PDA

View Full Version : 416 or higher comp. ratio?

crashinmatt
02-26-2002, 06:51 AM
Ok, I was wondering what is involved with a 416 kit. I just want the piston and maybe a cam. What does it take to install? My real question is should I even get the 416 or should I just get a higher compression piston for my stock bore? I plan on getting a 440 kit this coming winter, and I'm thinking about running alcohol. Would the 416 be a waste of money. By the way I'm gonna be racing MX locally, that's why I want more power. Just basically wondering would thw 416 be a waste for me, and what is involved with installing the kit?

02-26-2002, 06:58 PM
You forgot to mention the most important thing--- how much money you have to burn!
Seriously- your sig shows a pretty tricked out quad! I would save the motor mods for later if you are going to redo them this coming winter anyway. put the money into things that will support the motor later, such as a complete exhaust system, bigger carb, etc. All these things really help bring out the performance of a modded engine but aren't too noticable stock but if you really mod the motor you will need them anyway. :p

crashinmatt
02-26-2002, 08:21 PM
I thought about just waiting. As far as the money goes, I don't really have that much right now, but by winter I will have plenty for a complete kit. I was just wondering if others thought that it might be a waste just to just something that was going to get replaced. I'm planning on converting over to alcohol sometime soon. I haven't heard of any real bad things about using alcohol. The worst I've heard so far, is that you need to "purge" the motor and carb with gas after you're done riding. The power and the decrease in temps. heavily out weigh that. So, I have no problems with my motor now, so I believe that alcohol alone should please me until I get a complete kit. By the way, thanks 2slow for noticing what I've done with my quad.