PDA

View Full Version : The first race I've seen. TRX got beat by a YFZ.

Barely legal
01-31-2004, 09:34 PM
There is a post on another forum (don't know if I'm supposed to supply a link so I won't yet) of a stock YFZ with the baffle pulled beating a TRX with the HRC kit by 2 quad lengths. No jetting or air lid removal modifications were done to the YFZ.
They have pictures and I guess they raced at least three times. Both riders looked about the same size. Finally some real world results. No one is posting any here but I think races have taken place that no one wants to talk about.

Team Outlaw #34
01-31-2004, 09:36 PM
ok these posts are just plain old annoying.......

Barely legal
01-31-2004, 09:40 PM
I'm not trying to be annoying. A new quad is out and no one knows what its really about yet. I saw this result and for once it wasn't in a magazine.

Pappy
01-31-2004, 09:43 PM
2 idiots flyin down the road...whoopdy do:p

i dont think barely legal is trying to start chit.

hey we will see races go both ways. infact, i remeber the banshee beating the 250r in a drag race wayyyy back when they first came out. go figure eh? lol

JOEX
01-31-2004, 09:46 PM
Nothing wrong with a fair, honest and true race:)

Don't forget, rider ability comes into play;)

Joe

quadrcr161
01-31-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Team Outlaw #34
ok these posts are just plain old annoying.......

yep, and it has been posted in here. either you like the bike or not, get over it. i like mine but it will take some work to make it feel like my 250r, which any quad would need. the last few races i have been in i pulled the holeshot every time, and i could not get my 450 to launch like i like it. im going to a track tomorrow so i will have a better idea of how it feels. if your just going to bash the quad, save your time typing, your not going to change the minds of the people like me who already have one. seems like some (not all) yfz owners are getting as bad as some mustang and integra type R owners. if youve been around some of them you will know what im talking about. i have ridden the yfz and its a good bike, just not for me. i cant wait till the summer when every one gets over this cabin fever and can get out and go ride.

J-06
01-31-2004, 11:32 PM
Great Analogy, I totally agree with you on the integra type R owners thinking there gods great gift. With there 180hp V-Tec engines. Everytime i pass one on the Interstate not trying to be cocky in my Eclipse GST they feel the need to shift down and do a ricer blow by

robby26wi
01-31-2004, 11:36 PM
If all you meatheads want to drag race all day then sell what you have a buy a banshee...who the hell cares who wins the drag races....

lukester720
02-01-2004, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by Barely legal
There is a post on another forum (don't know if I'm supposed to supply a link so I won't yet) of a stock YFZ with the baffle pulled beating a TRX with the HRC kit by 2 quad lengths. No jetting or air lid removal modifications were done to the YFZ.
They have pictures and I guess they raced at least three times. Both riders looked about the same size. Finally some real world results. No one is posting any here but I think races have taken place that no one wants to talk about.

i have witnessed some real world results also! Its called the stadium series. It seems that a man named Tim Farr rides one of those crappy hondas you are always talking about has beaten quite a few yfz's in the 3 races that have been run thus far winning 2 of them. I have seen that you haven't posted the results of these races yet, but mabey you did not know about them. Or just mabey you didn't want to talk about them! lol

just having some fun don't flame out on me!

Pappy
02-01-2004, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by lukester720
i have witnessed some real world results also! Its called the stadium series. It seems that a man named Tim Farr rides one of those crappy hondas you are always talking about has beaten quite a few yfz's in the 3 races that have been run thus far winning 2 of them. I have seen that you haven't posted the results of these races yet, but mabey you did not know about them. Or just mabey you didn't want to talk about them! lol

just having some fun don't flame out on me!

try checking out the RACE COVERAGE section on this site. more then enough coverage of farr's wins. your statement "I have seen that you haven't posted the results of these races yet, but mabey you did not know about them. Or just mabey you didn't want to talk about them!" is exactly why we are having problems with members that dont pay attention yet still post statements such as this. i dont think you could consider Tim Farr and the staduim series in the same league as 2 rednecks hammering thru a field:p

Guy400
02-01-2004, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
try checking out the RACE COVERAGE i dont think you could consider Tim Farr and the staduim series in the same league as 2 rednecks hammering thru a field:p Why not? Monkeyboy and Slapnutz pretend they're Johhny C and Santas DaReesie's:D

Scottie Mac
02-01-2004, 08:50 AM
After the first turn, the rider is about 99% deciding factor who wins in a race. Farr hasn't been in first at the first turn yet, but he is a good enough rider to pass the other guys and win a couple of races.

And, no offense, until Gust, Byrd and most importanatly Jeramiah are all in the same race, I just consider these early races as the preseason.

Its gonna be a great year, I think Guy400 said it best, ALL THREE manufacturers will have wins this year. The machines are all too close and the riders (the top guys) are all so fast, they will be knocking each other off all year. WE are the ones who are going to benefit from this!

