PDA

View Full Version : anyone put some track time on it this weekend?

quadrcr161
02-02-2004, 08:05 AM
sunday i loaded up and rode to a local MX track that was having practice. i have played with my shocks a little, changed tires and added everything in the hrc kit except the cam, im use to 2 strokes so i didnt feel comfortable fooling with it. i got there and saw 2 more 450rs there. a group up guys that had a 450r smoking almost everyone and it was bone stock, a few yfz ownersi never met called me an idiot for buying something without electric start :confused2 . i put some lap times on it and this bike runs and handles great. the power is smooth and the suspension althought a little too high works great. im sure axis and elka's work better, but this is all stock suspension. the quad tore up the corners and could slide around with ease. i had a little problem with pushing some times but over all it felt very smooth. since im not much of a mxer and been out of riding for so long i didnt hit some of the larger jumps and worked my way up to the mid sized ones. i cased a few and it didnt hurt as much as i planed, actually the suspension soaked it up and kept going. i think with a little fine tuning it will be very competive. over all i am pleased and will be going home tonight to inspect everything and see how it held up.
anyone care to add their track experience?

after the 2nd round of practice.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid102/p21c8dfdb040e0264ceee0d2fdc2db4b5/f9bd499f.jpg

gibson400ex
02-02-2004, 08:49 AM
where did you get those tires/rims front and rear?

Glad to see you got those yfz 450 owners pist off!

glad to hear you kicked there asses!!!!! Cant wait to get ours and put our goodies on it!!!

quadrcr161
02-02-2004, 08:53 AM
the turfs came off of my 250r, my holeshot mxr isnt in yet they should be in the week. the fronts i ordered a while ago and was going to put them on my R, but i put them on the 450, that helped a lot. i woudlnt say i pissed them off, but i did pass a few yfz's and a few raptors and i was passed as well. it all came down to the rider and i was one of the slower ones out there but faster then some. :D im so sore this morning but it feels great.

rebelxug
02-03-2004, 02:13 PM
You should feel lucky I have 14-24" of snow on the tracks around here so it will be 2-3 months before I will be hitting any tracks.

4fiddyR
02-03-2004, 07:43 PM
DITTO that Rebel, I've had snow on the ground for over 3 weeks here, and today it is raining, we got a big soup bowl.
I'm going to pay to practice indoors in ohio next weekend.

norrisboat
02-03-2004, 09:12 PM
I raced mine on saturday. The bike is extremely light in the air. I can throw it with ease in the air. The brakes are phenomenal.

It doesnt like to rail the outside of turns. If you square off the turns it responds much better.

TheWolf
02-03-2004, 09:35 PM
I'm going to pay to practice indoors in ohio next weekend.

What day are you going up? Will you be there on that day for sure? let me know.

Woody_YFZ
02-04-2004, 01:06 AM
Right on, good write up. I have a hard time understanding why people (YFZ owners and TRX owners alike) have to rip on each other. It would be pretty lame if we all rode the same bikes.

Sportrax10
02-04-2004, 05:47 AM
I want to get mine to a track sooo much! Sounds like you had a good time...

PS 2000 post.:macho

seatec
02-04-2004, 06:06 AM
I am glad you are having such a positive experiance with your 450r. I bet you will tear it up once you really get used to it. It's one kick *** quad.

Glad to see you got those yfz 450 owners pist off! All i got to say is :rolleyes: very lame;)

Ward
02-04-2004, 06:27 PM
hey quadrcr161

I was one of the 450's you saw.............i think.
I parked down at the end of the road past the pond in a white Tacoma 4x4. It was nice to meet you.......maybe I'll se you there some other time :)

i had a good time on mine too. I was so sore from riding on Saturday I couldn't stay out for very long.
Monday morning I was really hurting. Been a long while since I rode :(

quadrcr161
02-04-2004, 09:52 PM
yea i remember you, glad you found the site. its got some good information. we had a good crowd of quads that day. i heard there was a 450 off 15th street tearing it up last saturday, was that you? hopefully i ll be able to get it out some more this weekend but ive got some things to do around the house. hey ward, PM me your info and well try to get togeather and hit a few tracks.