PDA

View Full Version : Best Shocks for Cross Country?

Dave400ex
08-19-2001, 08:34 PM
What are the best shocks for cross country? I was leaning towards the PEP ZPS or Custom Axis. Once I get a new quad (hopefully a 650ex) I want to set it up for cross country. So what do you think, PEP or Custom Axis? Are any of the other shock brands any good. Give reasons why you think the one is better than the other. Please Help.

08-19-2001, 08:56 PM
Custom axis are the best shocks if money is not a concern. Pep is right there to, but not the zps. Zero preload is best for mx. Works triplerates are about the same performance wise, it's just a matter of how long you wan't them to last before rebuilds. You get what you pay for. The custom axis shocks are the highest quality and require fewer rebuilds, or more time in between servicing. According to shock connection, performance wise there is'nt that much difference between works and axis, just the quality. I love my triplerates for trail rides or jumping. Make sure when you buy shocks to tell them what kind of riding you do and they will build them for that. Sorry it's so long hope it helps.

AlaskaSpeed
08-19-2001, 08:56 PM
You have already asked this question in other posts and you said you were going to get Peps......What more do you want to know? JIM

Dave400ex
08-19-2001, 09:09 PM
I am double thinking it Jim. I want the best. I know I said I wanted the PEP ZPS, but for cross country you don`t want the quad low to the ground. Now I`m trying to figure out which ones to get.

AlaskaSpeed
08-19-2001, 09:21 PM
If you want the BEST shock, then go with the Custom Axis. Right there, next in line; in my opinion is Elka. They use the same shaft size, and very high quality machined aluminum, also great bearings, etc....I am telling you that you should talk to them and see what you think. You don't have to get triple rates with the SSD, they have many options from dual rates, etc...........JIM

Dave400ex
08-19-2001, 09:28 PM
Are Custom Axis shocks zero preload or SSD?