PDA

View Full Version : whats my problem?

slamedsilverado
01-31-2004, 11:09 PM
ok i got my quad about 2 months ago and for like 2-3 weeks now i been havin a problem w/ starting......... i push the button and notin then again and again and again.......then after about 2-5 min of that i finaly get click click click click.......... and then start............... what could be my problem............?

Pappy
01-31-2004, 11:12 PM
sounds like a bad ground. check your ground wire and the rest of your battery connections.

if they are all tight, pull apart the headlight/kill switch/start button assembly and clean it with electric contact cleaner

mustang93
02-01-2004, 07:06 AM
look for coroded terminals bad ground & if thats not it its probably a bad solinoid

crashinmatt
02-01-2004, 07:46 AM
also check the bolts holdin the sub frame onto the frame. i will have to admit, it happened to me once before i moved my battery, and i spent 2 days checkin wires, and connects with no help, i almost bought a new starter. but then i got the bright idea to try that and it worked. this also happened to a buddy of mine.

yellerfour00
02-02-2004, 06:13 AM
Your clutch wire that runs to the motor might be broke off and it thinks its in gear try pulling in the clutch when u start it ... Or wiggle the boot on top of the starter or pull that off and clean it it may be dirtyunder the boot..

JAson