PDA

View Full Version : orange hiper tech rims

fastexgirl4c
01-31-2004, 01:59 PM
in the new dirtwheels there are orange hiper tech rims....i looked all over the internet for them and hiper tech's site..but i didnt find them....since my bike is mostly orange i want the orange rings.. i was just wondering if anyone knws where i can find them..(except dirtwheels)

sweet300ex
01-31-2004, 02:01 PM
just get normal hipers then powdercoat them

fastexgirl4c
01-31-2004, 02:13 PM
the guy that does my powder coating said that i cant get them done because powder coating would mess up the carbon fiber

marksuttonjr
01-31-2004, 02:35 PM
I ride with a guy that has the orange rings. I am not sure where he got them. I will ask if I think about it the next time I see him, but that will be a while. I don't talk to him except when we are on riding trips and we do not have one planed for a few months.

FourFiftyFour
01-31-2004, 02:37 PM
i dont know why powdercoating the rings would hurt anything? its just the rings..... thats what im gonna do whenever u get hipers

fastexgirl4c
01-31-2004, 02:41 PM
im gonna see about them wit a diffrent powder coater.. i already got hipers but they are black

jb500ex
01-31-2004, 02:42 PM
the rims aren't like other carbon fiber parts, they more like a plastic so check again, see if it makes a difference

Ralph
01-31-2004, 02:49 PM
YOU CANNOT POWDERCOAT CARBON FIBER. You can only powdercoat metals.

fastexgirl4c
01-31-2004, 02:51 PM
i knw that..thats y i am askin where u get
the orange rings..u can also powder coat another thing but i forgot what is was
so does neone knw where i can get the orange rings?

250rpilot
01-31-2004, 04:11 PM
arent the rings made of aluminum? making them powder-coatable?:huh

Ralph
01-31-2004, 04:37 PM
OMFG! READ PEOPLE. They are talking about HIPER rims. Yes u read it right HIPER CARBON FIBER WHEELS, made entirely out of carbon fiber except little things like bolts. So no, you CANNOT powdercoat the wheels

fastexgirl4c
01-31-2004, 05:10 PM
YES THey r made completly outa carbon fiber so i cant powder coat them so does neone knw where i can get orange rings for them..like seprate AND THTA ARENT POWDER COATEd aiight

cjpoole1
01-31-2004, 05:45 PM
they might have made them for a short period and stopped making them. i know they made green rings for a while and had a problem with the dye or something and stopped offering them in green. Their website still shows the green rings, but about 3 weeks ago we tried to order some for a KFX and they were no longer available.

Glow Plug
01-31-2004, 05:52 PM
yeah like ralph said it is impossable to p/c carbon fiber, I figured people already knew that. The only way you could get orange rings is to make hiper make you a set

marksuttonjr
02-01-2004, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by Ralph
OMFG! READ PEOPLE. They are talking about HIPER rims. Yes u read it right HIPER CARBON FIBER WHEELS, made entirely out of carbon fiber except little things like bolts. So no, you CANNOT powdercoat the wheels

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to catch that.

I talked to 1 of the guys I ride with. He said that the other guy ordered them straight from the company with the orange rings. It has been almost a year since he purchased them. So give Hiper tech a call, and you will be able to get a set from them if they still make them.

beak7707
02-01-2004, 08:44 AM
Hiper is also supposed to be comming out with a new line of wheels, i think its just a different finish. They may be offering orange with this new line. Maybe they just dont have it on the web site yet, just give them a call.

fastexgirl4c
02-01-2004, 09:46 AM
i called them and they do have them..they are custom made so it cost alot..so i gotta get the money to get them...they r like 50$ for all 4 i think thats what the guy said..