PDA

View Full Version : Adelanto results

EXfireguy
02-25-2002, 08:22 PM
I raced the 22nd Adelanto Grand Prix this weekend on my 400EX. I raced the beginner class and came out 16th out of 52 riders. I was amazed at how many bikes that were nicely built with shocks, pipes, A-arms, etc... that I was passing on the track. The track was tough, a street start then through the desert, into a motorcross section. Each loop was 12 miles. Since the wind was dead it made for a dusty back section. Anyway, if anyone else raced let me know how you did. OH and by the way, IF you are the pro rider that was bangin' into me at the checkpoint that got punched in the helmet... Knock it OFF!!!

Later,
Chip:devil

03-01-2002, 07:13 PM
Hey Chip,

I was there. I came in 12th in the novice/beginner class. We must have finished within seconds of eachother. That dust was killer man. I couldn't see 2 feet in front of me. I did the water jump on my second lap and just about broke a rib. That stock 400ex suspension just doesn't cut the mustard eh? At any rate I had a good time and the turnout was pretty impressive.

- Scott

http://www.off-road.com/dirtbike/events/2002adelanto/quad/DSC_5018.jpg

EXfireguy
03-02-2002, 09:39 AM
Right on Scott. I was :44 behind you. I crashed going through the hay bails a little fast on my second lap and lost about 2:00. That dust killed me. I pulled 4th on the Holeshot and lost several positions each time I entered a dusty spot. Cautious I guess! Maybe next year we will have better suspension and will be able to run the bumps a bit faster.

Take Care man,
see you at the next race.
Chip