PDA

View Full Version : X-33=16 different setups ?? Huh

Evan
02-25-2002, 10:04 PM
I have an X-33 and i just read somewhere that it has 16 different combinations of widths. How can that be. there is only 2 holes on each side(OK that didnt sound right) Somebody please tell me how I am stumped?:huh :huh

Canidule250r
02-26-2002, 01:34 PM
i can only think of 2 setup

setup 1=bent
setup 2=broken

beerock
02-26-2002, 02:55 PM
heh, if your axle doesnt snap right away you prolly have a good one.

I think you can do a variety of set ups with the axle:

+4
+2
+0

then you can do offset combinations like this:

+4 on the right side, and +2 on the left
+4 on right, +0 on the left
+4 on the right -2 on the left

or vice versa.
that would be for oval racing.'

I hope this helps!

Evan
02-26-2002, 04:16 PM
So far I havent bent it, it seems like a good solid axle but I will get a lonestar next. Has anyone heard of x-33s breaking or was that just the standard durablue kind? I have thought of all those setups but that still doesnt equal 16 where I come from, I dont think that it will even do that many. The only equal setups are -2 and +4 according to them. no +0 or +2 unless there is something I am missing.

86atc250r
02-26-2002, 04:20 PM
X-33's are also known for breaking (like the eliminators), but that's not their biggest fault...

The biggest problem lies with the pin drive. They continually work their way loose. If you run them loose for very long at all, the allenhead bolt (pin) will break, leaving you with only one tire driving the quad and the other to free disembark on a mission of it's own....

Take it from another X-33 owner - sell the thing on eBay while you can still get a good price for it and get a better axle (LSR or RPM).

PhilMoore
02-27-2002, 04:30 PM
I snapped a brand new X-33 off 45 minutes use after I installed it.

I didn't crash but my freind was right behind me and I am so glad he didn't land right on the wheel/broke axle pieces.

Evan
03-04-2002, 10:51 PM
I think Ive got it... You can leave the hubs on the rims then take them and flip them around and it will vary each hole by an inch so that you can do those 8 setups all over. Man I feel stupid.:huh

BTW anyone want a practically new X-33 w/hubs 400 bucks! I plan on buying a lonestar now.

mrusk
03-05-2002, 07:57 AM
I have a LSR axle. i have heard of them breakin but me and alot of people are happy with them. You best bet is a dominator. i never heard of one breaking.

matt

03-05-2002, 08:23 AM
Why pay more for a dominator,,when a LS has a lifetime warranty too,,,either way your gonna get a replacement for free..

86atc250r
03-05-2002, 08:30 AM
For the same reason I don't buy automotive starters & alternators from our auto local parts store...

They have lifetime warranties, but plan on replacing at least 5 before you get one that will hold. Starters and alternators cost a little more from a local rebuilder, but I have yet to have one fail from him...

It's never fun being somewhere cool and breaking your stuff - lifetime warranty doesn't do you much good at the track, or when you're beside the road with a dead car...

I'd much rather pay the little bit extra and not have worries in the back of my mind about breaking my axle when landing a big air jump when I'm at the dunes for a weekend, etc...

03-05-2002, 08:53 AM
I agree with ya gabe,,,my local autoparts store carries crappy alternators too,,been there done that...but on the axle thing,,I've not heard of LS axle's being junk as much as durablues,,,,,aren't dominator axles $100 more than lonestars..

86atc250r
03-05-2002, 09:02 AM
True... That's really why I suggested either the LSR or Dominator...

Staying away from Durabreak is the main thing... They seem to be the equivelent of the crappy local parts store alternators :)

Chef
03-05-2002, 09:04 AM
My LSR axle is great, its held up to a few jumps that were about 70 feet...but that was in the sand, so it might be softer than dirt...it sure does make it wide in the back when its sitting next to a stock crapturd...:D

03-06-2002, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by 86atc250r
True... That's really why I suggested either the LSR or Dominator...

Staying away from Durabreak is the main thing... They seem to be the equivelent of the crappy local parts store alternators :)

That local parts store isn't,,,autozone,,by chance is it??? Junk dealers,,if ya ask me...

I'm hopin I can keep the LSR on there longer than 9 months,,that's how long the durablue lasted,,I'm also watching my wieght,,maybe that will help..:D

86atc250r
03-06-2002, 09:09 AM
O'reillys... I used to work there...

Used to have about a 30% failure rate out of the box.. It got to where I'd pull them out of the box even before I took them out to the customer and make sure the alternators would at least turn by hand, then I'd put them on the test bench and make sure they at least charged. Same for the starters - make sure they at least operated before I sent someone off to install them.

You wouldn't believe the number of alternators that were locked up right out of the box - now that's quality control.....

I think most of the rebuilt starters & alternators offered by most parts chains are junk.... They've got their profit margins set too high & don't put the time into doing what really needs to be done.