Scott

Pappy
02-01-2004, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Guy400
Why not? Monkeyboy and Slapnutz pretend they're Johhny C and Santas DaReesie's:D

i spit coffee all over my monitor:mad: :eek: :D lmfao, i hadnt ever heard the "Santa De Reesies" before:p

Guy400
02-01-2004, 09:08 AM
LMAO:D

Guy400
02-01-2004, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Scottie Mac
And, no offense, until Gust, Byrd and most importanatly Jeramiah are all in the same race, I just consider these early races as the preseason. I do agree that not all of the biggest names have all raced together yet I do think that Honda, Mark Baldwin and Tim are gathering very important information during this series. By Mark's own admission they didn't have the quad where they would've liked for the first race and they were being antagonized by a few mechanical gremlins. At Round 2 they corrected some earlier problems and won by a small amount. Now at Round 3 they've taken even more steps forward and won by a larger gap. By no means am I insinuating that Farr will win every race by an increasingly larger margin but I do think it shows that no matter how much R&D you put into something, you don't really know until it gets to the real world. This horsepower war cracks me up as well. We keep hearing about how the TRX is so far down on horsepower and that it's not capable of making YFZ numbers but apparently it makes enough to get the job done. While rider skill certainly plays a big part these guys are all potential winners on any given weekend so machine should be a factor. Given that all these pros are on a similar level than we'd expect the YFZ to walk the TRX if we're to believe the horsepower talk. The real question becomes, what secrets is Baldwin, Sparks and Timmy keeping to themselves to make this motor on par with the competition?;) :macho

ml450r
02-01-2004, 09:51 AM
Didn't Tim Farr pull the holeshot in round 1? I think I read that somewhere. Then Little and gust passed him.

Guy400
02-01-2004, 09:56 AM
Yes, and I think Tim pulled the holeshot in his heat race last night as well.

4fiddyR
02-01-2004, 10:18 AM
He did pull the holeshot in his heat. Then he won is heat. Then he did not pull the holeshot in the main, but he did win the main. :devil:

Scottie Mac
02-01-2004, 10:53 AM
I do agree that not all of the biggest names have all raced together yet I do think that Honda, Mark Baldwin and Tim are gathering very important information during this series. By Mark's own admission they didn't have the quad where they would've liked for the first race and they were being antagonized by a few mechanical gremlins. At Round 2 they corrected some earlier problems and won by a small amount. Now at Round 3 they've taken even more steps forward and won by a larger gap. By no means am I insinuating that Farr will win every race by an increasingly larger margin but I do think it shows that no matter how much R&D you put into something, you don't really know until it gets to the real world. This horsepower war cracks me up as well. We keep hearing about how the TRX is so far down on horsepower and that it's not capable of making YFZ numbers but apparently it makes enough to get the job done. While rider skill certainly plays a big part these guys are all potential winners on any given weekend so machine should be a factor. Given that all these pros are on a similar level than we'd expect the YFZ to walk the TRX if we're to believe the horsepower talk. The real question becomes, what secrets is Baldwin, Sparks and Timmy keeping to themselves to make this motor on par with the competition?;) :macho

I agree, just because a certain machine has ahp advantage in stock form means absolutely NOTHING when you start to add on motor mods. BOTH have a huge advantage over the Z400, but don't be surprized at all to see Gust pull holeshots this year. With the right engine builder, the right amount of money and the right sponsorship, anything can be fast as sh1t!!

Scott

Andy479
02-01-2004, 10:59 AM
Joe Byrd will be on a 450r this year, he just picked his up from the dealer Sat. He was 1st on the list and I was 3rd.

Guy400
02-01-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Andy479
Joe Byrd will be on a 450r this year, he just picked his up from the dealer Sat. He was 1st on the list and I was 3rd. And I may be wrong but I thought I heard Keith Little will be riding red when his comes in.

lukester720
02-01-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
try checking out the RACE COVERAGE section on this site. more then enough coverage of farr's wins. your statement "I have seen that you haven't posted the results of these races yet, but mabey you did not know about them. Or just mabey you didn't want to talk about them!" is exactly why we are having problems with members that dont pay attention yet still post statements such as this. i dont think you could consider Tim Farr and the staduim series in the same league as 2 rednecks hammering thru a field:p

sorry pappy i was just having a little fun. i didn't mean to offend anyone or anything like that. I was just playing of the stuff that was said at the beginning of the thread. I think most people know they would be happy with either bike weather they want to admit it or not.

TGW_400ex
02-01-2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Barely legal

How about you read dirtwheels THEY CONSTANTLY TIE

Steven
02-01-2004, 03:38 PM
We already knew the YFZ engine made more power than the CRF engine from the dirt bike arena. These engines are not new and tuners have been messing with them for years. Again, they get more power from the YFZ.

Anyway, I love all of Japan's creatures. Both mills are great and are competative with each other on the track.

Pappy
02-01-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Steven

Anyway, I love all of Japan's creatures.

o ro, it godzilla (in best japanese voice):devil:

Maxx_Action
02-01-2004, 04:12 PM
Why not? Monkeyboy and Slapnutz pretend they're Johhny C and Santas DaReesie's:D

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/g0/claps.gif

Bravo....

Maxx

jb500ex
02-01-2004, 04:44 PM
steven
that is not true dirt rider from last year had the crf dynoed higher in the 250 shootout i know motocross action had the yfz higher this year. i will go back and find the month and page for you

SpeedBump
02-01-2004, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by robby26wi
If all you meatheads want to drag race all day then sell what you have a buy a banshee...who the hell cares who wins the drag races.... That sums it ALL UP!!!!!!!!!!!! All you teenie boppers STFU about what is great, what is faster, what is what.....they are BOTH GREAT MACHINES......BOTH handle GREAT, BOTH are fast, BOTH are going to be beating each other on ANY GIVEN DAY!!!!!! SHEESH!!!!

r450rr
02-01-2004, 05:16 PM
i am pretty sure the crf constantly stomps the yzf. in competition and the average joe's race..