PDA

View Full Version : 450r are a joke

yellowrider
02-02-2004, 05:44 AM
i seen it in action...

and it came close beating a 310 r .. they where pretty much dead even..

looks a lot better in person.

got beat by a yamaha 439 ....

honda didnt put to much thinking in this machine...

oh did i mention it sounds like a piece of crap ..

i not trying to flame i own a honda..

just stating my opinion ..

SGA
02-02-2004, 06:47 AM
What do you mean sounds like crap? Thats the kind of comment that starts a flame war, and we dont want that. Makes us mods kinda itchy:)

ATC83
02-02-2004, 07:15 AM
Why would you be surprised that the Yamaha beat the TRX450. According to the dynos that I have seen on the net and the dyno numbers in the new issue of Dirt Wheels the Yamaha makes five plus more horse power more uncorked.

TGW_400ex
02-02-2004, 07:31 AM
but they were still tieing in drags....

twisted threads
02-02-2004, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by yellowrider
i seen it in action...

and it came close beating a 310 r .. they where pretty much dead even..

looks a lot better in person.

got beat by a yamaha 439 ....

honda didnt put to much thinking in this machine...

oh did i mention it sounds like a piece of crap ..

i not trying to flame i own a honda..

just stating my opinion ..

your opinion is a joke! thats my opinion... Have you rode one?? So what there a little light on the HP. Tell that to all the guys who got beat by Tim Farr there slow. We had a race over here were a guy on his stock trx450r smoked every one from start to finish tell the guys on there YFZ/400ex and 250r's in the race that there slow. Sounds like a piece of crap........:rolleyes: Well well see how much of a peice of crap it is at the end of the year. I do agree Honda could have done better in making it faster but I know they put there time in thinking this machine out. Im not flaming you I just a little tired of people that haven't put any seat time on it put it down. I know you have your owen opinion thats good but when you go onto a honda site and start bashing a bike that lots of your fellow Exriders have spent many hard earned dollars on you could think it over a little. thats my $.02 :cool:

joe1l
02-02-2004, 08:00 AM
Since when is drag racing a stock quad any fun? I never thought honda made this with intentions of being a drag bike. FYI... I have seen 310R's put out 70+hp and beat on modded banshees, its all in the porting for a 2 stroke. I don't know why everyone is so conserned how this bike will do in a drag race against the Yamaha. I'll ride my banshee or my R if i want to win a drag race. The simple fact is the Yamaha will out drag the honda in stock form....that didn't stop thousands of people from buying their 400ex's when the raptor came out. Both quads will handle excelent, so it will be a matter of preference when it all comes down to it! I never thought honda made the fastest stock quads to begin with look at a stock 250r, and stock 400ex, last I checked they dominated the racing scene for the last 16 years, so maybe just maybe honda might know what they are doing!!