250R axle collar.

I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers, I'm just curious and would like to see it myself. Maybe I'll see you down there some time this spring. The truth is I try really hard not to get into this matchup thing and I'm sorry if that's the way I came across. The truth is I really don't care either, just got caught up in the moment.

kgbg
02-03-2004, 05:02 PM
Woody, its cool. I did not really take it that way from you, just saying it was not a rumor. I made a mistake even posting these resluts ect. I tried to be as objective as possible, saying many variables were factored in ect. I even said I thought the YFZ was faster stock for stock. But I still get these clowns calling me a liar. What sucks is I only did it because everybody wants to know what the deal is. I will speak softly and carry a big stick from now on.;)

Woody_YFZ
02-03-2004, 05:06 PM
I hear you and I do thank you for the report.

bran_276
02-03-2004, 05:38 PM
kgbg, Sweet looking bike! They say that the 450r has a light front end....did you have any problems going up the face of Sand Mountain?

r450rr
02-03-2004, 06:59 PM
yea i enjoy those pics alot.. post more if u have them:eek2:

Scottie Mac
02-03-2004, 07:12 PM
But I still get these clowns calling me a liar. What sucks is I only did it because everybody wants to know what the deal is. I will speak softly and carry a big stick from now on.;)

You have to have thick skin on this forum, don't let people you don't even know keep you from posting an opinion or results.

I for one like the pics.

Scottie

MIA450R
02-03-2004, 07:13 PM
Hey KGB...

I still think you're lying that you got your 450R...

;) :D :D ;)
:D LMAO :D
;) :D :D ;)

Maxx_Action
02-03-2004, 07:18 PM
Woody, its cool. I did not really take it that way from you, just saying it was not a rumor. I made a mistake even posting these resluts ect. I tried to be as objective as possible, saying many variables were factored in ect. I even said I thought the YFZ was faster stock for stock. But I still get these clowns calling me a liar. What sucks is I only did it because everybody wants to know what the deal is. I will speak softly and carry a big stick from now on.;)

Yo KGB...

I believe you. I have said from the beginning that the TRX and the YFZ would be practically neck and neck. When you are racing through nasty woops it's very hard, and a lot of guys can't do it right. If you can you can accelerate through places where most guys just try to hang on. Anyway I am glad you are having fun with it. You ever want to climb some real hills (ones with trees around and big nasty roots across them and stuff)http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/k/turn.gif( I have looked like this a few times) come on over to my neck of the woods.

Maxx

khen
02-03-2004, 09:05 PM
Boy, you guys sure make a hard decision harder.. I have permission from the wife to go pick me up a new quad(she wants my 400EX real bad :) ). I thought I finally decided on the YFZ today but now I can't decide again. :confused:

I love seeing the pictures of Little Sahara! It's my home away from home in the summer time and I miss it badly. I might have to make a trip despite the bone chilling temps.

exrider44
02-03-2004, 10:55 PM
Sweet pics man your really making me want to leave weak New Jersey!

Woody_YFZ
02-03-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by khen
Boy, you guys sure make a hard decision harder.. I have permission from the wife to go pick me up a new quad(she wants my 400EX real bad :) ). I thought I finally decided on the YFZ today but now I can't decide again. :confused:

I love seeing the pictures of Little Sahara! It's my home away from home in the summer time and I miss it badly. I might have to make a trip despite the bone chilling temps.

I hear you there, I hope we get a chance to go down there in a couple of weeks.

kgbg
02-04-2004, 12:24 PM
Scotty Mac,
I hear what you are saying, but I am not a glutton for punishment. I try to help people and shoot straight. Its cool. I will steer clear of this site. I remember the people who are dicks, problem is they don't. They talk crap, then ask me questions. Like I am going to give them the time of day. I am not saying its anybodys loss that I wont help. But I wont anymore.

Scottie Mac
02-04-2004, 03:53 PM
Kgbg,

You are taking this site and those members WAY TOO SERIOUS!!!

Remember this little saying...... Everyone is a bad *****, know it all racer boy behind a keyboard. And probably 80% of the stuff said and read on the internet is BS!!!!

Don't let that keep you away. Too many people have died for our freedom of speech to let something like that bother you!!

Scott

kgbg
02-04-2004, 04:17 PM
Scottie, Respectfully: I understand what you are saying. I have never taken it personal, which is what I think you meant. I could care less what some kid behind a keyboard says to me. I just don't care to be a part of it, thats all. Saying That
SEE YA!

JWhite
02-04-2004, 04:26 PM
I could care less what some kid behind a keyboard says to me. I just don't care to be a part of it, thats all. Saying That
SEE YA!

Very well said.

adema
02-04-2004, 06:42 PM
how about posting some pics of ur mean Trx jumping and wat is the fastest bike out of the three.