View Full Version : Shockwears Question???

RUTHLESS
02-01-2004, 11:10 AM
I HAVE READ THAT THE OUTERWEARS SHOCKWEARS CAN RUB OR WEAR THE POWDERCOATING/PAINT OFF OF YOUR SHOCKS SPRINGS, I WANT TO KNOW IF THIS IS TRUE BEFORE I DECIDE TO PURCHASE THIS TYPE OF PRODUCT. I HAVE ALSO READ THAT SOME OTHER COMPANIES MAKE THIS SAME PRODUCT OUT OF A WET SUIT TYPE OF MATERIAL AND IT DOES NOT WEAR ON YOUR SPRINGS FINISH. I THINK I HEARD DENTON MAKES THEN. WELL ANY HELP OR INFO ON THIS ISSUE WOULD BE GREAT AND IF YOU KNOW WHO SELLS OR MAKES THE WET SUIT TYPE OF COVERS POST A LINK OR ADDRESS/PHONE#
THANKS

02-01-2004, 11:16 AM
That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot. http://maddox.xmission.com/keyboard4.jpg

j/k....i dont run shockwears but i have alos heard that they do take paint off of your shocks after a few years of riding & leaving mud on there

crap-banshee32
02-01-2004, 11:38 AM
i wouldnt run regular shock wears....they do wear the paint off the shocks...and dirt still gets in.....

i use the PEP covers with teh zippers...they work great...dont wear on the shock and they keep everything out

Nick

AtvMxRider
02-01-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
That's the distance you'd have to move your pinky in order to not sound like an idiot. http://maddox.xmission.com/keyboard4.jpg

LMGDAO thats the funniest thing I have ever heard from you.:D

240GNCC400
02-01-2004, 03:24 PM
i have never had any kind of trouble with outerwears shock covers! been running them a long time and never wore the paint off my springs. they've lasted longer than other covers ive used too.

02-01-2004, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
LMGDAO thats the funniest thing I have ever heard from you.:D yay! :p

Quadworks
02-01-2004, 04:53 PM
OK enough of that! Now how about the info he wants. I would like to find out the same thing also.

02-01-2004, 05:26 PM
i did post the info he wanted...:rolleyes:

Quadworks
02-01-2004, 07:53 PM
Hey jumbo I don't see anywhere here that it says the company that makes the shock covers that are made from the wet suit material.

Nope just checked again and no website either.:confused:

02-01-2004, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by RUTHLESS
I HAVE READ THAT THE OUTERWEARS SHOCKWEARS CAN RUB OR WEAR THE POWDERCOATING/PAINT OFF OF YOUR SHOCKS SPRINGS, I WANT TO KNOW IF THIS IS TRUE BEFORE I DECIDE TO PURCHASE THIS TYPE OF PRODUCT. :rolleyes: dumbass

dirtmomma
02-01-2004, 09:26 PM
Well when you decide on if your gonna run some I make them out of nylon & I've had them on just a few months & they aren't doing anything to my shocks but then again they're just stockers :rolleyes: JOEX has a pair of them if you want to see what he thinks. Plus they go on & off pretty easy so sometimes I do take them off to get any mudd out but don't think I've ever seen any in there!!

Out_Sider
02-01-2004, 09:34 PM
arent the OuterWares shock wares made out of nylon?
I have seen some neopreen shock covers b4. but i dont see anything wrong with either one. its just paint, it'll wear off anyway with some use :rolleyes:

RUTHLESS
02-02-2004, 02:16 PM
TTT

the yella yak
02-02-2004, 10:46 PM
I have red outerwears on my 400ex. I've had them on for approx. 2 years. They have rubbed all the paint off of my front shocks where they are touching. I take emaculate care of my bike with no mud whatsoever getting on the shock, so it's prob gonna happen to anybody.
I've also heard-no proof-that they hold in heat and can contribute to premature overheating.
If I had it to do over again, I probably wouldn't run them.

They do look cool though.:D

JOEX
02-02-2004, 11:12 PM
Yep, I some of dirtmommas shock covers, they do fit better than the Outerwares. The Outerwares were very tight and did rub some paint off the springs but no rust has shown up, I don't know what metal the springs are made of though.

JD400exrider
02-02-2004, 11:43 PM
I have a pair of outerwears. They seamed to work OK on the stock shocks. Once I put them on my works shocks they started to wear the paint off. Too tight of fit on the works. I would assume it is the same on any after market shock.

Joex those dirtmomma covers look sweet. May have to try those. :D

As for the neopreme covers. A company called dirtskins makes some. I have heard good reviews on the pep covers also.

As for you jumbo747 chill out and show some class :devil:

shamisc
02-03-2004, 12:24 AM
gET tHE nEOPRENE kIND! tHEY wORK gREAT aND tHEY dON'T rUB tHE pAINT oFF! hEY jUMBO, wHAT kEY cAN i hIT tO mAKE mE nOT lOOK lIKE a dUMBASS??:confused: aLSO, hOW fAR wILL i hAVE tO mOVE mY pINKIE?? :devil:

shamisc
02-03-2004, 12:27 AM
What are the PEP covers made off ? Where can I get 'em ?

dirtmomma
02-03-2004, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by JOEX
Yep, I some of dirtmommas shock covers, they do fit better than the Outerwares. The Outerwares were very tight and did rub some paint off the springs but no rust has shown up, I don't know what metal the springs are made of though.

:D Thanks Joe I was hoping you'd post a pic of them ;) I have about 4 pr black fronts, 1red set of fronts,these would fit on 18" shocks (aftermarket) I also have a yellow pr fronts & blk fronts that would fit stock shocks, oh BTW I have a PINK pair for aftermarket fronts too :D :D We can give those to Jumbo :eek2: :devil: BE NICE JUMBO!!! :blah:
$25 SHIPPED to your door!!!