PDA

View Full Version : pop pop pop

EXerHonda400
02-01-2004, 09:02 AM
I left a post earlier last week and many people responded (THANK YOU). I fixed the backfiring problem, but now it is kind of popping through the carb. It sounds like a "puff" of air and then white smoke comes out into the airbox. I have a Power Kit in it, and the main jet is a DJ146 and i am using thier need, also the stock pilot jet is in and the mixture screw is 3.5 turns out as the K&N Book calls for. Any help would be appreciated.

JDiablo
02-01-2004, 11:56 AM
that is probably the oil that you put on your filter going into your piston and then it coming back out or something of that nature,did you over excessivly oil your filter,i read that about someone on here how white smoke came out of there airbox because of to much oil on the filter,im not 100percent sure tho

EXerHonda400
02-02-2004, 04:21 PM
SIMPLETON(ME), I had a little water in the gas. Drained some out of the tank, drained the bowl on the carb, added some HEET To the tank, cranked it up worked out what was left. Now it runs like a dream :D
Thanks for all the help.

sprtrx300ex
02-02-2004, 05:53 PM
EXerHonda400, what was causing the popping?

I have the sam pipe as you, and I can't seem to get it so completely stop popping. I think theres a leak.

EXerHonda400
02-02-2004, 06:10 PM
I had water in the gas, and my carb was slightly dirty and running rich.
Start it up and look for smoke coming form any connections. Mine had some coming from were the pipe conected to the adapter. I loosened the bolt holding it to the frame and pushed down to get it in there right, that helped big time try that and then get back to me. If that don't work, check your valve clearances, and timing. If you have an AIM screen name, you can contact me with ExerHonda400