PDA

View Full Version : 300ex key...DIFFERNT QUESTION

quad_racer_19
01-31-2004, 08:47 PM
this isnt one of those relocated questions so you dont gotta get mad but when i was making my ignition plate for the time it took me to make it ... i had my ignition switch right off and all i did was put the two wirest together from it and pushed the button...would i be able to go back and screw the key and put it back to the 2 wires and just push the button.

is that going to drain my battery? or is it safe if i leave it in gear.. i dont have any neutral lights no more so i can probably leave it out of gear or no??

just curious

jhr400EX
01-31-2004, 10:00 PM
If you leave the two wires connected together it will drain your battery in a matter of a few hours. I wouldn't recommend doing it.

DirtyGirl
02-01-2004, 12:00 AM
You could go to any auto parts store and pick up a switch for about $2 and splice that into the 2 wires. My husband did that to his banshee (spliced into his kill switch) so that he didn't have to mess with a key. He hid the switch so now in order to start it you have to know where the switch is at. It's a cheap mod and basically just as effective for theft protection as having a key.

quad_racer_19
02-01-2004, 10:08 AM
like a miniature light switch about like 2 cm in length and 1 cm in width? i coudl like hide that on my frame by the spark plug and have it off and no one would know how to start it...that sounds pretty good idea rather than having to cary a key all over the place

DirtyGirl
02-01-2004, 07:30 PM
Ya you just need a 2 position toggle switch. He just zip tied his to his frame up underneath. You'd have to do some serious hunting to even find it.

quad_racer_19
02-01-2004, 08:12 PM
yeah that is pretty smart.just have it in arms length though not far away under the fender or something...has to have easy access