PDA

View Full Version : New parts,

08-19-2001, 07:56 PM
Okay, now that I have decided to keep my 300EX, I want to sink some money into it. I have already decided on buying a T.M designworks nylon chain protector for the swingarm and their nylon roller, and the swingarm skid plate slider. I was too cheap to buy these parts before and I think that they could have saved my case. I have also decided on 400EX a-arms, Desert Dog rear tires on ITP race wheels w/rings (possibly the ones that are black anodized), and aluminum rear wheel spacers that add 5" out back.
Now, time for my questions, what size does the Edelbrock carb come in for the 300EX? And what cam should I get? I know I want a mid to top (not a race cam that requires shortened valve guides) but I don't know who to go with, TC racing, Web cams, and White brothers all sound like lucrative makers, but who makes the best?
Thank you very much for your time and knowledge. :)

08-20-2001, 04:22 PM
Sorry, I should have put this in the motor forum.
Input on my question?
Thanks.

08-21-2001, 12:29 PM
No replies.:(

08-21-2001, 01:03 PM
Well I can tell ya the price on those black anodized rims aren't cheap,,,add like 30 bucks per rim for the black,,,they must be crazy.

I'd go with the TC racing cam or look into GT thunders cams..

08-21-2001, 02:24 PM
Yeah, I just looked up stock rims on serv.honda, and those may be in the question too. I guess I will look into those GTT cams, they never even crossed my mind. Thanks! 77.

08-21-2001, 04:24 PM
hey guys this is trx400ex...my old name isnt working just right now but i want to warn all of you that my friend just got in his itp beadlocks that have been backordered for 4 months....well they sent him black anodized instead of chrome and the black crap was peeling off before they were out of the box.....yuo could rub them with you finger and it would come off....im a little nervous about buying any itp products except tires

hey 77 i have some brand new 2002 model aarms i could sell you along with the tireods if you can wait a month or so

08-21-2001, 06:29 PM
I can wait, are they used or new? If they are used I won't consider it, but if they are new and at a good deal, I will jump on it.

08-22-2001, 04:09 PM
Today I took my engine in to have the case replaced. My question is that the dude said he would have to send it out to have the cases matched, is this normal? I don't know whether he is just trying to squeeze more change from my pockets or what.