PDA

View Full Version : HMF engineering slip-on

02-25-2002, 08:45 PM
Is it any good? It recomends you use a 160-170 main jet and like 2 or 3 turns out on air mixture( i think). What kind of performence increases does will it give me?

Guy400
02-26-2002, 05:06 AM
The HMF recommends that jetting using the DynoJet jets. They use a unique numbering system which is higher than standard Keihin jets. Do a search on "HMF pipe" and you'll see what I've said about it in the past. Performance increases are great for low/mid and you gain some top end power but it begins to trail off. You can't beat it for the money.

02-26-2002, 09:52 PM
This is the story I just bought the 400 from a friend of mine. He bought the pipe last year but never put it on. I wont be doing it for a few weeks yet no real big hurry wont be riding fro a while any ways.

What I am thinking about doing is putting the pipe on and getting it jetted correctly and cutting some holes in the air box lid if
I have to and maybe adding a K&N filter w/outerwear. HMF's site says to use 160-170 main jet. Is that Dyno jet or just a regular jet(from what Ive read I think the are differnt)? Also what about the needle clip and air screw? I dont know much about this sruff but have a buddy that knows how to do this. thanks for your guys help...

Stunz, I ve never ridden in Sanford. Is the a track there or you ride there or something? maybe we can get togther and ride sometime.

Guy400
02-27-2002, 04:57 AM
HMF recommendations are for the DynoJet kit. We did this with my cousin's 400EX using the DynoJet kit. We used the 170 main, no air box lid, a K&N filter with pre-filter, the 3rd or 4th lowest clip setting and I think 2-1/2 turns out on the air screw. If you buy the DynoJet kit it'll have all the instructions you need.

Live2Ride300
02-27-2002, 07:25 AM
Whats better HMF or Pro Circuit T-4??

02-27-2002, 07:30 AM
Should I buy the Dyno jey kit? Is it worth the money? and i dont plan on removing my air box lid completely but will cut some holes in it and put some screens in the holes if it is worth.

02-28-2002, 08:02 AM
Anyone else have any ideas for me?