PDA

View Full Version : How good are TCS' vs. PEP?!?

eastside 400
02-01-2004, 04:11 PM
alright i am wondering if TCS shocks are good for like C class motocross racing and just riding but jumping pretty big, if i get the TCS' i am getting the dual rate, comp. adjust, ride height adjust one's for $750. Or i should get the $750 PEP's that are the Limited Mass fronts, Triple rates with comp adjust, NO ride height adjust?? which set of shocks should i get, PEP or TCS, also if u kno a place where i can get these cheeper tell me, i found the prices from mxatvracing.com (http://www.mxatvracing.com/shocks.html#tcs)

-Thanks

K_Fulk
02-01-2004, 04:19 PM
Either set would work fine.

I like my pep's and they work good for me.

It would be nice having zps on the tcs shocks. And the tcs will more and likely show up on your door step quicker.

02-01-2004, 04:25 PM
tcs

roostin_dale
02-01-2004, 05:11 PM
both would be great for the C class.

But if you really want to know...PEP is better. Think of it this way..

How many pro class riders run TCS?=None
How many pro class riders run PEP?=Quite a few

Berry
02-01-2004, 06:05 PM
not dissing the TCS but i was talking too a pro rider and he told me the TCS are basicly an expensive Works shock. i would go with pep!

batgeek
02-01-2004, 06:14 PM
yeah and i believe everything an un-named "pro rider" tells me:rolleyes:

tnine416
02-01-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by batgeek
yeah and i believe everything an un-named "pro rider" tells me:rolleyes:

me too :rolleyes:

maybe if the works were re-valved then probably, you get what you pay for tcs=good shock, pep= good shock

unless your a really good rider I doubt you could tell a HUGE difference in the two, but from what I hear peps are softer and are popular at the mx track.

Berry
02-01-2004, 07:14 PM
some people call that mystery rider byrd man

RiPPiNiTuP7
02-01-2004, 08:07 PM
lmao:D

when you start comparing higher end shocks, its really hard to determine the "better" one, because they all are so good. tcs are great shocks, even for a and b class riders, and so are the peps. i would choose the one that you can get a better deal on, and have them to your door quicker, since they are so close in perfomance.

Mnewsom
02-01-2004, 08:21 PM
I have PEP's on my 250R and if I had it to do again I would save a bit more money and go with custom axis. They are without a doubt the best on the market.

jeff1984
02-01-2004, 08:33 PM
i like my rear stock tcs revalve (zps) but the fronts are a little bouncy. i have not tried anything else other than stock.

Chanman420q
02-01-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Mnewsom
I have PEP's on my 250R and if I had it to do again I would save a bit more money and go with custom axis. They are without a doubt the best on the market.

i think pappy made a comment saying he liked his standard travel elkas better than the LT axis

racerx573
02-01-2004, 11:47 PM
Axis is by far the best.
PEP is a close call though.

(It's pretty much like a Chevy vs. Ford argument)

The new TCS have Axis-looking bodies, and use Eibach springs (same as Axis). If anything, they must be an Axis knock off. The OOOLLLDD dual rate TCS used Works bodies, and 1/2" shafts. The new TCS are definitely better.

John Natalie ran TCS in '01, so there have been pro's running them. They probly just dont have all the money these other companies have, who have been around so much longer. So theyre prolly not able to sponsor that many pros. I hear they have decent support for amateur riders. I rode some standard travel TCS, and they were one of the best std. travels Ive ridden on.

QuadJunkies
02-02-2004, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by Berry
not dissing the TCS but i was talking too a pro rider and he told me the TCS are basicly an expensive Works shock. i would go with pep! not even close IMO........I havent heard one complaint for any of the locals who race with them, they have been TOTALLY happy with theres......;) alot is preference

seven
02-02-2004, 08:45 AM
When TCs first came out you could send in your works shocks and they would revalve them and put adjustable cans on them. I wonder if he will still do that?

thejeepdude
02-02-2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by racerx573
Axis is by far the best.
PEP is a close call though.

:rolleyes: Um.. if Axis is best "BY FAR" then how is PEP "CLOSE"? I mean they're either far or close... not both. :P

sprtrx300ex
02-02-2004, 01:42 PM
if I were you, I'd look for a nice set of used elkas, or new( more expensize). Elkas are good shocks.

brandonpeake
02-02-2004, 04:58 PM
sorry man but tcs and works are not even in the same class of shock
just my opinion, i rode both, but alot of the elka or axis argument is preference

eastside 400
02-02-2004, 06:25 PM
thanks guys, now remember what i said to compare, TCS and PEP's i know elka's and axis are good but way out of the price range. my options are TCS and PEP