PDA

View Full Version : 450R in my garage

4punksdad
01-31-2004, 04:59 PM
:macho

http://cannondaleriders.com/vbb/attachment.php?s=&postid=34560

Pappy
01-31-2004, 05:04 PM
ifigured id see pics of you riding it atleast;)

4punksdad
01-31-2004, 05:38 PM
those are on the wife's camera. Gotta upload em yet.

Guy400
01-31-2004, 05:39 PM
Nice!!

Pappy
01-31-2004, 05:40 PM
bring it on:macho ( and bring your dozer too:p )

4punksdad
01-31-2004, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
bring it on:macho ( and bring your dozer too:p )

her camera takes really nice pictures, but the file sizes are HUGE. 600k or more..........by the time I resize them to an acceptable size they lose all quality. I think I like my cheapo camera better.

TCracin440ex
01-31-2004, 07:36 PM
4punks what part of va are you from...im in lynchburg...

MotoX3
01-31-2004, 07:57 PM
haha jk 4punks....looks sweet with all the other toys...hows it run?:macho

JOEX
01-31-2004, 08:25 PM
Way to go Joe! Get them riding pics up!

Joe

Guy400
01-31-2004, 09:00 PM
Joe, I demand a pic of the backyard double tomorrow:mad:

:D :D

jamiesel
01-31-2004, 09:19 PM
4punks... you don't miss a beat, still have the dale?

4punksdad
02-01-2004, 04:57 AM
questions questions.

yes I still have the dale. I plan to drag race them on dry pavement tomorrow for an independent c-dale vs. 450R speed king shootout.

riding pics will be posted at c-dale riders tomorrow (why can't we post pics here anymore?)................as for the backyard double, might be too much snow to get a run at it. I'll try it if its possible and be sure to get photos.

hows it run?.............tough to tell with all the snow and ice, but she feels very fast and is super comfy. Starts on the first or second kick no problem.

what part of VA am I from. Front Royal, which is about 60 miles west of Washington DC. I got the bike at Loudoun Motorsports in Leesburg, VA. Its the first one I have seen in the area and I JUST couldn't let it spend its first night in VA away from home :D

4punksdad
02-01-2004, 06:37 PM
http://www.cannondaleriders.com/vbb/attachment.php?s=&postid=34705

stock cannibal feels faster & wins in a drag

02-01-2004, 07:15 PM
did you guys swap bikes?

doesnt your cdale have the speed map?

4punksdad
02-01-2004, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by BeeeRock!
did you guys swap bikes?

yeah, we swapped.........I was able to win on either bike, but I won WAY easier on the c-dale. The basic feal is that the c-dale is quicker. My cannibal is stock.

I think the 450R would be just as quick with a smaller front sprocket.

AlaskaSpeed
02-01-2004, 07:58 PM
did you guys swap bikes?

Here we go again...."doesn't your cdale have teh speed map?".....c'mon...don't you guys ever get tired of the excuses? I don't find it hard to believe that the Cannondale would be quicker, it's a quad that was the Ferarri of quads if you ask me.

If it makes you feel better, I'll ask Joe to run the Kabota mapping to give the TRX a better shot at a win.....mercy........:rolleyes:

4punksdad
02-01-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by AlaskaSpeed

If it makes you feel better, I'll ask Joe to run the Kabota mapping to give the TRX a better shot at a win.

LMFAO

kabota mapping:p

AlaskaSpeed
02-01-2004, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by 4punksdad
LMFAO

kabota mapping:p

LOL...that one was just for you, buddy..........:D

02-01-2004, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by AlaskaSpeed
Here we go again...."doesn't your cdale have teh speed map?".....c'mon...don't you guys ever get tired of the excuses? I don't find it hard to believe that the Cannondale would be quicker, it's a quad that was the Ferarri of quads if you ask me.

If it makes you feel better, I'll ask Joe to run the Kabota mapping to give the TRX a better shot at a win.....mercy........:rolleyes:

I asked a simple question. i thought that was pappys old cdale and i thought he had it mapped for a speed.

4punksdad
02-01-2004, 10:44 PM
I asked a simple question. i thought that was pappys old cdale and i thought he had it mapped for a speed.

he was just busting on you and me both BEE. The kabota comment was directed at my excavating background I think.

actually the cannibal belonged to Guy when I bought it. He didn't re-map it to the best of my knowledge. Guy has sold me 2 bikes now, and I gotta say............he really takes good care of his stuff.

r450rr
02-01-2004, 10:56 PM
the comment u made about the front sprocket,, got me wandering.. about how what kind of combination is best for,, maximum top end without loosing to much bottom..is it (smaller front larger back or the other way around..) just curious, on u guys thoughts....

and another question does the TRX 450R come with a 15 or 16 tooth front sprocket, and just what sizes would u guys recomend on the combinations.. thanks

p.s. i am looking for more top end cause the way it sounds the bike seems to lack on top end.. not bashing... cause i am gettin it ... but just need a good gear combo, to gain some top with out loosing to much btm...thanks

4punksdad
02-01-2004, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by r450rr
the comment u made about the front sprocket,, got me wandering.. about how what kind of combination is best for,, maximum top end without loosing to much bottom..is it (smaller front larger back or the other way around..) just curious, on u guys thoughts....

and another question does the TRX 450R come with a 15 or 16 tooth front sprocket, and just what sizes would u guys recomend on the combinations.. thanks

p.s. i am looking for more top end cause the way it sounds the bike seems to lack on top end.. not bashing... cause i am gettin it ... but just need a good gear combo, to gain some top with out loosing to much btm...thanks

the bike seems to have a bunch of top end. I have only ridden it twice. The smaller front sprocket will give you quicker acceleration, but loss of top end. I am not sure what the stock gearing is. But Its about to change on mine

r450rr
02-01-2004, 11:04 PM
so a bigger front gear would give less btm and more top.... i got some ex front sprockets for when i was toggling with the speed on it... does a ex front sprocket fit,, i think it is a 16 tooth i got..

if anyoneknows what the gear combo is stock on the R please tell me,, so i can go ahead an make some purchases..thanks

QuadJunkies
02-01-2004, 11:50 PM
Congrats on the new 450 Joe!!! I look forward to seeing them tear it up at the track this year:cool:

4punksdad
02-02-2004, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Congrats on the new 450 Joe!!! I look forward to seeing them tear it up at the track this year:cool:

thanks QJ

TGW_400ex
02-02-2004, 07:34 AM
yeah, we swapped.........I was able to win on either bike, but I won WAY easier on the c-dale. The basic feal is that the c-dale is quicker. My cannibal is stock.

I think the 450R would be just as quick with a smaller front sprocket.

In your pic the canibal does not have its stock exaust the canibals stock exhaust looks like a 400exs that looks like my friends speeds exhaust:huh

4punksdad
02-02-2004, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by TGW_400ex
In your pic the canibal does not have its stock exaust the canibals stock exhaust looks like a 400exs that looks like my friends speeds exhaust:huh

you are mistaken my friend. Thats a stock exhaust for a 2003 model. The 02 cannibal had a round silencer made by fmf.

TGW_400ex
02-02-2004, 03:45 PM
you are mistaken my friend. Thats a stock exhaust for a 2003 model. The 02 cannibal had a round silencer made by fmf.

sorry my bad